Open Up

Love is bitter...or is it?
Please log in to read the full chapter

The week went by rather slowly, but it wasn’t dreadful in the least. Everyone was able to get themselves situated into their own routine that worked for them. Byul had also mustered up the courage to talk to Yongsun more. Regardless of the fact that it was merely a “hello” here and there while passing each other on campus, it was still progress none the less.

When Sunday came along, Byul was sighing to herself as she watched her two friends give each other death threats over a game of mortal combat. It was highly amusing, but her mind was elsewhere.

“Woohooo! Another victory for me!” Hyejin yelled, pumping her fist in the air as her other hand moved to flick Wheein across the forehead.

“Yah!” Wheein groaned, clearly frustrated. “I thought you said you’ve never played this before!”

“Call it beginners luck…” Hyejin shrugged while sticking her tongue out at her short friend.

“Byul, help me out here will you!?” Wheein cried out. “Byul…Byul…Byul!”

“Huh!? What is it? What did you say?” Byul looked over to see her two friends staring at her blankly.

“What’s wrong with you? You haven’t even touched your drink.” Hyejin asked sounding a bit concerned.

“Nothing, I’m fine…really guys.” She gave them a smile that didn’t quite reach her eyes.

“Byul…you know we know you well enough to know those forced smiles of yours, what’s really going on?” Wheein asked, getting up off of the floor to go and sit next to Byul on the bed.

Byul mentally face palmed herself, forgetting that she can’t hide anything from the only two people that know her inside and out. She was about to respond when her phone went off. She excitedly pulled it out of her pocket only to sigh in defeat because it was only an alarm she had set reminding her of a test coming up on Tuesday.

Hyejin looked at her quizzically while raising a brow. “Are you waiting for a call from someone pumpkin?”

“What? No of course not…who would call me aside from you two anyways?” Byul said waving her off.

“Byul…” Wheein said simply.

“Aha! I have an idea!” Hyejin shot upright.

“It’s never a good sign when you’re smiling to yourself like an idiot…I’ve been on the wrong side of those said ideas one too many times…” Wheein said shaking her head.

“Oh come on, you have to admit those were some pretty fun times Wheein…we have to live our youth up!” Speaking of which, I have a solution to your little problem pumpkin!” Hyejin said excitedly.

“My problem? What problem do I have exactly?” Byul asked, wary to know the answer.

“Your little thing….or rather, lack of a thing with Yongsun of course. Don’t you dare deny it either…the whole time you’ve been over here you have looked like an abandoned puppy sitting in the corner over there.”

Byul stayed quiet, knowing that the chances of winning this argument were slim to none. She simply waited for Hyejin to

Please log in to read the full chapter