Angels and Archangels

On Different Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jihyo,” a gruff voice called out. Every angel in heaven made way for the archangel that approached the said girl, respect being shown with a small nod from everyone. Jihyo looks over her shoulder to look at the man who approached her. She gives a small smile in greeting before she asks about the particular reason he was reaching out to her.

“Is there a problem, sir?” She asks with all due respect.  She was in the middle of teaching some of the newest angels that were added to their roster, making sure they knew how to give their all when it comes to protecting humans.

“Can I steer you away from this class first?” He looks warily around the area, flashing the young angels a smile. Jihyo nods wordlessly, gesturing towards the class that she would be back soon.

Once they reached an open area, he began to talk.

“Do you remember Nayeon?” He starts, weighing in the conflicted reaction of the angel before him. Jihyo nods slowly, eyes pointed towards no particular area. “She’s targeting someone new after a really long time of being idle. I need you to look for someone willing to protect her, but if you can’t find anyone suitable you’re gonna have to do it.” He sighs, a hand pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration.

Jihyo knew about how powerful Nayeon could be. The last time the odd demon ever laid her hands on someone, that man turned from being one of the kindest priests into one of the most corrupted minds the world has ever seen. He went from helping people out when they needed it the most to turning into someone even Death hates. He became one of the reasons Death was constantly summoned to earth, killing hundreds of people – innocent or not, just because he constantly demanded it.

Soon enough, Jihyo found out that Sana had marked the man as the next target to kill. Death arrived at his apartment that day, satisfied that it managed to kill a man that was making her job more strenuous than it already was.

“Alright,” Jihyo says. She gives the archangel her warmest smile, and with that, the stoic man ended up feeling a little soft and a bit happier than usual. “I’ll do my best sir. You probably have a lot of things to do, so I won’t hold you up here anymore.” She states, holding onto the archangel’s hands. “Don’t forget to take care of yourself, okay?”

“Okay,” the man smiles, wondering why Jihyo was never made an archangel. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter