Chapter 5

Beyond Our Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

||Chapter 5||

 


Jeonghan notices Mingyu is getting ready to leave the room with a magazine in his hand after he finished taking a shower and changed to his usual sleepwear, grey sweat pants and plain white t-shirt. As usual Mingyu won't directly go to sleep, he always spends some times for a light reading, since Jeonghan does not like a bright environment when he's sleeping, Mingyu will either go to the living room or pool terrace to read before he come back inside to sleep. 

"Mingyu," called Jeonghan. 

Mingyu turns his head and stops from leaving the room, "Mmmm?"

"Y-you can read here if you want," Jeonghan stutters a bit, feels awkward with his own action. 

"But you are ready to sleep, right?"

"It's okay, I can wear this if I wanna sleep," Jeonghan shows the sleep mask he asked his assistant to buy for him two days ago. 

"Are you sure? I don't want to disturb your sleep"

"I know you won't, just I-I think I should considerate a little since we both using this  room so you don't need to go downstairs just only for the reading," Jeonghan finds a bit difficult to say that. 

He sees Mingyu's face forms a smile. 

"But still no for music before sleep, I really can't," Jeonghan adds. 

"Okay," Mingyu chuckles before he closes the door to come back and he sits on the armchair at the corner of the room, "I can use this light and you can switch off the others," said Mingyu gestures to the standing light beside the chair. 

"Okay," replied Jeonghan, he switches off the lights and pulls the duvet to cover him from the cold temperature at the night. 

"Jeonghan"

"Mmmm?" Jeonghan answers while lying down. 

"Good night"

Jeonghan smiles when he heard Mingyu's voice, "Good night Mingyu" he replies and puts on the sleep mask. 

 

_____________________

 


Mingyu and Jeonghan's relationship is getting better. After they came back from Mingyu's hometown, Jeonghan speaks and asks more, Mingyu noticed the changes in the way Jeonghan speaks and treats him, it become softer and nicer from day to day. Also they communicate more and be comfortable around each other by working together in the company. 


"Mingyu-ya, can we get short break after we finish this project?" asked Jeonghan but his eyes still on the paper in his hand. 

Mingyu who is leisurely waiting for Jeonghan to finish his work at the sofa in Jeonghan's office room raises his head to look at Jeonghan. This is the new place for Mingyu to wait for Jeonghan instead of his own office.  

Mingyu laughs, "Of course you can, you are the CEO, Yoon Sajang-nim, but I need to supervise the finance for our next project."


Because of Jeonghan wants to involve directly in this project, he is the one who supervise every stage progress of the project from zero till now. He still believes he needs to gain more knowledge and experience in managing the company, thus other than making a decision and set the company's direction he wants to gain the real knowledge how the projects are progressing since Jeonghan himself thinks he get his CEO position too early due to his father's passing away. Besides that he needs to prove his credibility to the minority who still questioning and doubting his late father's decision to give him the CEO position. Hence, he needs to ensure everything will go as the planned. 

However the tired day like today makes him looking for the holiday or at least a short break. 


"Ughhh!!! I want holiday," pouted Jeonghan. 


Mingyu smiles wider, Jeonghan started to jokes around and even whines to Mingyu about trivial matters. It's different back then when Jeonghan bottled everything up and endure it by himself, and seeing that changes in Jeonghan makes Mingyu much more reliefs.

"You want break now?" asked Mingyu.

Jeonghan nods his head. Mingyu doesn't wait longer to get up and grabs Jeonghan's hand. 

"Where are we going?" Jeonghan asks when Mingyu drags him to leave his office and walk together toward the carpark. 

"Holiday," answered Mingyu. 

"We have final stage meeting tomorrow with the investors!" 

"Yeah, I know!" Mingyu smiles.

Jeonghan frowns, "Mingyu, you better know what you're doing."

Mingyu brings Jeonghan to the car and Jeonghan get into it after Mingyu gestured him to do so. Mingyu settled himself on the driver seat and starts to drive them away. 

.
.


He parks the car at the parking lot once they arrived at the Han River's area. 

"Let's go! I just want you to breath a fresh air," said Mingyu. 

They come out from the car and walk side by side. Mingyu asked Jeonghan to wait for him while he goes into the coffee shop for a moment and come out with two cups of drinks in his hand. 

"Goguma (Sweet potato) latte for you, I know you like to have it during autumn or winter," Mingyu holds out him one of the cups. 

"How did--" Jeonghan surprised.  


"Of course I know, I was your bodyguard and I was beside you like 24/7," replied Mingyu.

"Thank you, I never thought you remember," said Jeonghan before he takes a sip from the cup before they continue walking. 

"You're welcome," replied Mingyu, "Let's sit there," Mingyu gestures to the empty bench that facing the Banpo Bridge Rainbow Fountain, the bridge which offers the beautiful rainbow fountain show synchronized with the music and lights. 

They take a seat beside each other and automatically eyeing the view in front of them. The view of Banpo Bridge is still beautiful even without the light and the rainbow fountain show since the time right now is already past 10 pm.  

"Actually I know almost about you, abeonim told me a lot about you," said Mingyu casually, "For example, you like strawberry flavor, you always whines if you are tired but you get super quiet if you are really exhausted," Mingyu adds when he saw Jeonghan get interested to his story.

"Appa? He told you all of that?" asked Jeonghan after he sips his favourite drink for the nth times, he couldn't hide his curiosity about the relationship between Mingyu and his father. 

"Yup and there's many more," said Mingyu while smiles looking at Jeonghan. 

"I didn't know you had a very close relationship with appa," said Jeonghan while looking at Mingyu's face, "I miss appa so much," Jeonghan smiles sadly, he shifts his gaze onto the ground. 

"He knew you will miss him badly that's why he wanted you to be married before he left, so you have someone by your side when you miss him," explained Mingyu.

"Did he told you that?" asked Jeonghan. 

Mingyu nods, "Jeonghan, I'm sorry for bringing up about abeonim, I didn't mean to make you sad," Mingyu feels guilty when saw Jeonghan's expression, he touches Jeonghan's hand gently.

"No, it's okay, at least I can let it out from my heart, I'm worry if I let eomma know she will be sad," spilled out Jeonghan. 

Mingyu pulls Jeonghan's sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter