Starting new

Love is bitter...or is it?
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Are you sure you’re going to be okay here by yourself? You know, your father and I wouldn’t mind finding a place up here.”

“Mom, please! I’ll be fine…I’m living on campus so you don’t have to worry so much alright?” Yongsun said holding onto her mother’s hand as she forced out a smile.

“Yes, I know…but hon…”

“Come now dear, our little girl isn’t so little anymore. We have to let her fly on her own at some point hm?” Mr. Kim chuckled as he rubbed his wife’s shoulders.

Mrs. Kim sighed as she knew this would be a losing battle from the start, “I know, I just didn’t think my baby would grow up and leave the nest so fast!”

“Don’t be like that mom! You know that you can call and visit whenever you’d like. I mean…it’s not like I left the country. On second thought, maybe I could still apply to…”

“Don’t you dare!” Mrs. Kim’s eyes widened at the absurd words coming through her daughter’s mouth.

“I’m kidding mom!” Youngsun laughed as she pulled her mom into a tight embrace. “My home will always be close to you.”

“Okay dear.” Mr. Kim began as he walked over to the two, putting his arm around his wife and kissing the top of Yongsun’s head. “Let’s take our leave and let Yongsun get settled in, I’m sure she has plenty to do before school starts.”

Although she was reluctant to let go, Mrs. Kim gave one final squeeze before letting go. “Alright honey, don’t forget that we’re just a phone call away if you need us!”

Please log in to read the full chapter