Unprepared

On Different Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jihyo, quick!" A panicked voice rang throughout the hall, and hurried footsteps echoed in the empty space. "There's been a horrible news!"

"What's going on?" Jihyo rose slowly from where she sat, her eyebrows furrowed. Her hands rest on her hips as she tried to keep the nervous feeling in her gut from spilling out.

"Someone--" The angel-in-training stammers out, catching his breath. "Someone reported that Satan's in Earth."

"What?" Jihyo's voice was shaky, not sure whether she should believe the news or not. However, given the circumstances, she decides to take heed of the warning. She nods quickly, and soon, she was out of the door. "Gather all the angels and archangels around the field, tell them I say so."

The angel nodded quickly and flew out the door, leaving Jihyo to scramble around the area.

A few minutes later, she reaches the field and feels the uneasy atmosphere that everyone was succumbed to. She pinched the bridge of her nose and spoke.

"I received news that Satan's on Earth." She starts slow, just like how one would step on eggshells. The angels and archangels stiffened, while others seemed to worry even more. "The shenanigans Satan and his demons are doing has been going way too far," She continues, looking at the sidelines. "And though we are not yet ready for another war, it seems to me that Satan is calling for it."

The murmurs that spread throughout the field were silent, yet filled with anxiety. Jihyo watched as Chaeyoung took Mina's hand slowly--whispering words of encouragement to the only human in the field.

When Jihyo scanned the entire field, she realized that someone was missing. She looked over her shoulder and gestured for Nayeon to get closer to her.

"Have you seen Dahyun?" She whispers towards the ex-demon.

"I haven't." Nayeon replies. The two share a plain look before Jihyo looks into the field once more.

"I will give you all two minutes to prepare all of your weapons and equipment--then we meet back here to march into Earth. Prepare for a gruesome battle, for this is the start of the second Holy War." Jihyo yells. Immediately and in order, the angels and archangels disperse in order to look for their personal belongings and weapons.

Jihyo then settles down and sits on the patch of grass next to her. She sighed and kept her eyes trained on her shoes, praying that god helps them.

"Hey," She heard Nayeon's voice from behind her. "Are you not gonna go and prepare with them?"

"I'm fine," Jihyo mutters, her hand awkwardly hovering over her leg. "I've got all I need."

Nayeon eyed the scar around Jihyo's thigh. "Is that from when... you tried to protect me?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter