Drink, Drank, Drunk

HouseMates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung laid down on his bed with one arm placed at the back of his head and another hugging onto his pillow as he stared at the ceiling of his room, sheepishly smiling to himself like a man who is madly in love. It was Friday, the end of yet another busy week. Indeed, he was mentally exhausted but for some reason, he couldn't seem to fall asleep that night. With eyes still wide open, he lazed on his bed while listening to the happy rhythm of an acoustic guitar that was playing on his speakers, at a volume that was just appropriate enough for only his ears to enjoy.

His feet were blissfully dancing to the melody as he hummed along to the song, in hopes that it could help him calm down the incomprehensible feeling he had in his heart. Tossing his body to the left side of the bed, he gazed admiringly at a wall shelf near his working desk, where a can of bug spray, tied around with a purple ribbon was placed right beside his photo frames.

It appears that Bae Joohyun had really meant it when she said she was going to get him a new bug spray to replace the one she used up, just about two days back. It honestly wasn't that big of a deal for him but he was quite surprised when he found out that she had taken the whole matter very thoughtfully. Perhaps it was partly due to the fact that she was still feeling very guilty she had unintentionally hit his face with a frying pan but Taehyung would like to think that this was more than just an act of 'Apology'. Instead, he'd like to take it as Bae Joohyun's indirect way of trying to initiate some kind of friendship with him.

Just the fact that she had taken the extra trouble to add a ribbon onto it, cracked him up real good. It amused him how she had actually bothered to decorate it prettily like an actual gift before she decided to give it to him. Who does that on a can of bug spray?

One thing for sure, the bug spray will be something that he'd never use and just display it like a 'trophy' instead of something he'd use. It was her first gift to him, after all, and he doesn't know when else will there ever come a time where Joohyun would give him something with a cute ribbon again. He just had to keep it.

'Ding!'

The sound of his text message notification rang out of the blue, rudely interrupting him from his fluttery thoughts. Reaching his hands out to the bedside table, he grabbed his phone and glanced at the screen to see that he had received a text message from Jeon Jungkook.

Jungkook: Hyung...

S'up?

Jungkook: Have you asked her yet? 

Ask who?

Jungkook: Your housemate...

Ask what? Dude you need to be a little more specific.


Jungkook: Ask her if she could hook us up with her friends, this weekend. Hyung, we've talked about this earlier, back at the studio. Don't act like you forgot.


Hold up. Us? You mean the other guys are in this, too? Hell no. What am I, your cupid?


Jungkook: C'mon, man. Yoongi Hyung is getting us a table at his club tomorrow. It'll be fun to have some chics around. We promise we'll keep it casual.


Pfft... Casual...Kiss my . I know you've probably got an eye on one of them, already.


Jungkook: Well, if I kiss your , would you please do us all a favour and ask your housemate?


Dude, how desperate are you? Anyway, Bae Joohyun isn't the type of girl who hangs in clubs. I see no point in asking her. It's gonna be a straight up 'NO', for sure. I'm telling you. She wouldn't even give a thought about it. You wanna hang with her, go get a table in a library instead and maybe she'll show up. I'm not even gonna waste my time.


Jungkook: Make her want to show up, then. How do you even know if she doesn't party anyway?


Her personality that I see thus far, says it all.


Jungkook: You'll never know if you never ask, man. Maybe she has only been showing you the side of her that she WANTS you to see. I bet a pretty girl like her knows how to have fun. I mean...think of it this way. This could be your chance to get to know her better.


...I'm still not convinced and I am not interested in getting to know her better.


Jungkook: Whatever. Just get back to me once you've got an answer.

Placing his phone down, Taehyung exhaled sharply before he shook his head and resumed what he was doing before his friend interrupted him and that was - staring at the ceiling. He couldn't have regretted introducing his friends to her at the cafe, a few weeks back. 

After that very day, his thirsty friends, especially the youngest one Jungkook has been pestering him to get Joohyun and her friends to hang out with them; something which he vehemently disapproved. It wasn't just the fact that the girls were Joohyun's friends that made him a little disinclined to help his own friends out. Just the idea of getting them acquainted alone was giving Taehyung a bad hunch, for some reason.

However, he couldn't deny that Jungkook's words were pretty tempting. 'This could be your chance to get to know her better.' It has almost been three months since they lived together but all that Taehyung knew about Joohyun was that she was a lady who despised three things. 

1. Cockroaches 

2. Noise

3. Kim Taehyung. (Not really a 'Thing' but she hates this guy.)

It wasn't like Taehyung was really that curious about Bae Joohyun and what she likes or hates. The problem was that he had only seen the very uptight side of her, constantly acting like a grouchy lady who was on menopause, in their house. He thought that it would be riveting to see her let loose for once and he'd really love to see if there was another side of her that she hasn't shown him yet. After all, how can a girl as hot as Bae Joohyun, don't know how to have fun?

'Should I ask her?'

<<------>>

Taehyung woke up way earlier than he normally does, the next morning, lounging on the sofa at the living room in his PJs and cereal bowl in his hands as he patiently waited for Joohyun to come out of her room.

He still had his qualms about the whole idea of allowing his pals to 'make friends' and 'mingle' with Joohyun's girlfriends but after giving some thoughts about it, he decided to just try and ask her if she'd like to join them for a party night, later in the evening. 

What's the harm in just asking? Right?

As soon as Joohyun's bedroom door squeaked open, a reflex caused Taehyung to jumped out from the sofa as if there were springs on his throwing him up. His actions only earned him a weird look from Joohyun before she proceeded to the kitchen to prepare her own breakfast. Taehyung could already assume that Bae Joohyun has had a good bath that morning, judging from the pleasant fragrant smell of shampoo and her hair partially dry-ed.

Consciously fixing his bed hair, Taehyung brought his palms closer to his mouth to make sure that his morning breath wasn't that repulsive even though he had already brushed his teeth, earlier. Taking a look at his own reflection through the showcase glass in the living room, Taehyung then made his way towards the kitchen, springing up with every step he took. 

"Morning, Bae Joohyun." -he greeted her.

"Wow, Kim Taehyung. You're up so early, today." -Joohyun gave him the side-eye as she takes out a pack of frozen bacon from the refrigerator and placed it in the microwave to defrost it. "What's the occasion?" -She questions as she resumed her next task, taking her frying pan onto the stove and heat it up. 

"Occasion? Do I need an occasion to wake up this early?" -Taehyung an eyebrow, arching his arms against the kitchen counter as his eyes followed wherever Joohyun walks.

As soon as the beeping sound goes off, Taehyung quickly walked to the microwave to get the pack of bacon out for her. He handed the defrosted pack into her hands.

"Thanks..."-Joohyun gave him a strange frown, clearly not used to his 'act of kindness' and having him helping her out in anything.

"You haven't answered my question, Ms Bae." -He said, leaning against the counter this time as he watched her proceed with her next task, placing a few strips of bacon into the heated pan.

"Well, it's Saturday." -Joohyun said, busily pressing the bacon flat on the pan with her frying spatula, "I just guessed that you've got something on. I mean...you don't normally wake up this early, on weekends. You wouldn't start your day until like what...three in the afternoon or something?"

Adorning a side smile on his face, Taehyung gazed at her admiringly as he rested his arms against the kitchen counter. A gush of contentment filled his heart when he heard what Joohyun had said. The fact that she took notice of his habits despite not really liking him made him happy, strangely enough. 

"You know, I really like it that you're beginning to pick up on my daily routine around the house." -he said, "It seems like you have been paying a lot of attention to me and what I do."

Her eyes widened at his statement, feeling the need to gainsay his claim even though whatever he had just said were true. She does pay a lot of attention to him, lately without her even realising it.

"No, I haven't." -She said in a sneering tone, trying to sound genuinely disagreeable with his words that had secretly flustered her. It wasn't helping that he was wearing that charming smile that she couldn't resist. "G-Gosh...you're so full of yourself. Look, I practically live with you, Kim Taehyung. I ought to know these things. I certainly do not 'pay' any attention to whatever you do in this house." -she pointed her frying spatula towards him as she speaks. 

"Right...sure..." -His lips instantly turned from a smile into a curled pout and his eyes rolled in disdain at her response when she wasn't looking. "Anyway...uh...what are your plans for tonight?" -he tried playing it casual and make himself sound a little friendly as he walked a little closer to the stove and stood right next to her. 

Furrowing her eyebrows at his question, Joohyun asked, "...And why would you like to know what my plans are, tonight?" 

"N-No reason." -He gave her a slight shrug and quickly looked away. "I mean...it was just a general question. Can't I just have a decent conversation with my fellow housemate?"

"I mean...of course you can...but it's really not like you to ask me anything at all if it's not for your own good." -Joohyun pointed out as she transferred the bacon from the pan to her plate then walked over to the counter to have her simple breakfast.

"Honestly speaking, this whole 'friendly' vibe going on right here, is creeping me out too. So let's not waste time and spill it, Kim Taehyung. I know you've got motives."

"You're smart, Bae Joohyun." -He clicked his finger then rubbed the palms of his hands together before he continued, "I do have a motive for asking you that question. So, listen. My friends and I, we're -" 

"No, they're not allowed to come over." -Joohyun cuts him off before he could even complete his sentence. 

"Could you at least let me finish?" -He questioned, pressing his index finger against her lips just as she was about to speak again. Too flustered to speak, Joohyun froze and gazed down at his finger where she was technically 'kissing'. 

"So...uh...My friends and I are heading to a club, later on, this evening. One of them owns the club and he has called us to come over tonight...and..."

"...and?" -Joohyun flicked his hand away from her and crossed her arms as she continued, "Just...hold up a second. Your friends...One owns a cafe and the other owns a club. Just who are you people, really?" 

"and..." -Taehyung didn't wish to digress from the topic he wanted to talk about. "They kinda want me to ask you if you and your friends would like to come and join us, tonight." -Taehyung said as he leaned his hands on the counter and slouched a little to the side so he could meet her gaze. "It'd be a casual get-together. Nothing crazy wild, I promise. What do you say? In or out."

"Out." -She answered almost immediately, without hesitation. 

Sighing dejectedly as he rests his cheeks on his hand, Taehyung mumbled 'softly'under his breath, "As expected of a No-Fun Nancy. Why did I even try..."


"What did you say?" -Joohyun narrowed her eyes at him, clearly trying to make him change his words while he can.

"Oh, you heard me." -Taehyung said, slowly taking a few steps back in case she tries to attack him with the frying spatula in her hands. "I just called you a No-Fun Nancy. It's not a lie or a diss or a bad thing. Just a plain fact. So...please don't take any offence to it."

"Well, Mr Kim, your fact is definitely incorrect." -She scoffed, taking a bite of her bacon, glowering at him as she took a step closer towards him.

"Well, Ms Bae. I am never wrong when it comes to my assumptions on someone's personality." -he said cockily. "You really are a No-Fun Nancy."

"So, I'm a no-fun Nancy just because I refused to go to that 'Get-Together' or whatnot with your friends?" -She asked, "Is that what you're trying to imply?"

"No. Well, yeah...it's partly that but what I'm trying to say is that you really are just a No-Fun person, in general." -Taehyung said. "You're so strait-laced that it hurts. You need to learn how to step out of that small bubble of yours and get out there, you know. You gotta learn how to have fun."

Dropping open, Joohyun curled her hands into a fist, already steaming with anger upon hearing his forthright attack.

"I know how to have fun!" -She unintentionally raised her voice at him.

"Sure you do..." -He chuckled, casually taking the bacon strip from her hands and ate it before she could snatch it back. "It seems to me like you're offended. I mean...It really wasn't in my intentions to -"

"Oh, I'm not offended at all!" -Joohyun cuts him off and punched her fist at the counter, "You know what, Kim Taehyung?! You know nothing about me! Allow me to prove you wrong, tonight! I'll go down to that club with my friends and show how FUN is DONE. I'll make sure you'll take back your words and shove it down your throat and choke. Watch me, Kim Taehyung. Watch me." -She scowled at him before she stormed out of the kitchen and head back into her room, slamming her bedroom door close, loud enough to torture his eardrums for two seconds.

"Tonight! Club Shooky! 8 pm! See you!" -Taehyung shouted out loud from the kitchen, giving her the details of the location and time before he walked back into his room to prepare himself for the evening rendezvous.

'At least that worked.' 

<<------>>

'Me? Strait-laced? How dare he?'

Standing in front of her closet at the moment, Joohyun went through every piece of clothing she owns, searching for a really nice outfit to wear for that night. Clearly unable to take the heat of Taehyung's words, she felt the strong urge and need to prove to him that she was nothing like who he had described her to be.

The minute she returned to her room, she had immediately dropped her friends a text message, suggesting a girl's night out at a club. Although it was so impromptu, her girlfriends surprisingly and easily agreed to it. After all, it wasn't every day that they'd get to have Joohyun asking them out, what more to a club for a par

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter