I wasn't Lying

Love is bitter...or is it?
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Come on, you’re going to get sick if you don’t change your clothes.” Byul said as she grabbed Yongsun’s hand and pulled her into her dorm. As she closed the door behind them, Yongsun could be heard sniffling quietly to herself as her head hung low.

“Here…” Byul pulled a towel out of her closet and put it around Yongsun’s shoulders. She grabbed onto the towel and held it tightly around herself, “I’m sorry you had to see that,” Yongsun said    quietly.

Byul stared at her, unsure of whether to ask the broken girl in front of her or not, but her curiosity got the better of her, “Who was that just now? Was she a relative?” she asked a bit hesitantly.

Yongsun’s eyes quickly shot up, nearly glaring daggers at Byul, “That crazy is not a part of my family, and she never will be!”

Byul was taken aback by Yongsun’s choice of words, she wasn’t sure what she was supposed to say to that so she averted her eyes to the floor while rubbing her palms against her thighs, giving off a low “I’m sorry.”

Yongsun softened her gaze and let out a deep sigh. “I’m sorry Byul…It’s just that…I came here in hopes of never seeing her again. I didn’t think that she would actually put in the effort to find me here. Though, I can’t say that I’m super surprised since she made my last year of high school hell for me.”

“Care to talk about it? I’m a really good listener” Byul asked, giving a small smile.

“Why would you want to hear my sappy life story? It’s all in the past anyways…” Yongsun laughed bitterly just thinking about it.

Byul walked over to her closet again and pulled out one of her large blue hoodies with a pair of black track pants and handed them to Yongsun. “…Because I told you that I was here whenever you needed someone to talk to. I know from experience that it’s never a good idea to keep these kind of things bottled up…it’ll only kill you from the inside out.” She softly smiled towards the latter before shoving her into the bathroom, “Change your clothes first though, I could already see you shivering, don’t need you getting sick now.”

Yongsun came out of the bathroom smiling shyly as she stuffed her hands into the pockets of the large sweatshirt.

“That looks good on you.” Byul smiled widely.

Yongsun’s face immediately rose to a bright shade of red as her eyes looked everywhere except towards Byul.

Byul rushed to her feet while flailing her arms in front of her face after realizing how that sounded, “No! That’s not what I meant! I meant…I meant ….I’m glad that they fit is what I meant!” she managed to blurt out as her own cheeks flushed bright red. Ugh…so stupid Moonbyul…aye! she mumbled to herself while hitting herself on the side of her head.

Yongsun chuckled as she went to sit on the end of Byul’s bed, “Thanks Byul…for everything I mean.” Byul slowly lowered herself back down, now sitting next to Yongsun, “

Please log in to read the full chapter