Chapter 21

Wreck-it-Jen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21/?

 

A black Mercedes rolls down Broome Street. Two passengers sit in silence with only soft music fills the confine space.

“Where to Miss?” The driver’s voice breaks the small tranquillity that both women bask. The slightly younger one look at the screen of her phone before muttering “ Bxng Bxng at 328”

“So…” the older woman utters, changing her gaze from the view outside “Where are we going exactly?”

It was around 10 in the morning that she got a call from the other woman, wanting her to accompany her to go to some places. The younger one did not even disclose any information as to where they were heading not even when she shows up at her penthouse with that poker face on.

“A tattoo shop”

That definitely grabs Mina’s attention. Not that Chaeyoung’s personality isn’t attention grabbing enough but ink does lift Chaeyoung’s attractiveness to another level.

“A tattoo shop?”

Chaeyoung nods as she leans against the seat, closing her eyes almost immediately.

“And… you need me to come with you, because?” Mina can’t help but prod

“Your presence calms me down”

“Okay”

Both women have no idea how this ‘friendship’ work. Is this even ‘friendship’? Mina knows very little about Chaeyoung and Chaeyoung on the other hand does not know Mina at all. Just her name and none at all. After the incident, they form a bond that even both couldn’t understand. The presence of the rich heiress seems to calm Chaeyoung down and Chaeyoung mysterious persona captivate the other woman and she can’t help but drawn to her.

*

“Hello, welcome to BXng BXng, do you have an appointment?” A sassy looking black haired lady greets them as they step inside the modern looking premise.

“Ah yes, Under Son Chaeyoung. C.H.A.E.Y.O.U.N.G”

The receptionist who had ‘Kat’ printed on her name tag quickly taps her ipad, probably scrolling through the list. “Miss Son… with Lisa, right? Come, follow me, Lisa’s at the back, just finishing her breakfast, will be with you in a minute”

A simple thanks and both women follow the receptionist further into the tattoo shop. As they arrived, two tall and lanky women steps out of the pantry.

The slightly taller one with a gorgeous blonde hair is holding the shorter haired brunette hands, swinging it lightly. It appears that the blonde one is reprimanding her about something but the brunette just chuckles, nodding in between scolding.

“Hate to burst your little love bubble, but your 1130 is here Lis” Kat utters, pointing at their customer behind her.

The Brunette woman, who Chaeng and Mina assume to be Lisa, walks towards them exchanging hellos and gives both ladies a firm handshake.

“So which one of u is Miss Son?”

“That’ll be me” Chaeng utters softly

“I’m going to show you a bunch of designs that I have been working on later, but could you guys give me a sec? Need to the lady of the house outside” pointing at the blonde whom playfully scowls at her.

“Girlfriend?” Mina asks as she eyes Lisa and the blonde girl walks away hand in hand.

“Oh how she wish Rosie’s her girlfriend” Kat laugh

*

Lisa shows Chaeng several designs based on what her client told her about certain things that she talks about. After much discussion – mainly Chaeyoung asking Mina whether it would cover up certain part of her arms – she chose an intricate 19th century sculpture design that creates an illusion of a woman with transparent veil with chains holding her wings from spreading free. Mina wonders the meaning of Chaeyoung’s choice.

When Lisa asks her client to change her long sweater to a more comfortable and sleeveless attire. She tries not to flinch when she saw the number of scars that goes along her client’s right bicep and forearm. She side eyed another woman who’s sitting looking unperturbed about the whole scene.

The rich looking lady ruffles her client’s hair with much softness “She’s an MMA athlete, hence the scars”

The petite girl only hums in agreement.

Lisa nods, “Must have been a hell of a fight”, she utters as she starts her work “How long have you been into the MMA scene?”

Chaeyoung shouldn’t feel uncomfortable by the seemingly innocent question. It’s a common occurrence for tattooist to start conversation with the clients, considering the fact they’ll be together for couple of hours and sessions to say the least.

Mina who weirdly can sense the discomfort opt to talk on behalf of her newly profound friend instead “For around 4 to 5 years”

Chaeyoung wanted to scoff audibly by the numbers that the heiress throws out. She wanted to say that violence was pretty much ingrain throughout her childhood. But she keeps mum.

“Hardcore” Lisa utters “What makes you want to go for that?”

Chaeyoung chuckles “My dad was pretty much ‘into’ that kind of stuff, so was basically drag into the ‘sport’ along the way”

“You end up loving it?”

Chaeyoung shook her head “Nah. Find it too… exhausting and time consuming”

Lisa gives a small smile “Parents am I right? They don’t know ”

“Tell me about it”  

**

 

“Wendy, can I talk to you for a bit?’ Professor Irene says as she caught up with the Canadian walking out of the class. Wendy turns around and asks Toby and Hanna to wait for her at the usual table.

“Is there something wrong with my thesis?”

Prof Irene gives a small smile, amuse as to why her top student would even ask that “I’m sure you know that there’s nothing wrong with your thesis Wendy”

Wendy chuckles “I know that very well. Anyway, so, what’s up?”

“Is Toby okay?”

