intro.

From A Distance

She watched the nurse running back into the operating theatre with another new pack of blood; tears falling uncontrollably. She very much wanted to stop her again to ask what's going on inside but she couldn't, her body just refused to move. All she could do was to close her eyes again, hoping that God will hear her desperate prayers.

She had no idea how long had she been sitting there; she can feel the nurses running in and out again. Did something go wrong? What if he's not coming back? What if, what if-

"Let's be in love forever."

Suddenly, she heard his voice and his smile appeared in front of her. She opened her eyes immediately but she can't see him, not in this darkness. She cried out for him but the only reply she got was the echoes of her voice.

"Please come back."

She pleaded in between sobs as she dropped down on her knees, defeated. Her sobs escalated into loud cries; she cried and pleaded for his return but instead of him appearing, the darkness disappeared and she's back in the hospital.

She saw the light of the operating sign darkened but her body still refused to move. Someone stepped forward instead, she couldn't hear their conversation but she saw the doctor shaking his head. It can't be; she refused to believe this. She tried running into the operating theatre but no matter how hard she ran, she just couldn't reach the door. It seemed to be getting further and further away from her.

Then, she heard a voice; someone was calling her name. She stopped in her tracks, looking around anxiously. The voice kept calling her name but she couldn't find it. And then, he appeared. He was pretty far away from her, in full white but she was sure that's him. She shouted for him; he gave her a smile in return.

"Nayeon!" That voice called out again. This time Nayeon opened her eyes, gasping for air at the same time. She sat up and brought a hand to her cheek, feeling it all wet. She's been crying in her sleep again.

The guy who called her sat down on the edge of her bed, giving her a worried look.

"You okay?"

Nayeon didn't reply him as she glanced up at him, tears forming in her eyes again. She hit him; she hit him hard on his chest with her fist. The guy didn't stop her even when her hits get heavier each time.

"Why did you have to wake me up?" She cried, emphasizing on each word with a hit. "I saw him, he was smiling. Why did you have to bring me back? I don't want to come back! I wanted to be with him, why couldn't anyone of you understand? "

The guy didn't say anything but instead, he wrapped his arms around her securely and pulled her closer to his body. Nayeon didn't push him away neither did she return the hug.

She just cried her hearts out in his embrace.

"It's okay, Nayeon." He hugged her tighter and patted her back gently, hoping that it will help soothe the girl's pain.

"It's okay."

----------

I wouldn't call this the first chapter, just an intro/prologue/chapter zero.  I've been writing cute and fluff and casual stories for the past 2-3 months because I thought I shouldn't be too ambitious and go for chaptered stories since I just recently returned to the writing scene. I honestly would have continued with one shot series if not for this story idea that came to me. It's cliche somehow but I would like to believe that cliche can actually work if written properly? So, this would be my first challenge after my return. One, angst requires descriptions and emotions. I haven't been writing angsty stuff since forever, let's see if I can pull this off? Two, chaptered stories always pull me out of the writing scene but I really want to complete this so, wish me luck!

Now, more to the story. I'm sure most of you can see where this is heading too. I don't think I've revealed too much of the two guys' roles right? I mean, it is obvious but who is in which role? Can you guys guess? Enough of my rambles, I hope you guys enjoyed this!

signing off, lildragongurl 

p.s. what do you think of the poster tho? does it fit?