The Two-Faced Witch

Love is bitter...or is it?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Byul grabbed two cans of iced coffee from the mini fridge in her dorm before taking a seat next to Yongsun. She opened the can of mocha flavored coffee before handing it over, and then opened up her own can of vanilla flavored coffee. She was about to take a drink when Yongsun suddenly grabbed the can from her hands and switched it with hers.

“…but I thought you didn’t like vanilla…” Byul said slightly confused.

“People change.” Was all Yongsun said before taking a small sip from the can and smiling widely before looking back at Byul.

She shrugged her shoulders before taking a drink of the cold liquid and returning the smile.

“So…are you willing to tell me your story Kim Yongsun?” Byul asked, staring at Yongsun as she played with the tab of her coffee can.

“You really want to hear it?” she asked sounding shocked.

“Of course I do, I’m willing to hear anything you want to tell me because….I’m interested in getting to know you Yongsun.”

Yongsun stared at Byul, watching her…but her eyes never faltered. She gave a soft sigh before finally giving in. “Alright then…”

FLASHBACK

“Yongsun, wait!”

The girl turned around, anger clearly spewing from her eyes as she spoke with venom lacing in her words, “What do you want Krystal?”

From down the hallway, Krystal caught up with Yongsun who was standing in front of her locker after grabbing her books for her next class with lunch ending soon.

“You’re not going to tell Wonshik right? I mean…he doesn’t need to know with everything he’s going through and all.” Krystal spoke with a slight smirk on her face while looking into Yongsun’s eyes.

Yongsun scoffed as she slammed her locker shut. “You’ve got to be kidding me right now. Wonshik is my brother, the person I’m closest to in this world!” Her eyes were glaring daggers as she began to push the girl back, “You would be a fool to think that I wouldn’t tell him that you, his girlfriend nonetheless was in a heated make-out session with that sleazy playboy jock behind the bleachers!”

Without batting an eye, Krystal slapped her hand awa y, “You and I both know that he only has a few months left Yongsun, why waste them and make him lonely? Besides…” Krystal walked forward, backing Yongsun into the lockers as her face crept so close that she could feel her breath on her ear, “ You wouldn’t want the whole school to know you’re little secret that you’re hiding right? Or even worse, what if your parents and dear friend Chorong found out? What would they think!?” She faked a gasp while still holding onto that stupid smirk that Yongsun has come to despise so much.

Yongsun pushed her back and took a step forward, “I don’t know what stupid game you think you’re playing, but I’m not going to entertain you with it.” She began to walk off, stopping as the devilish voice called out a familiar name. “Her name is…Mina if I’m not mistaken. Yongsun turned around, her fists clenching so tight that her nails were digging into her skin.

“Bingo.” Krystal spoke with a devilish smirk tugging on her lips.

“How did you…”

“You know Yongsun….you really should learn to shut your door all the way when you’re at home…anyone could be walking down the halls and see something they’re not supposed to see…like a little make-out session that happened on your bed.”

Yongsun froze as her mind began to race. The fear of everyone finding out her relationship with Mina was daunting to say the least. She didn’t care what would happen to her, but she did care about what would happen to Mina.

“Tsk tsk tsk…Who knew that the golden girl was swinging for the other team this whole time? What would all those who took private tutoring from you think? It sure is a scary world we live in, don’t you think?”

“You wouldn’t!” Yongsun was starting to shake with anxiety; the sweat was already trickling down her forehead.

“Of course I wouldn’t…that is of course, only if you keep this little thing of me that you saw from Wonshik.” Krystal said as her smile grew wider.

***

The rest of the school week had gone by agonizingly slow. Yongsun was stressing out more than she’d care to admit with having to hide Krystal’s secret in order to keep her own at bay. When Saturday morning rolled around, Yongsun found herself pacing back and forth in front of her brothers room. Biting her nails was a bad habit she picked up when she was desperate to say something, but unsure of how to go about it.

“Are you going to come in anytime soon? Or will you just keep pacing out there?” A voice came through the other side of the door.

Yongsun slowly turned the door knob and peeked her head in as  she pushed the door forward. “How did you know I was out here?” she asked while giving her brother a goofy smile.

“Hmmm…call it brother’s intuition? Or perhaps it was that fact that I could hear you mumbling rather loudly to yourself out there.” Her brother chuckled. “So what has my little sis so worked up that she’s pacing outside my door?”

“What!? Worried? Why would you think I’m worried about something? I just wanted to see how you were doing, that’s all.” She said as she went in and sat next to him on the edge of his bed.

“Yongsun…” He grabbed her hand and ran is thumb over her knuckles. “You know you can talk to me about anything right? That’s what big brothers are for!”

“Are you happy?”

Wonshik looked at her quite comically, “Where on earth did that come from all of a sudden?”

She took a breath and smiled, “I just want to know…are you happy right now?”

“Well, with all things

Please log in to read the full chapter