Chapter 2

Beyond Our Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

||Chapter 2||

 

There are always one or two reporters hanging around the hospital lobby, looking for the scoop to report however the news of Yoon Corp.'s Chairman is dying and the son will get married tonight is spreading fast and makes a lot of reporters congest the hospital lobby for the latest coverage. Mingyu already called Yoon Corp.'s public relation's staff to come to handle the reporters however they insisted for the official statement faster.  Mingyu succeed to calm them down with the assist from hospital guards and officers before he comes into the temporary dressing room where Jeonghan are being dressed up as a groom to find Mrs Yoon or Jeonghan himself since the reporters who is waiting outside right now demand an official statement regarding Jeonghan's wedding.

"Samo-nim, there are reporters outside asked for the official statement regarding Jeonghan's wedding tonight, do you want to meet them or let the public relation dept. handle?" asked Mingyu as soon as he entered the room after he knocked the door.

However, Mingyu could feels the negative vibes lingers inside the room before he finds Jeonghan is crying while being comforted by Seungkwan in front of the dressing mirror and Mrs Yoon's expression looks very anxious. He keeps silent and waits for the response from any of them eventhough his mind is trying to figure out the cause of the current situation.

"Samo-nim?" asked Mingyu again when Mrs Yoon stares blankly at his face quite long. 

"O-Okay but I need to talk to you before I meet them, come with me Mingyu," said Mrs Yoon and leaves the room, without delaying any seconds Mingyu follows.

.
.
.
.


"Mingyu, please!! You are the only hope I have, I can't let my husband die without his wish being fulfilled, he is dying, he can't stand longer," Mrs Yoon's plead makes Mingyu to be in a difficult situation, "and I know right now you don't have anyone that's why I asked you," continued Mrs Yoon. 

"Samo-nim, how much I want to see Hwaejang-nim's wish to be fulfilled but I still think this is not the right thing to do, we know how much Jeonghan-ssi loves Wonho-ssi, he won't agree, furthermore this is not a small matter, marriage is the unification of two families, I don't think my family's status fits with your family's, we are just a commoner, Samo-nim," Mingyu tries to reject the suggestion in a good way.

"No, don't said like that, we all who live in this world have the same status, a human, nothing more and nothing less, and for Jeonghan, yes, he loves Wonho but see what Wonho did to him," reasoned Mrs Yoon.


"He won't agree," argued Mingyu politely.

"No, I'm sure he will because he loves his father more than anything and I also believe you will take a good care of him, eventhough both of you didn't love each other now, I believe one day you and him will become a good married couple because you are a good man Mingyu," Mrs Yoon touches his arm gently, tries to make Mingyu agree with her plan.

"Samo-nim--"

"We don't have much time Mingyu, please," Mrs Yoon cuts Mingyu off.

Mingyu looks Mrs Yoon at her eyes, he could spots the desperate look of a loving wife in order to fulfill his dying husband's wish. That look is very familiar to him, the look he could not forget when he saw in his mother's eyes a long time ago. Thus, Mingyu nods. 

Mrs Yoon hugs Mingyu straight away, "Thank you Mingyu, thank you so much, I will be always remain indebted to you for the rest of my life," said Mrs Yoon in her crying happy voice. 

"No...no...Samo-nim, Hwaejang-nim and Samo-nim are the one who helped me a lot," said Mingyu, "Just, please give me five minutes to call my mother, to let her know, I don't want she will be too shock when I tell her later," continued Mingyu.

Mrs Yoon releases her hold on Mingyu gradually, she smiles, "Okay, just come to the dressing room after that okay, I will wait for you in the room." 

Mingyu nods and smiles to his very soon mother-in law. As soon as he sees that lovely and charismatic woman slips into her husband's room he sighs hard and ruffles his own hair, questioning and worrying his decision.

.
.


"Eomma! are you out of your mind?" asked Jeonghan, tried to control his voice tone after he and his mother exited his father's room and walks toward the dressing room. 


Mrs Yoon and Jeonghan stop walking not too far from Seungkwan who standing in front of the dressing room waiting for Jeonghan or Mrs Yoon's final decision, "If you want to think I'm crazy, yes I am, and I will be more crazy if we can't fulfill your father's wish," said Mrs Yoon to Jeonghan. 


Jeonghan bites his lips, his tears still there for the news of Wonho left him alone here and now if he really want to fulfill his father's wish, he has no choice other than marrying his bodyguard, someone he does not love. He looks at his mother's face and brings her gently into his arms. He knows how much their parent love each other and he also loves them so much. 

"Jeonghan-ah, I'm not doing this to ruin your life, if it is just some other person I don't know, I might surrender to fulfill your appa's wish, but since it's Mingyu, that's why I dare to proceed this," explained Mrs Yoon softly. 

"Eomma...if it is for appa, I will do it, I will do anything for appa," Jeonghan sobs.

"Thank you Han-nie, thank you," his mother also cries on his shoulder.

"Eomma, you don't need to thank me, I know you asked me to do it because you love appa so much and I love him too as much as I love you," said Jeongh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter