Ch 10

The King Of My Heart

Donghae shakes his head. Eunhyuk is crazy for even contemplating jumping. He’s not going to make it. Eunhyuk throws the load at him, but Donghae doesn’t even bother catching it. He watches as Eunhyuk backs up on the roof to gives himself some room to speed up. Then he leaps of with a grace of a butterfly. Donghae doesn’t even bother breathing.

 

He realizes that Eunhyuk won’t be able to make it. Then as if Lady Luck is smiling upon this thief, Eunhyuk lands on the top of the wall, and he catches his balance. He shoots Donghae a wide grin, and jumped off, with arrows shooting at him.

 

“Hyuk!” Donghae shouts. He rushes over, and Eunhyuk falls into his arms, and stumbles forward.

“Let’s go!” Eunhyuk grabs ahold of Donghae’s hand and leads him to the dark road. Behind them, bells are ringing and shouts of alert are getting louder.

 

~

 

They don’t head to the base immediately. They cut through the forest, heading towards the nearest stream. There were rocks jutting out nearby, and they jump into the water to make their way. Donghae tightens his hand around Eunhyuk and drags him forward. They reach a big rock and went around it.

 

Eunhyuk catches his breath, and cupped his hands to scoop water up. He finds Donghae’s intense stare when he lifted his hands to his face.

 

“No offense, but the last time someone looked at me like that...well, I got a lot more than wet,” Eunhyuk jokes.

“In your dreams,” Donghae snaps. He kicks Eunhyuk on the legs, and he falls to the water.

Eunhyuk laughs. “All right, prince. Just know you’d be dying to kiss me someday.”

“Never.” Donghae asserts. However, he really does want to kiss Eunhyuk, but he’s mad. He’s mad at Eunhyuk for risking his life like that.

“C’mon, I’m irresistible. I’m adorable.” Eunhyuk winks and splashes water at Donghae.

Donghae rolls his eyes and splashed a bigger wave of water towards him. “You can list all the ables in this world, but I still won’t kiss you.”

“Don’t say I never gave you the chance.” Eunhyuk chuckles. “Are you sure though? I can use a kiss.”

“Are you like this to every person you meet?” Donghae almost yells. He is unbelievable.

 

“If I was, the king would be in the palm of my hand.”

“How could the king fit on your palm? Huh? It’s so small! And-and the king is so-”

“Huge?”

Donghae hits him several times and even fitted in a kick. “What’s with you?” But the two of them are starting to laugh at each other’s antics.

 

Eunhyuk stands up and leans closer to Donghae. “You’re really not going to kiss me?” His eyes flit towards Donghae’s lips.

 

Donghae watches Eunhyuk’s mouth, and his hands go to his thin waist. For the hundredth time, he forgets how to breathe. He leans forward as if something is pushing him to. Donghae squeezes Eunhyuk’s waist.

 

Eunhyuk never hoped so badly for something to happen. His mind screams, kiss me! Kiss me right now, go against your word.

 

However, whatever spell came over them vanished when they heard horses and dogs, and people shouting. Donghae pulls Eunhyuk to him, and they flatten themselves against the rock.

 

Eunhyuk’s body is tingling. He never wanted anything so badly and now that Donghae came into his life, his whole being is directed towards him. He has felt so many bodies against him that he forgets that it can feel so good. He forgets that his heart can actually beat for someone.

 

Donghae still has his arm around Eunhyuk’s waist, but he doesn’t want to let go. Even when morning came, and they wake up to each other’s breaths.