Monster

On Different Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A painful shriek escaped Jihyo's lips as the flames seeped through her skin. The moment the flames broke out, she turned around and shielded herself with her shoulder,

"I--" Every move she made shot pain through her body and she struggled not to whimper. Her eyes scanned the area and paused upon seeing Jeongyeon's worried look. 

Jeongyeon hurried to her side. "Are you okay?" Her words were hushed, but her concern was evident. "Come with me, I think Dahyun's got your back."

Sure enough when Jihyo glanced over Jeongyeon's shoulder, she caught a glimpse Dahyun running towards their general direction. "It's okay, I can do it myself--"Jihyo released another painful whimper when she moved. Jeongyeon gives her a worried look. "Let's get you to the side."

Jihyo thought Dahyun was running towards them so that she can help with the healing process. Instead, she watched in awe as the other angel leaped and charged towards Satan's face. A blast of pressurized wind exploded and he coughed. His eyes were shaky as he glared at Dahyun. She kept her hand on his face, continously charging it with heavier wind while he struggled to get her off.

"Don't be a hero," he mumbled against her palm. "You're not meant to be on the battlefield."

With his words, she shoved him harder until he stumbled back. Mina stood behind him, knife clutched in her hands.

Mina was shaking. She couldn't believe what was happening to her. It seemed like it was just yesterday when she broke her camera trying to protect a little girl. The people around her moved slowly, as if time was freezing and she was the only one moving. Her eyes looked carefully at how smoke seemed to seep through Satan's wounds. She looked at how Dahyun's teeth were bared, and how Dahyun's eyes looked like they were filled with fire.

Mina took her stance, awaiting Satan's fall. Her heart pounded against her chest with every staggered breath she made. When she felt as though she was close enough to strike, someone grabbed her and pulled her along with them.

She watched as Satan crumbles down and falls, a small explosive heat escaping his body. She watched as Dahyun scrambled to keep her body protected with the air around her.

"What...?" She questioned. She looked up to see Chaeyoung holding on to her. "Why did you pull me away?"

Chaeyoung grumbled before she set Mina down. "I knew it..." Chaeyoung muttered under her breath. "It was too dangerous to let a human join the war between demons and angels." Tears welled in Chaeyoung's eyes. "Please take care of yourself, Mina."

Before Mina could react, she watched as Chaeyoung charged into Satan. Her steps were awkward and she stumbled with fear, but she knew she had no choice.

Satan was still down. He was hurt, but he was nowhere near dying. His eyes flashed towards where the rookie angel was and he smirked. In an instant, he caught Chaeyoung's arm and yanked her with him.

"I thought that children w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter