Sanctuary

On Different Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh come on, why should we believe you?” Jihyo raised her eyebrow as she stared at the scorched girl before her. “How am I sure that this is not just another trick that you’re trying to play?”

Nayeon gave her a blank stare. After being kicked out of hell, she used the last bit of her demonic powers to reach heaven. She, at first, forgot that she was no longer a demon – for she panicked at the thought of evaporating outside the gates of heaven and yet, when she set her foot down on heaven’s floors, she remained in one piece.

“Do you not see –” Nayeon exhaustedly stalked towards the angel. “How burnt…” She muttered lowly, ignoring the way Jihyo was backing away from her. “My skin looks?”

Jihyo chuckled awkwardly. “That’s – That’s not proof that Satan kicked you out of hell. You could have, I don’t know – burnt yourself.”

“Burnt myself? What – do you honestly think I’m stupid enough to burn myself?” Nayeon glared at Jihyo.

“Jihyo, I think Nayeon’s telling the truth.” Dahyun floated over to the two, a nervous look on her face. “I just got word from another angel that millions of humans are dying because of demons just a few seconds ago.”

Jihyo glanced towards Dahyun before letting her gaze fall back towards Nayeon. “Okay, so – let’s say that what you say is true… What do you want us to do?”

“I came here for help.” Nayeon mutters, letting herself collapse on the floor. “I don’t know; I just feel like I’m losing all of my energy and my power now.” She says, hand reaching out towards heaven’s skies. “It feels like –“

“Like you’re back to a mere spirit…” Jihyo continued for her. Nayeon looked over towards the angel in surprise before laughing bitterly.

“Exactly.” Nayeon dropped her arm by her side stayed silent. Dahyun and Jihyo looked at Nayeon with empathy, not really knowing what to do themselves.

A deafening silence falls upon the three. Jihyo exasperatedly sat next to the miserable ex-demon beneath her, before gesturing Dahyun to do the same. “So, Satan’s back and he’s stronger?” She questioned Nayeon lowly. Nayeon grumbled and closed her eyes, refusing to accept the fact that one of her worst nightmares came true.

“I wish there was something I could have done earlier…” Nayeon said as she placed an arm over her eyes. “I wish I could have injured him or something.”

“You did your best.” Jihyo soothing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter