Sing For Me

Love is bitter...or is it?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Stepping foot into the quiet girl’s room, Byul stared in awe. She wasn’t sure what she was expecting the room to look like, but it was just how she would have imagined it had she thought she’d ever step foot inside. There were no colors that popped out around the room; there was a lot of black, white and brown. She kept a pretty simple set up with her bed in the corner, a desk, a piano opposite of her bed and music sheets nearly everywhere.

“Wow…this is…”

“Plain and boring?”

Byul turned around to see Yongsun still standing in front of her door with her arms crossed, still holding that smile on her lips.

“No! Not at all!” Byul squeaked out. “It’s nice! Are these all yours?” She asked, referring to the multiple sheets of music taped to the walls and laid out all over her bed.

Yongsun relaxed her stance, sticking her hands into the pockets of the oversized red hoody she was wearing as she took a seat on the chair in front of her piano.

“Yeah, I’ve had a lot on my mind over the past few years, so the ideas have been coming to me rather frequently. Not that any of them  will ever pass off as being good, or being seen by anyone but myself.” She laughed as she took the clip out of her hair, putting her long brown locks over her left shoulder.

Byul stared at Yongsun for a moment before blurting out, “play something for me.”

“What?” Yongsun asked  in a pitch higher than normal.

“No…I mean…can I hear you play something? With all these songs laying around, there has to be at least one that you like, right?” Byul said giving her a toothy smile. She was honestly hoping to hear the song Yongsun was singing before she opened the door.

Yongsun sighed as her hands were fidgeting inside her pockets, “I don’t know…I  mean…I typically just write them for myself.”

“Come on, please? Just one and I promise I won’t ask you again.” Byul begged, giving her the best puppy dog eyes she could conjure up.

She sighed once more, before finally agreeing. “Fine, just one…but don’t get your hopes up!” she said as she turned around and brushed her fingers across the keyboard.

“Yes!” Byul gave a fist pump up in the air as she danced around like a kid that was given permission to eat the last cupcake.

Yongsun turned her head to look at Byul and snickered a bit before faking a cough, “I don’t have any other furniture in here, so just take a seat on the edge of the bed there.” She turned back around and bit her lower lip while tapping her foot against the floor. What are you doing Yongsun…this is not like you at all!

Byul sat down and put her hands in her lap as she waited eagerly to hear the wonderful music that would soon fill the room. She looked around once more before hearing the start of the slow melody.

“...I can finally keep my calm

To face your expressions

I can’t tell, if they’re like me

No tears, put up a show

I won’t give up, pretend it’s a secret

Please log in to read the full chapter