Rise

On Different Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Did I hear that correctly?"

With a gasp, Sana and Momo turned around to find an overly familiar devilish smirk. "I --" Sana tried to speak up but the words never seemed to escape . "We weren't -- we didn't..."

Satan's eyebrow quirked up as he took a step closer to the two girls. Sana and Momo backed away, evidently trapping themselves in an alleyway. Momo felt her heart climb up as she realised that they both were doomed. Even so, Momo knew she didn't want to just submit herself to the wretched demon. "Even if you heard that correctly, nothing you do would scare us." Momo's eyes seemed to glow a fiery red as she spat those words out, her face looking as though she showed no signs of regret.

Satan only scoffed. He glowered over them, his hands summoning trickles of his terrifyingly suffocating dark flames and his eyes stared straight into Momo's. "Do you honestly think you can escape me?" He sounded like a complete psychopath with the way he said his words so calmly -- so carefully, that it seemed as though he wasn't even mad that they were plotting something behind his back.

In an instant, however, he charged towards Momo and wrapped his huge hands around her neck. Momo gasped for the air that she could no longer breathe. Her eyes rolled back as she silently signalled towards Sana to do something. Sana instinctively stepped back as she cursed herself for not being more careful of their surroundings. She watched as Momo's feet lifted off the ground slowly -- an indicator that Satan was carrying Momo.

"I could easily kill you this way!" Satan growled, satisfied that he could feel Momo cower in fear beneath him. "I could kill you this way and no one would live to tell the story --" He glanced sideways, where Sana was frozen still. "No one would tell the story of how the mighty demon Momo would crumble because of me!" Satan chuckled. His eyes seemed to glow with a reddish orange hue, and the air around him started to feel way too suffocating for Sana.

Behind her back, Sana made a tiny portal. I hope this reaches you... She thinks -- fumbling around with her bracelet and throwing it in. She sealed the portal quickly as soon as the bracelet went through, and she decided to put up at least a little fight.

"P-Put her down!" Sana's voice q

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter