Ch 20-Epilogue

The King Of My Heart

Just as the sun will give up its light for the moon to shine, the moon would happily rest to let the sun rise. In all its glory, it is beautiful, it is full of hope. It took several years, but the kingdom recovered. They drew on Eunhyuk’s strength and love for the people, working towards a better future.

 

Donghae becomes king, and he rules with a just and kind heart. Heechul and Leeteuk become his main advisers. Sungmin, Shindong, Kyuhyun, and the others continued to perform in the streets to spread joy. His other cousins were appointed into court, and he gave everyone who ever supported Eunhyuk in his journey positions in his court so they can help the people in various things.

 

He ends up marrying the girl he was commanded to, and though he might not love her like he loved Eunhyuk, he still had a lot of respect for her. Yoona became his rock and his sole supporter. She was a steady partner, and he finds that he is very grateful that she is by his side.

 

Today is a special day. It is a day where all people come out to celebrate Eunhyuk, their light, their voice; Donghae’s lover.

 

He lets the people inside the palace’s front. It is large anyways, and it is too lonely without anyone in it.

 

He hears his laugh among these people. He hears his mischievous taunts, his dirty catchphrases.

 

Sometimes he sees him in the crowd. He lingers kindly, then he is gone when Donghae would accidentally call out his name. Hyukjae is a ghost, but Donghae knows he means no harm. He is with the people, just as he had always promised.

“Father!”

 

Donghae turns and sees his little daughter running to him. He smiles and he squats to receive her in his arms. Behind her, Yoona walks with her hand on her huge stomach.

 

His little girl giggles in his arms. 

 

“Eunhae, what’s so funny?”

 

The people in the background chatted happily.

 

“Nothing, I’m just very happy,” Eunhae singsongs. “It’s nice out here.” She shakes out of Donghae’s grasp, and screams in delight.

 

Donghae chuckles and catches Yoona’s eye.

 

“She’s been excited to see the fireworks,” she said.

Donghae shoots her a concerned look. “Are your feet okay? It’s particularly hot today.”

Yoona laughs. “I’m all right, Donghae. Like Eunhae said, it’s nice out here.”

 

Donghae smiles, and looks at the sky. “It is.” He agrees.



The End