Chap. 17

Opposite

Seungwan is so busy with the upcoming championship and midterms. He is juggling with both practice and studying, he thank his noona for letting him be excused on working at the shop to focus on studies and the game. He is also trying to make up some time with the raven girl, who is now his girlfriend. The blonde is currently studying for the midterms when his phone distracted him. 

 

From: Hyun

Wan-ah are you busy? °3°

 

Seeing who the sender is, tiredness seem to fade from his body and he felt energized.

 

To: Hyun

A little busy, why? Aren't you studying?

 

From: Hyun

Oh I shouldn't bother you then

I'll sleep now

 

Seungwan could only chuckle at his girlfriends attitude. He knows she wants something and he misses her to so why not take a break from studying and give attention to the clingy bunny. Pressing the girls number he places his phone on his ear and waited.

 

"I thought you are busy"

 

"My girl called, might as well take some time off from acads and have a chat with my girlfriend"

 

"I miss you Wan-ah" the blonde could only smile stupidly hearing her whiney voice. 

 

"I miss you too darling, have you been studying well?" 

 

"How could I? When I can only think about how you doing?" 

 

"Aww love that's sweet... I'm sorry I couldn't get to see you, coach is keeping us from going outside the gym" 

 

"I wanna see you so badly" 

 

"I know, me too... I promise once this is all over I'll go spend a lot of time with you" 

 

"That's sounds like a plan... I love you

 

"I love you too darling, you should sleep now... It's getting late" 

 

"Ok, you should too... I love you" 

 

"I love you too babe" 

 

"Bye~" 

 

"Bye love" 

 

Joohyun on the hand couldn't get enough of those pet names Seungwan is giving her. It gives her this giddy feeling inside and she likes it a lot, it just shows how much precious she is to Seungwan. Those pet names are just proof that Son Seungwan loves her to the moon and back. 

-------

 

Arriving at school Seungwan was surprised to see the raven girl outside the schools gate and was looking around like she's waiting for someone to arriving. When their eyes made contact, Seungwan forgot to breath suddenly when Joohyun flashed him a smile that will always take his breath away.

 

"Hi"

 

"That's all you could mutter, a 'hi'?"

 

"I missed you darling"

 

"You and your words that's not how you should gree-"

 

Seungwan shut her up by kissing her on the lips which she gladly responded back by pulling his head closer to deepen their kiss. The two heard some whistles and cheers and they broke the kiss to see their friends doing the said actions. Seungwan shooed them away and motion to catch with them later, the two thanked the heavens that their friends leave them alone.

 

"Is that the proper way to greet you now?"

 

"The better actually"

 

"I'll gladly do it every time we meet love"

 

"Shall I continue?"

 

Joohyun smile and pulled him for a kiss again this time without their friends disturbing them.

 

-------

 

"Alright boys keep it movin'! I said move faster Park! Ok that's enough drills for the day... Team up and show me some nice play, watch out for errors like I always tell you. The loser will clean the whole gym and the locker rooms, got it?"

 

"What about the winner?"

 

"Ahh thank you for asking Mr. Kim, the winners will give me a duck walk all over the gym until the losers finished cleaning. Now go play!"

 

The boys all groaned when they heard the coach but still formed teams and started playing. Everything seems to be fine until Ryohei one of the attackers shows a very powerful smash snd Seungwan tried to received it and instead hitting his arms it went straight to his left eye miscalculating his moves. The whole team gathered around him, every thing seems to be in a slow motion as the blonde tried to process what is happening. His surroundings is spinning, he saw his coach kneeled beside him and was saying something but he couldn't hear anything the last thing he saw was black.

 

The blone woke up with a massive headache on the left side of his head, he clutched his head and felt something coverinf his left eye. He tried to sit up because of the ache he is feeling. Then a nurse came and helped him sit up. 

 

"The headache is normal since you got hit strongly on the eye.. It will go away soon with pain killers" 

 

"Will I still be able to play?" 

 

"Its your coach choice and I suggest you consult a doctor Mr. Son" 

 

"Seungwan!!" the door of the clinic bursts opened and entered Joohyun who cupped his face inspecting it, she was about to pull the eyepatch away when Seungwan stopped her. 

 

"Are you ok?" 

 

"Just a little headache but I can manage" 

 

"Your eye, does it hurt?" 

 

"It stings... But my headache is the one will kill me" 

 

"Nope I'm the one who is going to kill you of you won't tell me who did this" 

 

"Nahh it's just an accident, nothing to worry about" 

 

"What do you mean nothing to worry about?! Look at you! Look at you-hmp" 

 

"I think you just needed a kiss huh" the raven girl blushes and slapped him on the chest but their flirting where cut short when they heard someone, Joohyun turned around to see coach Choi. The raven girl excused herself and leave the room. 

 

"How are you feeling son?" 

 

"Just a headache sir, nothing to worry about... I can still play" 

 

"I'm afraid with your condition I won't let you participate" 

 

"But coach -" 

 

"I'm sorry Seungwan, I know this means a lot to you but I couldn't risk getting my player hurt more... With or without doctors consent I won't let you play... Use this to focus on studies" 

 

"Please coach" 

 

"I'm sorry kid, I don't want seeing you coming to the gym that's an order" 

 

Seungwan couldn't complain anymore as coach Choi leaves the room. The blonde could only sigh his mind is in deep thoughts that he didn't noticed the raven girl is back beside him. 

 

"Wan?" 

 

"He said I couldn't play, with or without the doctors consent" 

 

"Maybe coach wants you to take a rest" 

 

"I wanna go home, Ms. Im can Ieave now?" 

 

"If you're not feeling any headache you can go now Mr. Son, I'll call your guardian" 

 

"No need, I can take him home" 

 

"But Ms. Bae you still have classes" 

 

"Please Ms. Im, I promise to do something in return next time" 

 

"Tsk alright, alright be thankful my daughter is named after you" 

 

-------

The ride to Seungwan's home is quiet, Joohyun is worried she couldn't read what the blonde is thinking she isn't used to this. She wants to know what he is thinking. 

 

"Wan-ah are you ok?" 

 

"I'm fine Hyunnie, my head is just throbbing again" 

 

"Should we go see the doctor and have your eye checked?" 

 

"Nope that won't be necessary... I just want to sleep" 

 

"Do you want me to tell Taeyeon noona?" 

 

"No, I'll tell her by myself" 

 

Once they've arrived Seungwan immediately got out of the car once it was stopped. Joohyun hates this kind of situation, she follows him out of the car and inside the building. There he is waiting for her in front of the elevator, she quickly went to his side and both entered the lift. It was still quiet until they reached evey floor and it's getting on her nerves. Joohyun wants to say something but she couldn't mutter a single word, she wanted to do something to make him snap out of it and she feels like she's running out of time when they're nearing to his apartment. She saw him inserting the key to the knob and before he could fully enter the apartment, she grab his wrist and kissed him while pushing him inside the apartment. She used her foot to close the door and kissed him again not giving him a chance to talk. When she felt him kissing back and moaned when she insert her tongue, she pulled out both of them panting. 

 

"Wow" 

 

"Are you back to earth now?" 

 

"I could use that all the time" 

 

"You've been quiet and it's getting on my nerves so... I had to do something, right?" 

 

"I'm sorry baby... I just... I don't know I suddenly felt sad when I couldn't participate in the game" 

 

"It will be fine.. There's still a next season and I'm sure you'll be able to participate" 

 

"What if we didn't get in next season?" 

 

"Am I talking to Seungwan now? Because the Seungwan I know doesn't have any negativity inside him... Wan-ah, I know how important the game is but it's not the end, you'll have a lot of chances in the future... I'm so disappointed in you, you're dragging yourself down because of this injury of yours"

 

"I-I'm sorry Hyun... I just... I don't know I'm sorry" Joohyun was surprised when he hugged her and felt tears on her neck. Seungwan is crying. The raven didn't expected this to happen she doesn't want him to cry. 

 

"Shh it's alright... Stop crying babe, I'm always here for you" 

 

"Thank you for being here Hyun, I'll probably still feel sad right now... Thanks darling" 

 

A kiss on the forehead made Joohyun smile and hugged the blonde. She then wrapped her legs around his waist and made him carry her to the couch and cuddle. Forgetting what had happened at school and just drowned on their own little world. 

-------

Everything seems to be fine for the two. Seungwan still couldn't participate in the game so he just focused himself on studies and work. From time to time he's sneaks in inside the gym with the help of Chanyeol and play with him and it's also the reason why her girlfriend is currently ignoring her and the reason why he is standing in front of Joohyun's classroom holding a purple lavender. The bell rings and the students inside the classroom are looking at him while snickering making him embarrassed but didn't leave and waited for a certain raven girl. There the girl he's been waiting with her friends who looked at him with a smile and a teasing one to Joohyun.

 

"Hyun?"

 

"What, please hurry... We have a quiz on the next class I still need to review"

 

"Please don't ignore me... I'm sorry, I know I disobey but I promise I won't go near the gym anymore and... Please take this?" but the raven girl just looked at the flowers and lavender costs much money

 

"What can I do for you to forgive me?" everyone is looking at them now, waiting for some action or the next move of the raven girl. They couldn't talk properly if there's too much people and she hates crowds.

 

"Let's talk later after class"

-------

While waiting for Joohyun, Seungwan saw his team mates heading to the gym. He wants to join but his injured eye isn't healed yet and the doctor did ask him to rest. He didn't notice Joohyun's appearance until she spoke.

 

"You can go join them if you want"

 

"Hyun, no I was just looking"

 

"Seungwan I know it's hard and volleyball is your life but do you want to get injured more?"

 

"No, please let's talk"

 

"We are talking now"

 

"Hyun I'm really sorry.... I didn't mean to disobey you... I just miss playing, I promise it will be the last time.. I'll focus om getting better and studies to"

 

"And also me?"

 

"Yes, yes and also you my love... I love you darling"

 

"I love you too" the two then shared a quick peck before leaving the school. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for the late update.... Anyways thanks for the 130+ subscribers!!! Thanks for the patience hehe and the support :) 

I guess this won't be the last chap hahaha I miscalculated something maybe two more and that's it ^^

 

Soo see ya!