Wendy sighs a little “He’s fine. He’s still up about Jennie’s gone awol”

Prof Irene nods in understanding “He’s been giving Jisoo dirty eye for couple of days and I m a little concern”

“No worries, I ll keep my eyes on him… and I’d take care of Jisoo” Wendy gives her usual winsome smile. The professor lets out a chuckle “I know you would. You gave her a tad bit too much attention nowadays”   

“Is it too obvious?”

Instead of answering her favourite – she tries to make it subtle about favouring the Canadian girl – student, Prof Irene shrugs as she stacks some papers on her table.

“Well… I mean, I could take care of you too Prof if you want?” a winsome smile plasters across Wendy’s face

Prof Irene shook her head as she glares at Wendy “Miss Son. Boundaries”

Who would’ve known that the goody two shoes looking girl is a major flirt out-side of class. Professor Irene acknowledge this major revelation around a year ago and the Canadian girl would occasionally throw a few playful pick up line out of nowhere.

Wendy has her hand up, taking a step back. “Sorry prof, couldn’t help myself” She laughs as she bids her lecturer goodbye and make her way towards the cafeteria.

  *

“So basically. I need to edit the last part of the thesis?”

“Yup, that’s pretty much it”

“Which part ?”

“urm… from 1 to line 300…ish

“Jen…”

“yes?”

“THAT’S LIKE ASKING ME TO RE-DO THE ENTIRE PARAGRAPH”

Soft chuckles hit her eardrum and Jisoo couldn’t help but smiling as well.

“Well… I mean, u really need to re-do the whole thing”

Jisoo unconsciously pout and she sighs dramatically as she plops herself on her Queen size bed “What did I dooo wrongggggggg this time around??

And before Jennie could answer that, Jisoo could hear Michael’s voice yelling at the heiress to get to her work and the broccolis need to be stack a.s.a.p.

“I’m sure you can hear that” Jennie chuckles “I need to get back or else Michael will be up my ”

“That… sounds so wrong”

Screeching could be heard at the end of the line while Jisoo herself is laughing, imagining the other Kim falling flat on her face.

“Jesus Jisoo, that’s… effin gross. God… euu no”
 

“Hahaha, I’m sorry, I’m sorry. That was bad. I should let you do your work now. I can hear Michael yelling through the intercom”

“Hah. That’s not an intercom. That’s his voice. Yah… I should go now, good luck with your thesis. Bye Jisoo”

“Bye Jennie. See you tomorrow?”

“See you tomorrow”

 *

Jennie smiles as she chucks her phone in her front pocket. She turns around and almost instantly knock the boxes of almond milk on her right. Jennie clutches her front shirt muffling a series of curses that were about to spit from .

In front of her stood Aldo and of course Taeyeon whose looking at her intently.

“Wear a bell will you???! Jesus” Jennie spats clearly not amused and slightly creep out by how her colleagues are staring at her. “What?”

“Who’s that?” Aldo, the sweet old man asks which softens her heart a little.

“A friend of mine Aldo”

Then the ever so familiar obnoxious friend wraps her arm around Aldo’s shoulder eyeing her with that insufferable glint in her eyes that starting to annoy the crap out of her.

“A SPECIAL friend I might say Aldo”

“Shut up Taeyeon”

“Tsk tsk, where’s the Unnie in that? I would like to remind you that I’m older than you”

“You don’t even deserve to be called Unnie in the first place, you lil piece of ”

Taeyeon then exaggeratedly moves a few steps back, looking mildly offended “Whoa, whoa, coming in hot now Jen. Anyway, are we still on tomorrow?”

“What do you mean are we still on? On what?”

“Hanging out with your unrequited crush?” Taeyeon says matter-o-factly

“Jennie has a crush?” Aldo asks, pretty excited about the little information that he has

“You’re not invited” Jennie looks at Taeyeon deadpanned before smiling at Aldo “No Aldo, I don’t have a crush. Taeyeon is just being her usual dipsh*t right now” 

“Oops, I m sorry, I meant the love of your life and TECHNICALLY I was personally invited, and its rude not to come” Taeyeon smirks  

“Can I come?” Aldo asks which receives a perplex look from Jennie “I want to see the pretty lady who caught our Jennie’s heart”

“Why do u assume it’s a lady? I could be crushing on a handsome man you know” Jennie utters slightly baffles by the statement

“Are you?”

“Well… no, but…”

Aldo chuckles “So can I come?”

“Hey it’s rude to turn down an old man’s request” Taeyeon chirps in. Practically enjoying the death glare that Jennie gives

“Can I?”

“Come on Jennie. What’s the worst that could have happen? It’s not like we’re going to interrupt your pathetic love ritual”

“Fxxk off Taeyeon”

 

**

Jennie sighs heavily as she practically drags her legs behind the trio who seems to be forgotten her existence for the past hour. They’re on their way to McLaren’s Café after Taeyeon have been complaining about her recent craving. So much for not interrupting. Jennie huffs in annoyance.

It was supposed to be hers and Jisoo bonding time. Not Jisoo, Taeyeon and Aldo minus Jennie bonding time. She internally groans. It turns out that Jisoo and Aldo knows each other well.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter