Star of the night

Our dawn is hotter than day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Johnny grew up in America. Born in Seoul but raised in Chicago, imposing height yet has a personality of a cotton candy, had returned to Korea for a degree in Finance. He’s pretty popular in among the students in Hanyang.

There’s always a party at Johnny’s. You want to socialize? Go to Johnny’s. You want to dance but don’t have money to go to a club? Go to Johnny’s. You want to get deadass drunk? Go to Johnny’s. You want to find your next boyfriend? Go to Johnny’s. His parties are exceptionally well-known, notorious even, that whenever Johnny would throw one, students from all faculties would come and party. And that’s where Seungcheol found himself on a Saturday night, just after finals, with his friends and classmates alike.

Flocks of people were at the dance floor; ing and grinding and frolicking all around. Red cups filled to the brim with God-knows whatever concoction Taeil had come up with were being passed around. The green mix looked suspiciously close to slime but the taste was close to any cocktails a topnotch bar would have served. Taeil, a second year Chemistry major, has a mad scientist streak and these parties were an outlet for him to mix up alcohol and some other questionable stuff into drinks no one would have ever tried if not for his seemingly innocent appearance. His mixes were infamous amongst the party crowd.  They were honestly ingenious; Seungcheol still has his hesitations though.

He and Wonwoo braved the mass of people in the supposedly small apartment and sought out their group of friends. Wonwoo caught sight of Jeonghan and Dongyoung by the kitchen; he grabbed Seungcheol’s arm and pulled him to the others.

“You’re here!” Jeonghan, a Nursing major, said in a way of greeting when he spotted the two. Dongyoung turned to them and smiled, automatically passing a bottle of beer each. Wonwoo grabbed his and slowly drank, his eyes sweeping around the familiar and unfamiliar faces. Seungcheol simply took his, not really wanting to drink just yet. “Where’s Taeyong?” he asked, looking for his friend. Dongyoung made a face. “Where he always is,” the Engineering major said, nodding to the dance floor. He searched the area for his friend and saw a familiar mop of black hair dancing with an unfamiliar silver haired. He could make out Taeyong’s features easily whilst the stranger he was dancing with had his back on him. Seungcheol merely shrugged and finally drank his beer.

Lee Taeyong was a Dance major whose part of the ‘in-crowd’ in their university; he’s practically royalty since everyone knew who he was and people usually fall at their knees when he dances. He’s also a soft boy whose scared of the dark which seriously contradicts his tough boy persona. Seungcheol’s honestly amused at people’s perception about him. His friend may be a fierce and powerful dancer on-stage, but in real life, Taeyong’s just a fluffy puppy who loves cuddling. He’s also Dongyoung’s long-term boyfriend. They’d dated since high school and had entered Hanyang together. The news of his relationship to the student body didn’t deter his popularity though. It only increased the number of his fans since he’s ‘out of their reach.’ They would always have a good time teasing the Dance major about it.

“Coups!” a booming voice said from behind him. Seungcheol turned around and saw the large built of Johnny making his way towards them. They bumped fists and did a half hug. “Hey Johns!” he greeted his friend. The other greeted the Johnny too.

“Have you tried Taeil hyung’s new concoction?” the giant enthusiastically asked them. Seungcheol glanced at Wonwoo, Dongyoung, and Jeonghan; they were all sporting hesitant expressions on their faces. His expression turned grim. He just knew Johhny would definitely drag them to taste this new drink. “What’s it made of this time?” Wonwoo bravely asked whilst drinking from his beer. Johnny shrugged, lips pursing in thought. “No idea at all,” he then answered. A cheeky smile stretched across his face, eyes twinkling. “But the taste’s mind-blowing!” he added, mischief clear in his stare.

They all looked at each other, assessing whether or not they should try this new concoction or not. Jeonghan seemed curious. Dongyoung was apprehensive but looked to be leaning on agreeing. Wonwoo just shrugged silently. Seungcheol internally sighed. Somehow his friends wanted him to decide for them.

He stared at Johnny, making a face. The giant raised a brow challengingly. Seungcheol huffed and rolled his eyes. “If we puke our guts out, you’d be the one cleaning your floors anyway,” he answered, agreeing to the silent challenge. Johnny laughed, slinging his arm over Seungcheol’s shoulder. He dragged him towards the kitchen where Taeil had set up his alcohol lab, the others following behind them.

“Tonight’s drink, my man!” Johnny told the elder. Taeil nodded his head, a wicked smile appearing on his face. He quickly made the drink; mixing some beer and tequila and some liquor Seungcheol had no strength to learn about, then adding lime juice and honey, and chili too surprisingly, into the cocktail. In a flash, a cold black drink was sitting in front of Seungcheol. He stared at the mix suspiciously. He looked at Taeil, gaze questioning and doubtful. “I call it Black Hole,” the other stated proudly. “You’d fee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter