Chapter 3

Beyond Our Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

||Chapter 3||

 

"Mingyu," called Mrs Yoon when she saw her son-in-law is preoccupied with feeding the fish in the pond.

"O...eomeonim, I'm sorry I didn't see you came," Mingyu replies. 

"Did I disturb you?" asked Mrs Yoon comes closer and stands beside Mingyu. 

"No...of course not, you are always my priorities even if I'm busy," replied Mingyu and smiles to his mother-in-law. 

Mrs Yoon responds him with a warm smile after listened to her son-in-law's answer, "But you looked so deep in your thought"

"Just a casual thought, eomeonim, nothing serious," Mingyu tried to hide although he could feel his mother-in-law might know what is in his mind. 

Mrs Yoon gives Mingyu a pat on his shoulder, knowing her son-in-law must have a lot in his mind.

"Why you didn't move to Jeonghan's room? I already prepare it all for you two," asked Mrs Yoon after a while. 

"Ah~~ I planned to move in after give some times to Jeonghan but we were quite busy with abeonim left us and after that I really didn't aware that everytime I came home I slept in the guest room," Mingyu tried to give an excuse. 

Mrs Yoon smiles, "I understand, but don't wait too long okay, it just make you two more apart, you two are a married couple and you have right on him, I know he is stubborn but he is not inhuman." 

Mingyu smiles, he always know Jeonghan is a good man but right now Jeonghan is not in his best condition to act rationally toward him and because of that Mingyu keeps trying not to be affected by Jeonghan's unpleasant words and acts but as a normal people there were few time he couldn't endure and he lose it. The word he supposed to ignore still offended him somehow. 


~Flashback~

"Don't be dreaming to live here forever, I will make sure you will move out from this house! Do you think I will let you take all of this easily? Huh! I still don't know why you agreed so easily to marry me, you might doing it for my father's wealth but I will stop you from taking it away!" lashed Jeonghan out when he was getting angry when his mother wanted to change all the furniture in his bedroom for Mingyu's sake. 

"Jeonghan, I never have that kind of thought, I only--"

"You can say anything but I will never trust you," Jeonghan cut Mingyu off again before he gets out and slams the car door.

Mingyu sighs hard. 


~End of the flashback~

 

____________________

 

After Mingyu and Jeonghan got married, Mrs Yoon asked Mingyu to stop following Jeonghan as a bodyguard also she ensure Mingyu changed the way he calls Jeonghan. Mingyu resisted at first but Mrs Yoon insisted and reasoned it would cause a bad rumors against Jeonghan as a CEO also it may affect the company's image if Mingyu stays act like a bodyguard, but the truth is Mrs Yoon just want them be a little closer and throw away the gap between the employer and employee they had before. Therefore Mingyu had no choice other than to agree but he claimed he still want to send and fetch Jeonghan up from the office, because for Mingyu it is the only opportunity for him to talk to Jeonghan without Jeonghan storms away. Mingyu's reason pleased Mrs Yoon thus she agreed straight away.

Hence everyday in their journey going to and back from office, Mingyu will try hard to start a conversation even though he always get ignored by Jeonghan. He also knows he will get hurt once Jeonghan opens his mouth however he keeps in his mind the one who in need to be treated right now is Jeonghan because his heart for sure is in pain. 

"How's today?" asked Mingyu.

"As usual," replied Jeonghan short.

"Mind to elaborate?" tried Mingyu. 

"No."

"Why? There must be something happened today that made you smiled, mad, excited or anything," Mingyu didn't give up and he takes a glance at Jeonghan for a response from his seat.
 
The way Jeonghan clenches his jaw and the glare he gives to Mingyu made Mingyu realizes Jeonghan is really angry. 

"I'm sorry," apologized Mingyu instantly. 

"Just stop Mingyu! Stop playing a good husband with me, asking whether I'm good or not every single day and keep apologizing, it's really annoying!!!" Jeonghan releases his anger.

"I really just want to know, is it wrong?" asked Mingyu softly, he tried to be gentle as he could to calm Jeonghan down. 

"Yes, it is wrong!!! That is really wrong! And not just that, us is wrong! This is wrong! Everything is wrong!" yelled Jeonghan in the moving car.

Mingyu shocked and he pulled in at the side of the road. He turns to face Jeonghan wanted to ask further but he cancels it as soon as he sees Jeonghan is crying. 

"Jeonghan-ah...what is it?" questioned Mingyu after a few minutes. 

"Why I need to marry you? Why Wonho left me? Why Appa need to left me now??? Why??" Jeonghan weeps louder. 

Mingyu pulls Jeonghan into his arms, in the time like this he can only offers his shoulder for Jeonghan to cry on since Mingyu himself doesn't have the answers for all the questions. He knows Jeonghan had bottled up all his feelings since their wedding day and this is the first time Mingyu heard Jeonghan were questioning all the unwanted incident which happened to him including their marriage. Mingyu wishes sincerely Jeonghan could open up and get rid the pain from his heart. 

As Mingyu tried to give a comfort to Jeonghan, he struggles himself to push Mingyu away several times, however Mingyu who is stronger and has a bigger build tighten his embrace and finally Jeonghan gives in and continue weeping in Mingyu's embrace.

 

_________________

 

"Don't touch my stuff!" warned Jeonghan when he sees Mingyu tried to pick up a book from his working desk as soon as he comes out from the bathroom. 

"I'm sorry!" replied Mingyu. 

"Don't touch any of my belonging especially on my working desk!" Jeonghan throws another rule.

Mingyu just nods. He presses the play button on the cd player located next to Jeonghan's desk. 

"Why you switched it on?" asked Jeonghan.

"Of course because I want to listen to it," replied Mingyu. 

"I hate listening to the music before going to sleep! Switch it off!!" ordered Jeonghan.

"Music can help us sleep better," argued Mingyu.

"Not for me, I hate it!" replied Je

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter