Awkward Conversations

On Different Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I--" Jeongyeon starts, her eyebrows furrowed as she tries to take in all the unusual happenings around her. She stares with agape at Dahyun, who was now casually floating around the living room.

"I'll make it quick, don't worry." Dahyun eyed the messy stacks of papers on the floor and the jumble of words on the laptop's screen. "I know you have a lot to do. If you let me talk first, I'll gladly answer any question you have."

"Okay..." Jeongyeon mutters under her breath. She took a seat and stared at Dahyun, waiting for her to speak.

"I'm aware you have a gun." Dahyun starts.

"How--"

"It's important to us, you see..." The angel cut Jeongyeon off. She floated towards the drawer of Jeongyeon's desk and opened it, revealing a hard metal case. She took the case and floated towards Jeongyeon, settling in front of her. "This gun has been with the angels for millenia, but it got lost during the war."

"Angels? War?" Jeongyeon asks, her confusion taking over her. Dahyun only nodded in response.

"Oh, I haven't--" Dahyun giggled. "I'm an angel, if you didn't know."

Jeongyeon felt aggravated. "Of course I didn't know, how am I supposed to know you're an angel?" She angrily muttered.

"I'm literally floating in front of you." Dahyun raised one eyebrow, wondering if Jeongyeon was okay. "Shall I continue?" She asks.

Jeongyeon nodded, disregarding the issue for now.

"You know, this gun--" Dahyun opened the case, revealing a gleaming silver revolver. It looked like it came out of a movie, with patterns around the hilt of the gun, and dents around the shaft. "This gun was hand-crafted by Gabriel."

"The angel?"

"The archangel." Dahyun corrects. "He made it to aid Michael when he tried to slay Satan, but Michael refused to take it. He said he wanted to bring Satan down with his own hands, and his own ways." Dahyun's eyes looked distant.

Jeongyeon inhaled slowly, taking in the information Dahyun was telling her. "I don't understand," She says. "My grandmother gave it to me. Told me it was a toy because it never really worked."

"Well, its bullets aren't really visible to the human eye, and it doesn't work on humans." Dahyun explains. She hands the gun to Jeongyeon. "Now if you were to shoot me with that, I would definitely be in pain."

"Does it kill you?" Jeongyeon asks.

Dahyun gave her a poker face. "What do you think?"

"I--"

"Well, shoot me then." Dahyun continues. She planted her feet on the floor and moved backwards.

"But, you said it hurts... and I don't want to kill an angel." Jeongyeon stammers, concerned about what was happe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter