Hate?

HouseMates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunday mornings meant sleeping in, for Kim Taehyung who had stayed up all night developing his films and editing photos in his bedroom-office. The sun had risen up, shining through the blinds, brightening up his bedroom but Taehyung was still in deep slumber, clinging onto his bolster like a koala.

Tossing his body around to the colder side of the bed, Taehyung's heavy eyes slowly lifted up as he lets out a yawn. He was not a light sleeper per say; A hurricane would pass by and he would still be in bed, dreaming away but something had awakened him that morning and it wasn't even the chirping sound of the birds outside or the brightness of the room. 

The air in the atmosphere was unusually aromatic and appetizing to smell. Squinting his eyes before he sat up with his hair unkempt, Taehyung stretched his arms out and tiredly sighed out loud before he rubbed his hands across his grumbling tummy. 

'She's cooking again...'

 

Lazily dragging himself out of bed, Taehyung shuffled his way to the door and walked out of his room to head to the kitchen.

It was not like he didn't know what Joohyun was up to. For the past two months he spent living together with the stranger, he had involuntarily memorized her tactics of getting back at him every time he pisses her off the night before. 

One of her many ways to get her revenge was to eat her extremely pleasant-smelling home-cooked meals in front of him, during breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The irresistibly delicious smell truly made him wonder what she has cooked for herself for breakfast, this time. As much as he'd like to keep his pride high and strong, he couldn't help but have a look on what was on Joohyun's menu, for the day. Getting a whiff of its aroma was more than enough to make him drool but he would always try not to show any signs of interest to whatever that was on her plate. 

"Morning, Kim Taehyung." -His housemate greeted him cheerfully with an annoying yet pretty smug on her face. "You're up so early."

"Bae Joohyun." -he replied her with a tone of disdain and shuffled his way to the cupboard where he hides his snacks from her.

Placing a bowl of piping hot porridge on the kitchen counter, Joohyun took a seat on the high chair and began to indulge in her hearty breakfast, happily swinging her legs back and forth as her eyes followed him around the kitchen. Dipping her spoon into the dish, she scoops a spoonful of porridge and lightly blew on it before she delicately took it into . 

"Mmmm~" -She hummed out loud, purposely exaggerating her expression towards her meal, right in front of Taehyung.

It truly satisfies her to see Taehyung's throat bobbing up and down and his lips as he watched her eat. It was agreed that he does not get to have a taste of the meals she cooks and she was using this opportunity to tempt him and rub it in his face. 

"Mmmm, this is so~ good." -She muttered out expressively, taking another spoonful of the porridge into . 

Honestly, Taehyung didn't know what vexed him the most, at that moment. The sound she was making, the way she was eating, the porridge that he knew he couldn't even have as much as he secretly wants to OR just Bae Joohyun herself.

He did not have the slightest bit of interest towards the lady but she always seems to have a way to arouse him with the little things she does.

"Could you stop that?" -Taehyung questioned in annoyance, taking out a cereal box out of the cupboard and a carton of milk from the fridge. "I get what you're trying to do but please...for the sake of every spirit hanging around in this house, stop making those sounds. It's honestly disturbing."

"What spirits? What sounds?" -Joohyun asked,

"Those obscene sounds you're making. Who the hell moans that loud over a bowl of porridge? Mmmm! Mmmm! Mmmm!" -he mimicked her, "I can't even begin to imagine how you would sound in bed." 

'Pffft!'

Joohyun sputtered the porridge out of upon hearing Taehyung's rude and direct remark. Taking a napkin on the table, she cleaned and turned her head towards him to give him the sharp fiery glare that Taehyung secretly adored. 

"Did you really have to go there?! I never asked you to imagine it, ert!" -She scowled,

"I don't even want to, honestly..."

"You're probably just sour that you're eating an eight years old's breakfast while I'm having a good meal like a proper adult, right here. That is probably why you found the need to diss me, like that." -she rolled her eyes at him, unconsciously stabbing her spoon into her bowl of porridge with a sullen look on her face.

"Cherry pie, if you think I'm jealous over a bowl of porridge, then you're terribly mistaken. I can always head over to Jin Hyung's anytime  I crave for a home-cooked meal. Good thing he lives right across of us." -Taehyung said, "That neighbour of mine cooks too and I feel a billion times safer eating his food than yours. By the way, happy two months."

Raising her eyebrows in wonder, Joohyun glanced up to look at him and asked, "Two months?" 

"Yes. It has been two months since you moved in and lived with Seoul's most wanted heartthrob, Kim Taehyung." -His obnoxiousness earned him yet another eye roll from Joohyun. "I thought you would know..." 

Ignoring Taehyung's shameless self-praise, Joohyun hopped out from the high stool to check on the magnet calendar she had placed on the fridge to check if what Taehyung said was true.

While her focus was fixated on the calendar, Taehyung took his chance to sneakily take a big spoonful of her porridge from her bowl and stuffed it into his mouth before she turned back around to look at him.

'Damn...this tastes good.'

"You're right. It has been exactly two months," -Joohyun said, appearing a little impressed, "Wow...You actually kept track on the dates, huh?"

"Of course." -Taehyung wept the corners of his lips to get rid of the evidence of his mischief. "So...How shall we celebrate today's special day, Ms Bae? By helping you pack your stuff and kicking you out of the house?" 

"How about... by burning you alive and sprinkling your ashes to the sea?" -She shot back. "Try again, Mr Kim. I'm not leaving this place and you can't make me." -she flashed out that attractive, expensive smug again.

Joohyun always had something better to say whenever he tries to get on her nerves. It felt like he can never win her in any argument.

"You know, Joohyun. You are the Monday of my life." -He said, exhaling heavily as he tried to keep his cool. "...Nobody likes Mondays."

"Good to know, Taehyung." -She smiled and resumed her meal. "...and Happy two months!"

'I hate this chic.'

'I hate this dude.'

<<------>>

Joohyun's no-plan Sunday was cancelled when her friends decided to have an impromptu meet-up at noon at their usual hang-out place, the Koya Cafe. 

As soon as breakfast was done, she returned to her room to find over a 100 messages on her phone, sent by her friends who were pestering her to join them.

In the beginning, she thought that she could give it a miss and stay home but then she saw no point in staying in if her housemate was going to bother her all day. So, for the first time in a very long while, Joohyun agreed to tag along. 


Randomly pulling out a white off-shoulder ruffled top and ripped jeans from her wardrobe, Joohyun went to get changed and prepare herself for her day out. Sitting in front of her vanity, she began to freshen her face up with light make-up and brighten up her look with a little colour on her lips. 

Finishing off with a few sprays of perfume on her neck and wrists, Joohyun was all set to leave. She did realise that her housemate has been oddly quiet throughout the past few hours she had spent getting herself ready.

Assuming that he was still butthurt about not getting a taste of her food, Joohyun gave a small celebratory fist pump to congratulate herself for successfully pissing him off without having to put as much effort as he did.

She was just about to leave her room when she smelled a strong scent of an expensive Men's cologne coming from Taehyung's door. Drifting her eyes towards its direction, she found him standing by his door buttoning his sleeves before he switched his lights off and got out of his room. 

'He's heading out too?'

Though he was styled-up eccentrically with a funky-coloured pair of glasses and printed top, Kim Taehyung somehow looked incredibly pleasant-looking to her eyes. 

'Hmm...Not too shabby.'


"Like what you're looking at, Ms Bae?" -Taehyung's deep voice instantly snapped her out of her daze.


Without her realising it, she had been blatantly gawking at him for a few seconds. It couldn't have mortified her more when he called her out like that. She quickly turned away and pretended to clear to save herself from her embarrassment.

Noticing her face turning red at his question, Taehyung chuckled and said, "Don't be shy. I'm used to it. As the ladies always say, Kim Taehyung is a full-course meal..." he said cockily, brushing the sides of his hair with his fingers, arrogantly. "One thing for sure, I'm not a meal you can afford. But it's fine for you, though. I mean...you could just settle for a bowl of porridge like the one you had earlier, so..."

"It's such a pity how all that unrelenting egotistical attitude of yours ruined everything." -She retorted, unconsciously flicking her hair to the back of her exposed shoulder in annoyance. "By the way, Mr Kim. A meal,  once eaten and digested, will turn into waste. So technically speaking, the end product is what you really are."

Taehyung was a little too busy admiring her in that outfit to get offended with whatever she had said to him. She had all of his attention when she flicked her hair with so much attitude, showing off her skin with that off-shoulder top she was wearing. Pursing his lips to hide his smile, Taehyung quickly diverted his gaze to the floor, being very careful not to get caught.

"Are you done insulting me?" -Taehyung asked,

"I'm never going to be done with you, Kim Tae-"

'Click'

He snaps a photo of her in his camera that came out of his pocket.

"Why do you always find the need to do that?" -She questioned, pacing up with him as he walked towards the main door where the shoe racks are. "Delete that. Hey!" -she gave him a light smack on the arms, "I said delete that! Kim Taehyung!"

"Bye. See you, later!" -he said, rushing out of the door and leaving her behind. 

"See you, never!" -she responded, making sure it was loud enough for him to hear.

 

<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter