Chap. 15

Opposite

The raven girl is bored and when she's bored it's not a good sign. She'll either throw tantrums or bully students, but here she is inside the library watching a certain blonde in front of her reading and scribbling something God knows what in his notebook. She was planning to go home after class but Seungwan caught her attention and he was talking to a girl, a batch mate to be exact asking him for help in her studies. Of course being the kind and friendly guy he is, Seungwan agreed and before the girl could even launch herself to the blonde Joohyun appeared suddenly surprising the two and asked if she could join. Seungwan was reluctant also the girl and if wasn't for Joohyun's glare the girl will not agree. And now the two of them are currently waiting for that girl to arrive.

 

"You didn't really have to join, ya'know"

 

"Pchh I know, I may cut class but I'm smart"

 

"Cocky, what I mean is you might get bored and it may take longer"

 

"I don't mind waiting for you to finish, I'll keep an eye on that girl if she does something funny to you instead of learning something from you"

 

"You sound like a jealous girlfriend"

 

"I'm just protecting you jeez"

 

"And that's why I'll end up single"

 

"Nope, you promised you'll end up with me"

 

"Touché"

 

Seungwan's phone rang cutting their conversation, Joohyun lookes at him in confusion asking who the caller is. The blonde shrugged his shoulder as he answered the phone 

 

"Hello? Oh hi!... Yes, I'm currently at the library waiting for you... Irene? Yes, she's here hope you won't mi-... What? You're not coming? Ahh I see, then if it's important I understand.. No, no it's ok, I can tutor you some other time then.. Yes, it's fine really.. Sure see you next time"

 

"She's not coming" 

 

"What?! We waited for two hours for nothing? Oh that girl is gonna get it from me! Nobody wastes my time!" 

 

"Now, now Hyunzilla... First of all it was you who wanted to join... I think she didn't come because of you, you scared her Hyunie" 

 

"Tch, her real intentions just got interrupted when I decided to join... Tell her I'll leave she'll prolly run here and do something nasty to you" 

 

"Whatever you say Hyun.. Come, I'll take you home" 

------

"Are home alone?" 

 

"Oh yeah, daddy's out of town.. Got some business to attend to" 

 

"Should I make dinner?" 

 

"I don't want you to go home late Wan" 

 

"It's fine, I'm used to walk home at night" 

 

"Still no... How about you sleep over?" 

 

"Ok I'll tell Taeng noona.. So what do you want for dinner?" 

 

"Surprise me Wan-ah" Joohyun shot him a wink before running upstairs to her room. The blonde starts to rummage the fridge as he calls for his noona. 

 

"When did aunt went back to Canada?" 

 

"A few days ago, why?" 

 

"That's seems fast... I mean you just mentioned you'll accompany her in the market and now she's back... I didn't even got the chance to see her" 

 

"She's also disappointed, but it seems she and dad are busy.. That's why she came here alone... I don't even know what they're up to" 

 

"Maybe they're just busy with work and doesn't want you to worry and they want you to focus on studies" 

 

The blonde could only hum in reply as he is busy keeping an eye on the food he's making. Joohyun is busy staring at the back figure of her friend, Seungwan is small but he's really a muscular guy the product of being a good volleyball player. Biting her lip as her eyes travel down from his blonde locks to his broad shoulders and down to his plump that Joohyun is aching to slap. His is what she likes about his body, oh how cute and how full her hands must have been when she's given a chance to grab and feel those cheeks. Smirking she walked slowly behind the blonde and smack him hard on his and squeeze it tight surprising the blonde then she gave him a back hug preventing him to see her face as she rest her head on his back. 

 

"That hurts Joohyun!!" 

 

"I'm sorry, I just couldn't stop myself... It feels like your is calling for a smack" 

 

"You are such a ert, be thankful you're a girl" 

 

"Why, what are you going to do about it?" 

 

"If you're a guy I'll prolly smack you really hard but since you're a girl I'll just let you be" 

 

"Won't you punish me?" hot breath tickle Seungwan's ear, earning a groan from him which made the rave girl smile in victory. 

 

"You're also a tease Hyun" 

 

"But you love me right?" Seungwan didn't expect Joohyun's actions as she bit his ear, his face got red when he felt her hands running on his stomach. Couldn't control his self anymore, he broke free from the hug lifts the raven girl on her hips and place her on the counter. 

 

Joohyun also didn't expect the sudden action. It excites her, especially when Seungwan is looking at her with his intense gaze. It excites her more when he was leaning closer as he stare at her lips. Gulping the invisible lump in as she felt his warm breath tickling her lips but her excitement came tumbling down when she heard his words 

 

"Please don't, don't play with my feelings.... I don't want to be your toy" 

 

"W-what are you talking about?" 

 

"Aren't you?" 

 

"No, no! Why would I play with you Wan-ah? I'll do that to other guys but not you.. You're so special to me and... I'll never hurt you Wan, believe me" 

 

"Promise?" 

 

"I promise" 

 

"Good cause if you do... I'll never ever talk to you"

-------

 

That night Joohyun couldn't get any sleep, she feels restless especially when the scene at the kitchen keeps coming back to her like a broken record. She's so close into kissing her best friend and it made her heart beat so fast in a good way. Seungwan is really handsome up close, she couldn't deny that fact and he's so hot when he's gaze are serious. Maybe she is falling for him little by little but she doesn't know whether the blonde likes her or not. The thought of him not liking her back makes her sad, well she couldn't stop him from liking some other girl. 

 

"Oh God I just wanted to kiss him" 

 

The raven girl groaned ruffling her hair in annoyance, saying all the curse words she knows when she didn't get the chance to kiss him. It was so close just a breath away. On the other room, where Seungwan is currently at has the same situation as Joohyun, he could not sleep because of the incident at the kitchen. He doesn't know what's got into him when he lift the girl up and almost kiss her, he could've ruined their friendshid but Joohyun seemed to be expecting something when he leans closer to her. 

 

"Is she waiting for me to k-kiss her?" 

 

Just by thinking about it made him blush so hard that he almost squeal like a girl. At the same time he is really scared, Joohyun just had a break up with her ex boyfriend, he's scared that Joohyun is just using him but then she said she won't play with his feelings, could it be that he has a chance? 

-------

 

Everyone in hallway is looking at Joohyun who is leaning on Seungwan's classrooms door not waiting for the blonde but his friends, Seulgi and Joy. She's hoping that the taller girl isn't mad at her anymore, cause she really need their help this time. Spotting the two, she flash them a smile when they saw her. 

 

"Irene what a pleasant surprise! Are you looking for Seungwan?" 

 

"Yes, I know I wasn't actually looking for him.... I'm waiting for the two of you, so if you're not busy... Can I talk to you privately?" 

 

Joy and Seulgi looked at each other in confusion but nonetheless agreed and followed the older girl. 

 

"What exactly are we doing here?" the taller girl crosses her arms as she ask the older girl rudely ignoring the nudge Seulgi gave her. 

 

"I know you're still mad at me for what I did to Seungwan before but I corrected my mistakes already... I'm here to ask for your help again" 

 

"Did you hurt Seungwan again?" 

 

"Joy please be quiet, let Irene finish" Joohyun flash the monolid girl a kind smile before continuing what she's going to say

 

"I just wanted to know if Seungwan told you if he has a crush or taking a liking on someone?"

 

"As far as we know Seungwan hasn't like someone yet  why?" 

 

"That's great! Thanks for the help.. I'll see you girls some other time, bye!"

 

"Is it just me or she's being weird"

 

"Maybe she's jus protective of our Seungwan"

 

 "Protective my .. Why did you lie to her hmm? We all know that hamster is head over heels for that girl"

 

"You think Seungwan will be happy if we told Joohyun?"

 

That silence Joy, they did promise to keep that a secret and they swore they will never spread a word until Seungwan decides to confess they will still keep it a secret

-------

 

"You seem happy.. What's the occasion? Got a new boyfriend?"

 

"You make it sound like, I'm only happy when I have a boyfriend"

 

"Well why are you happy?"

 

"Just because you're here with me"

 

"Awww never thought I'd hear something sweet from you" 

 

"Be thankful, seriously I'm just happy to spend time with you"

 

"That goes the same for me"

 

"Wan-ah, I have a question"

 

"Please not some kind of weird questions"

 

"Nope...i just wanted to know... Why did you say those words yesterday"

Seungwan sigh, he doesn't want to talk about what happened yesterday especially not with Joohyun. The scene makes him shy and it makes his heart beats so fast that it will explode.

 

"Let's not talk about that"

 

"Please?"

 

"Hyun to be honest... I'm really scared that you're going to use me as a rebound... I don't want to ruin our friendship because of that.... I don't want to lose you"

 

"But I also made it clear that I would not do that to you Wan-ah.. Don't you believe me?"

 

"Hyun... I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.. The truth is I-"

 

Seungwan couldn't finish his sentence when something unforseen happened.