THIRTEEN

ONLY YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                       

 

Yoon Woo and I sit down at the one corner where it’s far from passer-by. Yoon Woo hold my hand while looking at me. There is so many questions I need to ask him but I don’t know where to start.

“Oppa..... I have so many questions that I want to ask but I don’t know where to start....” I voice out what in my mind.

“Slowly...take your time. I do have many questions that I want to ask.” He said.

“Hwang Wonsuk.... Who is he? Is it true he is your twin?” I asked what come in my mind first.

“Yes, that’s true but I thought he died already.”

“What you mean?”

“My parent said he died shortly after he born. The hospital staffs do the funeral for them because my father was outstation that time. That’s why we never looking for him. Suddenly he shows up like this, my parent surprise too.”

“Uncle and Aunty are alright?”

“Yes. They live at country side now since my father retired 2 years ago. Why Wonsuk want to kill you?”

“I don’t know about this too. He said I kill you and my father kills your parent. I really thought you’re dead..... You don’t know how scared I am.”

“What are ridiculous, why would you do such thing to me and your father...... That’s crazy.”

“My father.....” I stopped talk when I felt a large lump in my throat. I wiped my tears at the same time. I’m relieved. I’m glad my father is not what Wonsuk said.

“Shhhh..... Everything will be fine.....” Yoon Woo said and hugs me tight once again. He don’t know, no one knows how hurt it is to resent your own father. I think this is how Junyoung felt about Chairman Lee.

After talking with Yoon Woo for a while, I send him off then looking for Junyoung. I’m worry about him. When I found him, he was sitting at the bench while looking absently at the wall. I’m sympathy of him but I don’t want to show it. He might feel worst. I should give him some encouragement and cheer him up. This fight is not mine alone but his too.

“What are you doing?” I asked. Junyoung look at me and gave me a little smile. His fake smile is breaking my heart.

“Do you want some?” He asked if I want some coffee from vending machine.

“Sure.” He stands up and digs some coins from his jeans pocket. I take a seat on the bench and wait for my coffee.

“Here.....” he said and I take it from his hand.

“Thanks.” I said and take a sip of the coffee. It’s bittersweet but it taste perfectly.

“Jun-ah.....” I called his name softly.

“What?”

“No matter what happen, I will stay by your side. Maybe I’m not strong enough to fight for you but I wish to protect you too. Just like how I want to protect Taemin. Both of you is precious to me.” I said and look down. I don’t want to look at him in the eyes. I don’t him to see my sympathy but I want him to stay strong.

“Thanks, Ji A-ah..... How would you protect me?” He pulls my legs. So I look at him. He smiles.

“I don’t know how but I will show it to you someday.” Junyoung laugh when he heard my answer. I don’t know what is funny to him but eventually, me too laughing with him. In the end, I felt embarrass with what I’ve said.

Now, I feel less threaten after Junyoung caught Wonsuk. I can go anywhere I want without worry someone might come to kill me anytime. After talking with Yoon Woo and Junyoung, I drive to Taemin’s studio. I want to see him even if it just for 5 minute.

When I come, as usual I will park my car behind the building. That is the closest car park to Taemin’s studio. It just slightly after 7PM but the alley behind here is deserted and quiet. I keep on walking and climb the back stair case. I open the door and look inside, there is no one. Why today seem so quiet? Where everyone going?

From the back door, Taemin’s studio is on the 2nd room. When I walk pass the first door, I hear someone talking. I stopped walking not because I want to hear any secret story but they talks about Taemin.

“When should I release this story to the media?” The first person asked.

“Tonight. By tomorrow I want everyone know about it.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. This is all for him. Before the fans start to feel insecure, I think it’s good for us to admit it and announce it to the media.”

“Taemin and Jang Eun Bin officially are couple.....?”

“Yes and the company admit about their relationship.....” They said. I lean on the wall because I feel so disappointed and sad. So what I have been guessing is right. I don’t like I’m right. I want it to be wrong but I think I’m too late. I should tell Taemin.

I saw Taemin and that girl come out from the studio. I don’t know why but I feel hurt. My eyes stings with tears.

“Ji A-ah, what are you doing there?” Taemin asked and his smile just like always but today his sweet smile make me feel pain. I try to smile like always but I could feel my face being stiff.

“Why you didn’t tell me that you’re coming?” He asked again as he walk closer to me. Suddenly the 2 men come out from the room and saw Taemin, Eun Bin and me. They greet us awkwardly and leave.

“Ohh..... Tae..Taemin-ah.... I suddenly remember that I have something important that I need to do, by the way I’m happy for you.” I said. I wish Taemin don’t see my fake expression and my bad acting.

“Ji A-ah...!” He called.

“I will buy meal for both of you next time. I’m sorry but I need to go. I’ll talk with you later.” I said and run off from the building. Running to my car make me breathless. Right after I close the car door, my tears burst out like a rain fall. I saw Taemin run out from the building and looking for me. I wiped my tears and start the engine fast. I don’t want Taemin to see me like this.

Even though I feel hurt and sad now our friendship must stay the same. If I couldn’t keep my feeling in check, I might lose Taemin as a friend too. I don’t want that to happen. I must draw the line and handle my feeling alone. Taemin should not know about this.

As I drove past Taemin, he looks at me like he has something that he needs to talk about. I will listen to your love story when I’m ready but not now. I’m sorry, Taemin. I should be the first one to wish you all the best and your happiness. I know even without me you will be happy with your love one.

Arrive at home I saw Taehyung and Ms. Kang were having chicken and beer. Such are good timing. Naturally I sit down and join them. Ms. Kang goes home after drink a few can of beers but Taehyung and me continue our drink from beer to Soju. Tonight the drink taste so bitterly sweet and so addictive. After our 4th bottles, I don’t even know what happen next.

I smell something delicious and hear someone is chopping something. I open my heavy eyelid and feel the pang of hangover. My head felt heavily dizzy, my throat dry and my tummy feel like someone twisting it. Slowly I sit down while holding my head. I’m slept on the sofa and Taehyung slept on the floor. W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter