Chapter 7

Wreck-it-Jen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 7/?

“Hello?”

“Wendy..”

“Jesus Jen, are you okay? Where on earth are you? I’ve been calling and texting you. Are you okay??”

“I’m fine don’t worry about me… well partially fine… I guess I need time out *chuckles* I’m on my way back now. So no worries. I’ m not doing anything remotely dumb if that’s what you’re afraid of”

“I’ll be there in a few okay?”

“No, it’s okay Wen, I think I’m going to rest for a while. It has been a hectic day”

Wendy nodded, fully aware that her best friend couldn’t see her from the end of the line. She feels bad for the latter. Jennie had never been denied or rejected throughout her life. Knowing the New Zealander for almost half of her 22 years life, it was a certain full blow straight to her face. She knows that the latter wouldn’t be able to take it. But forcing Jennie to talk it out would appear to be fruitless as well. Maybe Wendy should give the girl some space for the time being and talk to her when the time comes.

Wendy turns her gaze from the balcony and was welcomed by the sight of Jisoo leaning against the door.

“Hey Jen, if you need anything. Just text me or call me okay?”

“Of course I will. Thanks Wen. You’re the best”

Wendy hung up the call, and chucked her iphone into her back pocket whilst looking back at Jisoo.

“Dinner’s ready. Dad is looking for you Wan”

Wendy groans, walking towards the latter. She wraps her arm around her shoulder and gives it a slight squeeze. “I swear to God, if your dad forces me to try out his Cuban Cigar one more time, I’m going to get lung cancer by the end of this year.”

“Well, you’re in the family already Wan. Everyone who’s going to be KIM need to at least try out his Cigar” Jisoo chuckles

“No, it’s going to be Son soon. Anyway, Where’s your sister?” Wendy asks,

“On call with her colleague” Jisoo leans her body slight against the fluffy hamster and sighs “How is she?”

Wendy raises an eyebrow “Jennie?”

“Of course, who else?”

“She said she was fine. She needs some space as of now. I need to talk to her later on, make sure she’s okay” Wendy shrugs guiltily

“Why do you have to do that? She needs to learn to take a hit. You guys can’t always babying her Wan. She’s 22. The Truth is painful, but everyone needs to go through that in order for you to learn.” Jisoo huffs in annoyance “I know what I said was harsh, but someones got to tell her that”

Wendy sighs lightly “You’re making me feel like I’m not a good friend to Jennie”

“You’re the best I’m sure of that, but seriously, you guys need to stop. Just let her fall for once” 

Wendy nodded.

“And for the love of god, while you’re at it, Can you please tell her to stop doing whatever she’s doing right now because she’s making me uncomfortable”

 

***

[Morning after]

Jennie plops herself on her King size bed, scrutinizing the wood panels in blue accent tray ceiling above her. Millions of thought runs through her mind as she recalled all the things that Jisoo said to her.

She’s baffled at the thought that Jisoo would ever imply that she’s incapable of taking care of others and herself. She immediately sits upright, face hardened. Jennie slips on her slippers and walks out of her room.

“Miss??” Florencia Fuentes, her maid suddenly drops the basket of laundry to be fold on the ground. She then looks at the clock on the wall, still indicating 0630. Why is Miss Jennie up so early in the morning? Today is Saturday, it would’ve take a few more hours for the heiress to usually wake up.

Flo is having a panic attack because everything is not ready yet! Jennie’s breakfast, Jennie’s wardrobe, Jennie’s snacks… oh my God.

“Breathe Flo, breathe,”, Florencia didn’t even realised that she was basically lying on the floor, hyperventilating as her heart is one shy away from bursting out from her chest.

“Please…..*inhale*, don’t fire me…. *inhale* Miss Jennie…*inhale* I promise your breakfast will be ready in 10minutes”

Jennie is taken aback “What on earth are you talking about? I’m not going to fire you just because my breakfast is not ready on time.. Jesus Flo, calm down. Breathe properly, I don’t want you die on me” rubbing the maid’s arms up and down.

“It’s okay Miss, *inhale* if I die, I’ll walk myself out and throw myself in the bin”

Jennie blinks blankly at her maid before bursting in a genuine laughter. She drops herself on the ground clutching her stomach while Florencia kept her eyes on her employer. That was the first time in her 10years of working with the infamous younger Kim she ever hears such laughter. It was refreshing and welcoming.  

Jennie wipes her tears “I didn’t know that you had it in you Flo” Then she gives her maid her gummy smile. Taken aback is an understatement. Jennie Kim’s gummy smile is highly attractive and it warms her heart.

As both women stood upright, Flo helps Jennie to dust off lint from her sweatpants and shirt. “I’ll go and fix you your favourite French toast right now miss”

“How do you know I want my French toast?” Jennie tilts as she follows her maid walking towards the kitchen.

“Because it’s Saturday?”

Jennie perplexed “I always eat French toast on Saturday?”

Florencia chuckles “of course Miss” She halts her steps and flickers at her employer “urm Miss Jennie, you can just wait in the living room. I’ll be done in a few”

Jennie shrugs “I’m bored. So I think I’m just going to watch you make the toast”

Florencia smiles and let her employer be. Best not to question anymore, god knows what to do if the heiress suddenly decided to throw tantrum. As she enters the kitchen, she heard audible gasp from the other maids. It is safe to say that the workers are just as surprise to see Jennie early in the morning during the weekend and let alone following her into the kitchen.  

Jennie plops on the marble kitchen counter as the rest of the other maids scatter around to do their own job. “So how do you make french toast?”

“Well, we need bread, eggs and milk”

Jennie furrows her eyebrows “Wow… that sounds boring…..I don’t want to eat that”

Florencia turns to look at the heiress “Uh, okay. What would you like to have then Miss?”

“Surprise me. What’s your favourite breakfast Flo?”

Florencia paused for a while and gives out a small sm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter