Chapter 7

Beyond Our Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

||Chapter 7||

 

"Are you already asleep?" asked Mingyu as soon as he heard Jeonghan's voice a bit raspy on the line. 

Jeonghan is in Singapore for the business trip. Since their company are ready to expand their business to the Southeast Asia, Singapore is the first country they have their eye on. Jeonghan feels grateful he could continue his late father's plan in expanding their business. 

"No, I just lie down," replies Jeonghan, he pulls the blanket and wraps it around him. 

"Why your voice is like this, are you sick?"  Mingyu sounds worried.

Jeonghan clears his throat, "No, I'm okay," he tries to hide. 

"Han-nie, I can hear your tired and hoarse voice, you caught the cold right?" asked Mingyu again.

"I really can't hide anything from you, even I'm not with you, you can detect the cold I have from there," Jeonghan tries joking to lessen the worried he detected from Mingyu's voice. 

"Are you okay?" asked Mingyu softly. 

"Still okay but my throat is starting to get sore," answered Jeonghan honestly.

"If so, just go to sleep I won't disturb you, I will pick you up at the airport tomorrow okay," Mingyu suggests Jeonghan to get some rest before his flight tomorrow. 

"But I want to listen to your voice a bit more," asked Jeonghan in his soft voice. 

Mingyu chuckles, "Come home faster then"

"I want that too but tonight and tomorrow morning's flight is already full, 2 pm is the earliest I could get," whined Jeonghan, spending 4 days here already make him miss Mingyu a lot. 

"I miss you Jeonghan, I cannot wait to see you tomorrow," confessed Mingyu. 

"I miss you too, make sure you pick me up okay?" 

"Okay, now make sure you sleep well, no more work or reading, I'll see you tomorrow ok"

"Ok gyu~bye" 

They both end the call.


________________________


Jeonghan's flight is already landed in Incheon by 10.20 pm just now. Mingyu already waiting for Jeonghan's arrival from 10 pm because he does not want Jeonghan to wait long since Jeonghan is not well. Jeonghan's voice from their phone conversation this morning was becoming worse compared to yesterday night. 

Mingyu taps his fingers on the divider rail at the arrival lounge while his gaze doesn't move away from the door where the passengers walking out from. As soon as he sees Jeonghan walks side by side with Minhyuk, his assistant, Mingyu smiles and straighten up his body and walks toward Jeonghan. 

Straightaway after Jeonghan sees Mingyu, he speeds up his step to get to Mingyu quickly. He reaches for Mingyu's hand and he smiles wider when Mingyu interlocking their fingers together. 

"Let's go, you're really not well," said Mingyu  after his free hand touched Jeonghan's forehead. 

Jeonghan just smiles and follows his husband's steps.

After finished helping Minhyuk put all the luggage inside the car boot, Mingyu hands out the car key to Minhyuk and he enters the car and sits at the back with Jeonghan. Jeonghan immediately lays his head on Mingyu's shoulder. 

"We'll stop at the clinic before going home okay?" Mingyu whispers at Jeonghan, who already closes his eyes. 

Jeonghan shakes his head slowly, "Just go home straight, I can eat the medicine at home," Jeonghan tries to clear his sore throat after he said that. 

"Don't be like this, just take a shot and we will go home after that, okay?" Mingyu caresses Jeonghan's cheeks gently. 

Jeonghan opens his eyes slowly and finds out Mingyu is looking at him very dearly and also look very worried. 

"I just wanna lie down on the bed because of my body starts aching," whined Jeonghan, "But if you say so, I'll listen to you," Jeonghan wanted to insist to go home at first but he surrendered because of Mingyu looked so worried.

"Just sleep, I'll wake you up when we arrive at the clinic," whispered Mingyu, while pats Jeonghan's head softly. 

"Minhyuk-ssi, I'm sorry but I think, you just drive to your house from here and I will drive to the clinic and home after that," said Mingyu, feels sympathy to Minhyuk who just come back from Singapore. 

"It's okay, let's bring Sajangnim to clinic first, he already endures it from morning," replied Minhyuk. 

"Are you sure? You must be tired as well"

"I'm fine don't worry, besides I cannot let you and Sajangnim send me home, he's my boss, and I need to send both of you home, that is my duty," said Minhyuk. 

"Because I'm here right now, I can do that so you can go home and get rest," replied Mingyu. 

"Mingyu-ssi, if you are in my place, I'm very sure you also will do what will I do," Minhyuk says politely.

"If you say so, I really can't refuse, thanks Minhyuk-ssi"

"You're welcome, that is my job, don't worry," answered Minhyuk. 


.
.


Jeonghan already asleep. After he got a shot from the clinic and they arrived home, Jeonghan immediately cleaned himself and went straight to the bed. Normally, Jeonghan will unpack his luggage first but this time he just left his luggage aside. 

Mingyu takes a glance at the alarm clock on his bedside table. It shows 1.15 in the morning. He takes the damp towel he placed on Jeonghan's forehead just now, tried to move as slow as possible to prevent Jeonghan from awake but he heard Jeonghan calls his name.

"Mingyu~where are you?" 

"I'm here, why?" answered Mingyu softly. 

"It's really cold~" whined Jeonghan. 

Mingyu gets up and takes out the sweater from the wardrobe and come back to Jeonghan and helps him to wear the sweater. Jeonghan lies down again while Mingyu Jeonghan's hair gently.

"My head is aching~" Jeonghan voices it out. 

"Come here," said Mingyu, he helps Jeonghan to gets up and makes Jeonghan lays his head down on his lap. 

He massages Jeonghan's temple gently. 
"Did Singapore rain heavily till make you like this?" asked Mingyu.

"Mmmm... we stucked at the sites almost 2 hours because of the heavy rain before I finally decided to walk under that rain to get back to our hotel," Jeonghan tells.

"Without umbrella?" Mingyu still continue massaging Jeonghan's head. 

"Of course not but it was downpour, I got drenched even I used an umbrella," replied Jeonghan. 

"If you already know you can't stand the rain why did you do that?" asked Mingyu.

"D-Do you mad? Please don't mad at me" 

Mingyu finds that Jeonghan's eyes become teary and quickly he pecks Jeonghan's forehead "No, I didn't, why did you cry?"

"I don't know, I suddenly feels like crying when you asked me like that," Jeonghan sniffles, he wipes the tears. 

Mingyu lifts Jeonghan up and make he leans on his chest. He hugs him and pats Jeonghan's head gently, "I didn't mad, I just asking, don't cry okay"

"I'm sorry to trouble you like this," Jeonghan says between his sniffles.

"No, you didn't, you didn't give me any trouble," consoled Mingyu, he tightens his hugs and he could feel Jeonghan's hand wrapping around his torso also Jeonghan sobs against his chest. He knows most of people will be a bit sensitive when they fall sick but Jeonghan is not only sensitive, he can be a crybaby. He smiles while patting Jeonghan gently and Jeonghan finally fall asleep in his embrace.

.
.

Mingyu wakes up again after several times he changed the towel on Jeonghan's forehead throughout the night. He checks the tim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter