A Tiny Bit

HouseMates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm not saying that I like him. I'm just saying that he's nice and sweet." -Joohyun said, using her right shoulder to hold her phone against her ears as she speaks. "Well, at least that's how he has been to me, lately..."

"Ooooo~Nice and sweet, huh? Whatever happened to "pesky" and "inconsiderate" Kim Taehyung? Hmm, I wonder~" 

"Oh, shut up Seulgi!" -she chuckled, cracking an egg in a bowl before whisking it lightly. "I know what I said before but impressions can change. I guess I just needed time to get to know him better."

"Mmhmm~"

"What? That's just it."

"Come on, Unnie. I know there's more to this than just...nice~ and sweet~ I need elaboration."

"What's there to elaborate?"

"Oh Come Onnn~~~"

While on the phone with her friend Seulgi, Joohyun was also busy preparing some brunch for herself in the kitchen, walking to and from the refrigerator and kitchen cabinet to get the utensils and ingredients she wanted to use. Being adults, it wasn't always easy to plan a meet up with her friends. Each of them had their own schedules to commit to and sometimes she could only afford to catch up with them through phone calls and text messages. Seulgi had only called to check up on her friend who has been oddly quiet in their group chats but their conversation had somehow unexpectedly turned to a 'gossip' session about Joohyun's housemate, Kim Taehyung. 
 
"Anyway, we went to catch the sunrise together, last week. I know it's nothing special...but I thought that was nice." -Joohyun said, smiling to herself as she poured the whisked egg into the heated frying pan.

"You mean like...through the window of your bedrooms? Pffftt...What's so special about that? Everybody wakes up to the sunrise."

"No, no. Ugh...I could really use some patience, talking to you." -Joohyun sighed, "We went out for a walk after midnight and he brought me to a place that had one of the best views of sunrise. The best that I've seen in my life, so far." -Joohyun helplessly gushed as she recalled the unforgettable scene of the sunrise she had seen a week ago.  

"No, he did not!"

"What?"

"Shut up!"

"I wasn't saying anything..."

"No wayyyyy!!!!!"

"Seulgi! Gosh, stop squealing for a moment, will you?! My ears are gonna turn deaf!" -Joohyun gasped, changing the phone to her left ear this time as she pours the whisked egg into the heated pan. "What are you getting so excited about? It's not a big deal."

 "You went out sun-gazing with a guy in the early hours of the morning and you're telling me it isn't a big deal?"

"It's not like that. Taehyung and I were just -"

"Could you please just admit that you do have a crush on him even if it's just a tiny bit? A teeny weeny little bit?"

"Gosh, Seulgi. You're so annoying. Well, if I admit, can we please not talk about him anymore?"

"Maybe?"

"Okay, then yes. Yes, I do have a crush on him...BUT just a tiny bit, alright? There, I said it." -Joohyun casually confessed, turning around towards the kitchen counter with a plate. "Are you satisfied now  - Oh, My!" -she jolted and gasped at the sight of Kim Taehyung leaning on his arms right across of her at the kitchen counter. 

"Hello? Hello~~Unnie, are you still there? What just happened?"

"Uh..."-Joohyun gulped, taking the phone into her hand and said, "Seulgi, I'm gonna have to call you back later. Bye," - she hangs up immediately.

Too engaged with the phone call, Joohyun didn't even notice that Taehyung has been standing around the kitchen, casually listening to her talk as he watched her. Her heart almost dropped when she turned around and lifted her eyes up only to meet Taehyung's gaze and smile. Having absolutely no idea on how much Taehyung has heard since he came over to the kitchen, Joohyun was already internally freaking out. 

"Taehyung!" -she lifted up a nervous smile, barely able to hide her anxiousness. "H-How long have you been standing there?"

Tapping his fingers against the marble counter, Taehyung shrugged then said, "I don't know...I don't always keep check of the time wherever I am. Why does it matter?...and why is your face so red?"

"No, it's not."

"I'm not lying. Take a look at yourself in the mirror. You're a tomato." -he chuckled,

Pressing her palms against her cheeks, Joohyun tries her best to keep herself composed and resume whatever she was doing earlier. She couldn't be too sure if Taehyung has actually overheard her conversation with Seulgi but his nonchalant behaviour was slowly convincing her that he did not. Still, the idea of Kim Taehyung finding out the truth about her feelings towards him truly sends her into a cold sweat. She was not planning to make her feelings known and even if she did, this was certainly not the way she wanted Taehyung to find out.
 
"You're acting a little suspicious..." -Taehyung said, furrowing his eyebrows at her unsettled behaviour as he grabbed an apple from the fruit basket, "Is there something wrong?"

"No." -she immediately answered before she lets out a loud exhale and turned around to look at him, "Uh...Taehyung, did you...umm...d-did you hear anything, earlier on?"

"Hear what?" -he asked,

"My uhmm...phone conversation with Seulgi."

"Was I...supposed to hear anything?" -he asked as he takes a large bite out of the apple in his hand and leaned against the kitchen cabinet. 

"N-No..." -Joohyun replied with an apparent nervousness in her tone. "...but did you or did you not hear anything I said over the phone, earlier on?"

"Not if you didn't want me to." -He said, giving Joohyun a wink as he takes another bite out of his apple and walked out of the kitchen.

"Okay, cool." -Joohyun shrugs, turning away only to turn back around with a look of panic on her face, "Wait...what's that supposed to mean?"


<<------>>


"So you're telling me that she actually likes you? Like...like you? The 'I'm attracted to you' kind of 'like you'?" -Park Jimin's voice echoed down from the kitchen.

"Just a tiny bit, apparently." -Taehyung said, crossing his legs as he sits on Jimin's comfortable leather sofa.

That afternoon after work, Taehyung and the boys decided to drop by Jimin's for a dinner night, a monthly routine that he'd always have with his friends. Normally, the boys would take turns to host gatherings at their apartment and Taehyung's abode used to be their favourite since it was the most spacious as compared to theirs. Unfortunately, ever since he had himself a housemate, his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter