A...couple?

Love is bitter...or is it?
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Ha! Now it’s 3-1! Are you sure you want to keep challenging the great Hwalion?”

Wheein stared at the latter in pure disbelief after tossing her controller a few feet in front of her.

“First it was Mortal Combat, then 007, and now Mario Kart!? How is this even possible? Ahn Hyejin, you play these games on your own when I’m not here, don’t you!?”

The sassy lion simply shrugged her shoulders with a smirk tugging on her lips. “What can I say? When you’re good…you’re good. Now pay up my little whee-pup!”

Wheein groaned as she reluctantly handed over her last can of beer to her gloating counterpart and stood up to go and sit next to Byul on the bed.

“Okay, seriously…what is going on today? Hyejin over there has become some kind of video game master, and you’re sitting over here smiling to yourself like an idiot while looking at your phone.”

“Hm? What?” Byul snapped her head up to see Wheein sitting next to her. “Oh, hey! Are you guys done playing already?” she asked as she used her hand to cover the screen on her phone.

Wheein raised her brow as she scooted closer to Byul, “What are you trying to hide there? You’re not on any sites are you?” the young girl said as she tried to move Byul’s hand out of the way.

“Don’t be ridiculous! I’m not hiding anything, I’m just…Oh!” her phone had buzzed and she immediately moved her hand, finally giving Wheein a view of the screen.

“Ah hah! Since when did you two become so close? Or rather…when did you stop being so shy?”  She turned her head to smirk towards Hyejin. “Oh Hwalion….looks like our little Byuli here ended up solving her own problem.”

With that, Hyejin immediately shot up off of the ground and ran to sit on Byul’s other side, being quick to pinch her cheek. “My little pumpkin! I’m so proud of you!”

“Yah! Yah! Yah!” Byul yelled, finally getting free from Hyejin’s grip and rubbing her cheek. What is with you two? Seriously!” she yelled as a tint of pink overtook her cheeks. Just then an incoming text came that was visible to the two teasing girls.

Yongsun: Sure! :) <3

“Oh!?” The two girls said in unison.

Byul quickly turned her screen off and shoved her phone into her sweaters pocket.

“Inquiring minds would like to know Byul!” Hyejin exclaimed as her and Wheein were both wiggling their eyebrows towards her.

Byul sighed as she cupped her face, trying to hide the embarrassment. “Fine…”

The two girls screamed in excitement as Byul told them everything that had happened, from sharing their pasts, to Byul kissing Yongsun, and even Yongsun spending the night in her dorm.

“You two slept together!?” Wheein gasped

“Yah!” Byul yelled as she flicked Wheein’s forehead. “Sleeping was all we did! Get those dirty images out of your head!”

“Aw, I knew my little pumpkin would be a gentlewoman to the end!” Hyejin exclaimed as she got a hold of both of Byul’s cheeks and pinched them lightly.

“Wait a minute.” Wheein let out a chuckle as Byul and Hyejin both turned their eyes towards her with Hyejin still holding onto Byul’s cheeks. “So does this mean that you two are a couple now?”

Byul’s eyes fell to the floor. “I…I don’t know. I mean, I kissed her…and she kissed me…but we never really established anything.”

“What!? Give me your phone, I’ll ask her.” Hyejin said as she tried to reach for the phone out of Byul’s pocket.

Byul quickly stood up and shoved her hands in her pocket. “No! Look…I know you two are worried about me…but let me handle this in my own way hm? We’ve finally gotten closer and I…I don’t want to screw this up.”

“My little baby is growing up!” Wheein dramatically threw herself onto Hyejin and gave her a hug.

“There there,” Hyejin cooed as she patted Wheein’s head.

Byul stared at them with playful disgust, “You two are so…”

“Loveable?” They both said in unison as they put their foreheads together and looked up at her with dorky grins on their faces.  

***

Byul arrived in front of the café ten minutes before their agreed upon meeting time, yet looking through the window, she spotted Yongsun sitting in a booth while playing with her phone. Pulling out her own phone, she sent a text to the girl before walking through the doors.

Beep Beep

Byul quietly crept up towards her as she noticed the smile growing on her face while looking at her phone.

Moonbyul: Why do you look so nervous? Have a hot date? ;)

Yongsun read the text and immediately looked up to see a grinning Moonbyul swiftly slide into the booth across from her.

“Oh? What’s this?” Byul looked at the food in front of her rather shocked. She could have sworn that Yongsun hated the

Please log in to read the full chapter