Chapter 14

Wreck-it-Jen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14/?

 

 

+MMA Shorty

Saw your sister again today.

 

Where at?

 

Admin building

Dude, I think you should at least tell them you’re fine.

 

She’s going to force me to go bck

 

You don’t know that. Explain to her properly.

I’m sure she understands.

 

***

Jennie scrutinizes the jar of peanut butter in her hand. Reading through the label, tuning out the older woman’s voice who’s standing beside her.

“It has been a week! Where’s my goddess at???”

“Librarian Super Convention maybe? Who knows they have these super-secret underground jobs?” Jennie shrugs, pushing her cart after adding on the peanut butter jar in. “Can you imagine, those librarians fighting crimes in their plaid skirt and black framed glasses” Jennie poses with her cart, which annoys Taeyeon even more.

“Ha.ha.ha.ha, very funny Jennie” Taeyeon huffs

“Wasn’t much of a comedian growing up, thank you for the compliment” Jennie gives an exaggerate grin. Taeyeon smacks the back of her head before walking away.

Jennie rubs her head clearly peeved by the older woman action.

“Don’t you have work to do today Taeyeon?” Jennie asks

“I’m the janitor for our building. It’s not like everyday people need me to change the light bulb. Which reminds me, not that I’m nosey or anything, but why aren’t you attending your classes?”

Jennie stops on her track, looking at Taeyeon dead set in the eyes. “If I were to tell you that, I’m going to have to kill you”

The older woman who’s clearly not amused by the answer rolls her eyes “Hardy Har Har, you’re real life Kim Possible”

“Well, we do share the same name. The difference is, Kim works for the good side while I work with Dr Drakken” humming to the tune of Kim Possible’s soundtrack

Taeyeon groans “You’re so annoying”

“You got to work on your vocabulary a bit more Taeyeon. Your so called insult seems sadder by the second”

Taeyeon ignores the younger woman as she eyes her favourite flavoured pop tarts on the top shelf. She was clearly irritated “Why do these idiots likes to put them on top shelf”

“Just to spite off little person like you”

“I’m taller than you”

“Don’t make me laugh Taeyeon” Jennie scoffs

“I bet you 100 bucks I can totally reach the damn pop tarts without any help” taeyeon smugs

Jennie pulls Taeyeon shirt as soon as the older woman starts to climb the shelves. “You crazy woman! Get down”

Being stubborn as hell Taeyeon refuses to back down. She was adamant on getting the stupid pop tart and to prove to Jennie that she is taller than the latter. As her middle finger grazes the edge of the blue box, Taeyeon can feel something was definitely off with the gravity. She turns slightly to her left to see what was going on. Taeyeon’s sight was welcomed by a wide eyes Jennie mouthing the F word.

And before they know it, everything came crushing down. Literally.

**

Jennie could’ve just said no and blame it on the older woman for being such a pain. She also could’ve just whip out some of her stash and just pay all the damage done and she would heavily emphasize that it was by all mean not her darn fault.

ALAS!! Since this is a new life that she’s trying to adapt and a new living arrangement that Jennie herself created, she opt to accept the ‘punishment’ given by the store owner to work to pay off the ‘debt’.

“Great… an unwelcomed part time job” she mutters under her breathe as she zip up the blue work vest that’s given to her.

“For the next 3 months, both of you will work for me to pay for all the damages that the two of you- darn consulting adults – did” the bold guy with a thick moustache shook his head. “You could’ve just ask for the employee’s help to get the stuff for you instead of ruining the whole shelves”  

“First of all MICHAEL…” Taeyeon slightly raises her voice but was forcefully shut by Jennie who has her right hand clamps the other woman’s mouth

“I’m so sorry Sir for all the troubles that SHE had caused and it wasn’t MY intention to cause this unnecessary disturbance”

Michael gestures both women to follow him, as he lead them to their working stations.

***

Toby slaps both of his cheeks lightly, in hoping that it could wake him up from his sleepy state. It has been weeks that he hasn’t able to get a decent sleep. The thought of him not knowing where Jennie is disturbs him greatly.

This isn’t like Jennie thing to do. The idiot best friend of him wouldn’t just disappear out of the blue and not contacting any of them.  It seems like what had transpired between Jennie and Jisoo had affected Jennie more than he could even imagine.

Poor Jennie. She must have fallen for Jisoo hard if in that case.

Suddenly a surge of anger evokes within him. Jisoo... Jisoo should have let Jennie down gently instead of fending his best friend off as if Jennie was a pest.

On the other hand, Hanna who’s sitting next to the lanky boy, keeps her eyes on two women who’s sitting on the bench not far from where she is. It baffles her how much that those two are getting closer nowadays. Since when?

Hanna scrutinizes how close they’re sitting next to each other and focus on how their eyes glimmer while looking at one other. The not so subtle thumb rubbing from Jisoo against Wen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter