Baby, Baby

HouseMates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things didn't change much between the two housemates after they somewhat came clean about their feelings towards each other - by a tiny bit. Late night talks and walks still went on as per usual except this time Joohyun was being a little more cautious with her behaviour around Taehyung and Taehyung, on the other hand, was getting a little more flirtatious by the day. 

Although Kim Taehyung was adamant that he was not going to do anything about his feelings towards Joohyun, his methods of 'getting to know her better' seems to prove otherwise. It seemed as if he was trying to make Joohyun's 'tiny bit' feelings turn into something bigger with the things he does. Sometimes, Taehyung himself was not aware that his words and actions were going a little overboard, causing Joohyun to be confused on whether he was just being the cheeky person that he is or if he was trying to make a move on her. Still, she enjoyed every bit of his antics.


"Hey, Joohyun. Smile for me..." -Taehyung said, adjusting the camera lens as he angled his it towards her.

"No. Not a chance. Take that thing away from me." -Joohyun immediately turned away, stretching her hand out to block the camera lens with her palms. Shyly hiding her face with a cushion, Joohyun chuckled as Taehyung continued to with his camera. "Ugh...stop~"

"Come on, just one smile. I'm trying to test out my new toy, right here.  Please~" -Taehyung pleaded, lowering his camera down and pouting his lips like a little kid as he waited for Joohyun to free her beautiful face from her arm.

"It's about time you make someone else your subject. I'm pretty sure you've already got a ton of unglamorous shot of my face." -Joohyun said, still covering her face with her arms. "...and I bet they all turned out really ugly."

"Hey, that's not true." -Taehyung said, a little offended at her remark, "Are you underestimating my photography skills, right now?"

"No, I'm not. But how can I be sure that they didn't actually turn out ugly? I never got the chance to look at the photos you took of me." -Joohyun replied sulkily,

"You know what? Come with me." -Placing his camera down, Taehyung casually took Joohyun's hands into his and pulled her towards his room.

Too eager to prove her wrong, Taehyung brought Joohyun into his bedroom to show her the photographs he had taken that didn't actually turn out too bad although, in the beginning, he only took them to annoy her. Leading her to his work desk, he reached out for a box and took a few photographs into his hands, carefully looking into them while Joohyun's curious eyes wandered all around his room, the only space in the house that she hasn't entered since the day she moved in.

Taehyung's room was impressively a lot cleaner than she had always imagined even though there were pieces of camera equipment lying around here and there. She found it adorable how Taehyung only had his family photo framed on the wall and she was very surprised to see the bottle of bug spray that she had given him a few months back, still sitting on the wall shelf, at the corner of his room. With the purple ribbon still nicely intact, Joohyun could already assume that he hasn't used the bug spray, yet. Taehyung was probably the first person that she has come across, who'd display a can of bug spray on a shelf like it was a prized possession.

"Alright, take a look at this." -Taehyung pulled out a photo and passed it into her hands. "This was the very first photo I took of you. I can't recall what it was about but all I know was that you were pissed off at me. Hence the face."

In the photograph, Joohyun's eyes were half-open, her eyebrows furrowed angrily and her lips were tightened. Judging from the facial expression, she could already tell that it was a photograph Taehyung had captured while she was mid-nagging at him, one night. In that instant, her mind played back a memory of hers not too long ago, yelling at her housemate to keep his voice down while he was inconsiderately blasting his game audio out loud. Indeed, she was mortified realising that this has probably been the facial expression that Kim Taehyung sees on the daily, throughout the time they were arguing endlessly. A smile lifted up on her red-flushed face as she recalled all the squabbles that she used to have with Taehyung over the most trivial matters.

"I remembered this." -she chuckled coyly, shaking her head as she handed the photograph back to him. "I hated you a lot, back then. You used to be such a jerk to me."

"Wow, I didn't know that. Ouch. Really, Joohyun? Really?" -Taehyung asked sarcastically as he continued to look into the photographs in hand.
 "I wonder what changed the way you feel about me, though. That tiny bit of feeling you have." - he teased, lifting his head up just to give her a wink before shifting his attention back to the photographs.

"Ugh...Can I just...have a look at a photograph that won't make me underestimate your skills? The one you just showed me was totally the worst one yet." -she said, not allowing a chance for Taehyung to change the subject.

"Fine. I've got a lot that I like but this one's my ultimate favourite." -Taehyung said, showing her a picture he took last week of her gazing at the sunrise in awe.

One look at the photograph was all it took for Joohyun to remember the moment so vividly. Joohyun has always loved sky-gazing, especially during sunset or sunrise, where the sky would be painted in different shades of beautiful colours, pink, purple, orange, yellow, red. It has always been something that she found therapeutic and she was actually thankful to Kim Taehyung for taking her out for a walk and bringing her to one of the best views around their neighbourhood, that morning after he had unintentionally made her cry. Knowing that Taehyung has captured a picture of that day, keeping a frozen memory she never wants to forget, she was undoubtedly happy. 

"Hey, Taehyung..." -Joohyun lifted her gaze up from the photograph and turned to look at her housemate, "Can I keep this?" -she asked, 

"What? No!" 
Immediately snatching the photograph back from her, he said, "You can't have this. You can take the rest of these photographs if you want...just...not this one."

"Why not?" -Joohyun questioned in dissatisfaction, trying her best to snatch the photograph back from him but failed when he stretched his hand up, taking the photograph far from her reach. "It's a picture of me. There's no reason for you to keep it!"

"But this is my favourite shot of you!" -he argued, running about the room as Joohyun began to chase after him. "I took it with MY camera!"

"But you took it without MY consent!" -she asserted, jumping up in hopes she could reach for the photo in his hand, "I have every right to have it! Stop being selfish! I'll let you be the creep that you are and have the rest of the photos. Just let me have this one!"

"But you're not smiling like this in the rest of the photos that I have!" -Taehyung said sulkily, pointing his finger at her face in the photograph. Marching towards Joohyun until she starts pacing backwards,  he said, "Do you know how hard it is to take a picture of a person who has the most beautiful smile but hardly ever shows it?! Did you know how happy I was to find out that I could make you smile like that? Did you know how proud I was when I managed to capture it?"

Trapping her in between his arms against the work desk, Taehyung stared straight into her eyes, making her nervous not only with the proximity between them but also with the intense gaze he was giving her. Again, she found herself leaning back in hopes that Taehyung wouldn't get any more closer to her. All she wanted was the photograph of her with the sunset but she never expected him to get so worked up over the matter.

"Uhh...N-No..." -she hesitantly replied, "W-Wow...Does the photo really mean that much to you?"

"Every photo taken from my personal camera means a lot to me. You should be honoured." -he said before he steps back, sighed aloud and pushed his hair back in frustration, as if he was having a mental conversation with himself.
Turning back towards Joohyun's direction a moment later, he then said, "Fine. You can have that photograph...but only on one condition."

"Condition?"

"Promise me that you'd wear that smile more often, from this day on." -He said, "That's all I ask."

Joohyun was surprised at Taehyung's request that was demanding yet pretty simple to fulfil. No one has ever indirectly complimented her smile right to her face the way Taehyung did and she has never had anyone value-ing her smile as much as Taehyung apparently did. He was asking for it as if her smile was the hardest thing he could ever get, in life when he was literally the very reason behind them.

Taking the photo from his hand, Joohyun gave him a wink and teasingly said, "That shouldn't be a problem since I'm living with the person who's responsible for all of my smiles, lately."

Caught off-guard by her remark, Taehyung kept himself silent for a moment before he lets out a soft chuckle. He was trying his best to maintain his composure by laughing it off but from the way his cheeks have turned red, Joohyun could easily tell that he was flustered.

"What's so funny?"

"Bae Joohyun, by any chance, was that an attempt of you, trying to flirt with me?"

Giving Taehyung an insouciant shrug, she said, "Take a hint, Kim Taehyung. Anyway, I guess I broke one of the house rules, today. I should probably go and put in 10000 won in the penalty jar for stepping into your vicinity." -she said, finding reasons to leave his room as fast as possible.

Catching Joohyun's hands before she could even make her way to the door, Taehyung said, "Don't bother. Rules are meant to be broken."

"Rules are made to be followed." - she corrected him, pushing his hands away only to get pulled closer towards him.

"Oh, come on. We've already broken them together, way before this, Joohyun. In fact, I was the first to break them when I entered your room the night you got drunk."

"Wait a minute...you entered my room?" -Joohyun questioned, furrowing her eyebrows in wonder. 

"How else did you think you'd wake up on your bed, that morning?" -Taehyung asked, "I carried you in like a sleeping beauty. Anyway, I think these rules are stupid. What do you say if we just...bend them, from this day on? Hmm, let's see. We've already eaten each other's food, entered each other's rooms. Chores...Well, I think we've been fair to each other about that. How about having our friends over, some time?"

A little sceptical of Taehyung's idea, Joohyun said, "I'm having a bad hunch about this...but a sleepover with my girlfriends sounds tempting. I'll need to think this over and let you know."

"Take all the time you need, baby." 

"Ugh, don't call me that." - she winced, pushing him away from her before turning around to leave. 

"I know you secretly like it." -Taehyung said teasingly, 

"No, I don't." -Joohyun denied, walking out of the door with a shy smile, knowing that Taehyung wouldn't notice it. 

"How about babe? Babe~"

"Stop it, Taehyung~" -she said as she quickly closed his bedroom door shut.


<<------>>

Arriving an hour early at the photo shoot set, Kim Taehyung placed his bag down on a stool to start setting up his gears before the shoot begins. Apart from him, there were also other crews and teams who had arrived early to set the lightings, arrange the props and outfits, all busily preparing for the In-Trend magazine photo shoot. The day he dreadfully anticipated has finally arrived and all he wanted was to get it over and done with, as soon as possible. Even though he has come well prepared with all of his equ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter