They Meet

Love is bitter...or is it?
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next day Yongsun woke up with the sun shining brightly in her eyes. She slightly parted her eyes open as she rolled over to pull her phone from the charger that was on the desk next to the bed.

“Ugh, 7:30? It should be illegal to be this bright this early…” She pulled her covers up over her head and attempted to go back to bed…an attempt that would have worked if not for the low growls coming from her stomach. She pulled the covers back down and gave a low sigh as she rubbed her eyes. “Fine, you win.” She groaned as she patted her stomach.

Ring Ring

“Hello?”

“How are you doing? Are you okay? Should I come back? If you need…”

“What?...” Yongsun pulled the phone away from her ear and sighed as she looked at the screen. “Mom, I’m fine…you saw me just last night, I swear nothing remotely interesting or eventful has happened since then.”

After getting her mother to finally relax and assure her that she was fine, Yongsun forced herself to finally get out of bed and get dressed in her casual wear which consisted of ripped black jeans, and a white tank top with a blue flannel button down over it. Completing the look with her rounded black rimmed glasses, she grabbed her keys and wallet off the desk and headed out the door.

Being the Saturday before the school year started, you would think that the campus would be void of any life, you know…students getting their last hoorah in before they were tied down to studying and becoming lifeless zombies as some would like to say. However, unlucky for Yongsun, that wasn’t the case. She found herself having to navigate her way through the crowded dorm hallways of excited freshman who were already eagerly making friends and getting better acquainted with their surroundings.  Yongsun looked at them and rolled her eyes in annoyance as she stuffed her hands into her pockets and continued out the large doors of the women’s dorm.  

As she wandered around campus, she caught a glimpse of a small café that was right across the street from the university.

“Might as well” she mumbled to herself.

Soon as she entered the café, she was surrounded by the sweet aroma of coffee mixed with cakes and pastries. A smell that is so common, yet unfamiliar considering it has been months since her last visit to any pl

Please log in to read the full chapter