Person from the Past

Love is bitter...or is it?
Please log in to read the full chapter

“No no no no no!” Byul whined out in frustration while looking at the rain pouring down outside.

“What’s wrong with you? I thought you loved the rainy weather because it gives you reason to lounge around in those oversized sweaters of yours.” Hyejin asked before going back to reading her random romance manga of the day on her bed.

“I do! But I like to be inside doing the lounging. Why of all days does it have to rain today? It could have rained yesterday…but noooo!” Byul whined once more.

“What’s the big deal about today that has you so wound up?” Wheein asked with her brow raised.

“My imagery class assignment for today is nature. Naturally I love being outside as you know…but its pouring cats and dogs out there! I think our teacher hates us.” She said rather dramatically.

“Um, Byul…I hate to be part of the ‘I told you so’ crew…but you do know that we had all weekend to do that assignment. In case you forgot, we share that class. You’re probably the only dumb dumb that saved the nature shots for the last day.” Wheein said matter of factly as she sat on the bed next to Hyejin, swiping her bag of chips. 

“Don’t remind me! I couldn’t help it that I was excited to do the other shots first! I mean…come on…who passes up a chance to take pictures of puppies first!? Then the aquarium…then all of the cool street graffiti…how was I supposed to know this was going to happen!?” Byul cried out.

“Well…as the saying goes, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger!” Wheein chuckled to herself as she tossed Byul and umbrella and winked, “Remember to stay dry! I don’t think I could handle a sick baby who has terrible temper tantrums right now.” She laughed.

Byul pouted as she got up and walked to the door. With her hand on the door knob, she looked back at Wheein who was still munching on the chips and muttered, “Keep eating like that and you’re going to get fat!” before opening the door and running like hell. The last thing she heard was a loud  “YAH!”…braving the rain would definitely be a safer choice right about now.

The clock struck 10:30 which meant the ending to Yongsun’s Music in History class. She wasn’t a person that dreaded going to classes, but like Byul, she also enjoyed staying in during the stormy weather days. As she exited the music department, she began to make her way towards the library across the courtyard.

“Huh? Is that….it is! Yongsun!” Byul yelled out cheerfully as she jumped up from taking a few photos of some rain drops falling from the flowers that were lined along the walk-way in the courtyard.  She yelled again, but of course Yonsung couldn’t hear her due to the wind that was accompanying the rain

Please log in to read the full chapter