People aren't all bad

Love is bitter...or is it?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yongsun wandered around aimlessly for a few hours. Before she knew it, it was already two in the afternoon when she found herself sitting on the bleachers of the universities football field. She was staring off into space, so oblivious to her surroundings that she didn’t even noticed the presence of the person sitting beside her.

“Hey” a voice spoke out, almost at a whisper.

Yongsun jumped at the feeling of something touching her arm. “B..Byul? What are you doing here?” she said as her hand went over her heart, trying to calm herself down.

“Sorry.” Byul laughed. “This is actually my favorite place to go when I need time to think, because no one ever comes here unless there’s a game going on or something. I was a little surprised to see you here actually.” She spoke softly as she clasped her hands together, staring out into the field.

“Yeah, this just happened to be where my feet led me to.” Yongsun looked at Byul, then back towards the field. “Look, I’m sorry about before. I didn’t mean to come off like that. In all honesty…this is not how I wanted to start the school year off.” She spoke rather dejectedly.

“Hey, don’t worry about it. I mean, we all have our moments after all, right? How about we start again? The name is Byul, I’m a freshman here, studying photography…it’s a pleasure to meet you.” She said with a big smile as she reached her hand out towards the latter.

She cautiously took her hand and gave it a quick shake, “Yongsun” she said barely audible.

Byul noticed the quick withdrawal and raised her eyebrows. “You’re not too keen on making friends, are you Youngsun?”

“Honestly…I was hoping to finish my time here without having the need to get involved with anyone.” She said with a straight face.

“Finish your time here? You make it sound like this is some criminal institution you were forced into.” She laughed. “That sounds kind of…lonely” Byul said looking up into the sky.

“It might be lonely, but it’s better than getting your hopes up on people who do nothing but disappoint you in the end.” Yongsun said, sounding almost bitter.

Byul bit the inside of her cheek before letting out the small breath she didn’t realize she was holding. “Well then,” she said before clapping her hands together. “I Moonbyul, shall show you that not everyone in the world is as horrible as you seem to think they are!” she exclaimed before standing up rather abruptly and excitedly.

“What are you going on ab…” Yongsun began before she felt herself being dragged away. “Yah! Where are you taking me!?” she yelled as she tried to break free from Byul’s grip.

Please log in to read the full chapter