Chapter 9

Beyond Our Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

||Chapter 9||

 

Jeonghan sends a message to Mingyu to tell him that he'll wait for him for dinner. However the reply he received asking him to not wait and eat first. Jeonghan also had been told by Mingyu that he might come home very late because he'll have a gathering with his friend who just come back from Australia. It makes Jeonghan suddenly doesn't have appetite to eat when he thinks Mingyu might be upset and avoiding with him for the incident this afternoon. For that night, he keep thinking about that and he ended up sleeping without having a dinner. 

.
.
.
.
.

"Jeonghan, I go first okay, I have outside appointment this morning" said Mingyu as soon as he is ready in the morning.


"O-oh okay," answered Jeonghan, "Do you have free time this afternoon? I wanna have lunch with you," asked Jeonghan to Mingyu, he suddenly thinks he should do something to make up what has he done yesterday. 

Mingyu already took his briefcase from the wardrobe and he's ready to leave the bedroom but he stops at the door to answer Jeonghan's question.

"I don't think I can, I have appointment with bank officer this afternoon," told Mingyu. 

"Oo I see, it's okay," Jeonghan smiles however it seems there's something missing in that smile from Mingyu's eyes.

'Did he feels guilty because of yesterday?' Mingyu asks himself in his head.  

"Jeonghan-ah~" 

"Mmm," Jeonghan answers. 

"I will come home early for dinner, wait for me okay"

With that answers, Mingyu can see the difference on Jeonghan's smile. He smiles back before he leaves the room. 

On his way to his destination, Mingyu could not stop thinking about Jeonghan. Mingyu notices how Jeonghan struggled to prevent him from getting hurt by his action, he is very aware of that and the current situation is really not to Mingyu's liking. He feels uncomfortable when he saw Jeonghan reacted to the guilt he kept in his heart. He could see the reason they were acting like this, all of these purely to make sure none of them are getting hurt by each other, and till now none of them tries to speak or bring the issue up.

Mingyu stops his car at the traffic light when the light is red. He leans back against the car seat, everything happened during the days he and Jeonghan fought because of Mingyu unintentionally touched Jeonghan and Wonho's picture comes into his mind and make him recalls every words they said to each other on that day. There is something he couldn't forget and that words keep buzzing in his mind. It's not Jeonghan's word but his own word. 

“...when the time come just tell me you want me out from your life, I will go..."

Mingyu sighs hard, "You have to say it by yourself Mingyu, you already made that promise, Jeonghan won't have the heart to say that"

Suddenly he shocked by the horn sound from the car behind, he found the traffic light is already changed to green and immediately he changes the gear to D before he steps the accelerator pedal to continue his driving to his destination.

.
.
.


After the meeting with the bank officer came to the end, Mingyu comes back to the office. In his way to his own room, he sees Jeonghan and Minhyuk are walking at the across hallway toward the elevator. He could sees Jeonghan's face looks very tense, the normal look of Jeonghan nowadays. His smiles also becoming less to be seen. Mingyu quickly pulls out his handphone from his pocket. 


'Dinner outside tonight?'

Mingyu presses the send button. A few seconds later he got the reply. 

'Love to. Where?'

'If you trust me, I will choose the best for you. Just tell me which one you prefer for tonight. Western? Italian? Korean? Or Asian?'


'Of course I trust you, I will love anything you choose for me'

Mingyu lets out a soft sigh and he smiles after reading the messages he received from Jeonghan. 

"I will help you to make the decision for your life too Jeonghan, I hope you will be happy," said Mingyu.

He types the last messages and send it. 


.


Jeonghan smiles again when he reads the last message.

'Okay, anticipate it, I will make sure you will love the food tonight. Wait for me at the lobby 8 pm'

.
.
.

Mingyu chooses Rosa 57 Wine & Dine for them, one of the best western fine dining restaurant in Jongno district, considering the love they both have for wine, even though their favourite is still opposite, white wine for Jeonghan and red for Mingyu. 

During they are having their own food, Mingyu keeps glancing at Jeonghan checking the acceptance of Jeonghan to his choice and he's really glad to find Jeonghan really enjoy his food tonight. 

"Are you satisfied with the food?" asked Mingyu after they finished their food, just confirming what he saw just now.

"Of course, I really love it especially the turkey meat, it's tender and very moist, you know right turkey meat can be very dry but it's perfect," answered Jeonghan, he chose the sous vide turkey for his main course and chardonnay white wine to complement it.

"I'm glad you love it," replied Mingyu, he swirls the wine glass in his hand, hesitating whether he should starts discussing about them or not. He already gave a lot of thought what should he say tonight before he came here with Jeonghan but when the time comes, all the words he prepared stuck at his throat.

"Mingyu, you must have something to say to me right?" Jeonghan suddenly asks. 

"Errr?" Mingyu really surprised, 'Did Jeonghan just look through my mind?' Mingyu thought.

"You have been swirling your glass too much even though you are the one who taught me to not do that," said Jeonghan, answering Mingyu's curiosity. 

Mingyu instantly stops the swirling and lets out a small laugh, laughing at himself for forgetting the fact that Jeonghan could be extra attentive sometime. 

"So you really have?" asked Jeonghan for the confirmation. 

Mingyu nods and sips his red wine before he puts the glass on the table, avoids to swirl it again.

"What is it?" asked Jeonghan. 

"I know you are in a great d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter