Future and Five

HouseMates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Intimacy certainly did not stop as soon as the couple returned back from their one-week vacation. Both Taehyung and Joohyun were equally needy and it had come to a point where neither of them needed to ask if the other was in the mood. As soon as one initiated it, the other would willingly allow it. Every cuddle would somehow turn into a make-out that would eventually lead them into a room on a bed, making love. 

Three months passed soon after and their relationship was still burning alive. They were getting a little more romantic each day that their public display of affection, at most times, sickens their friends who would often catch them having a hot make-out somewhere in the room everytime one of them holds a gathering. No one could ever stop the lovebirds from getting all over each other until one rainy night, on a Friday evening where they were rudely interrupted by an unexpected guest in the midst of their lovemaking at their own home.

Joohyun had Taehyung pinned beneath her, sinking him down on the mattress as she smashed her lips against his ones, entwining his tongue with hers. Her fingers tangled around his soft hair as she grinds on him, making him groan with pleasure and grasp her hips tight. They were having an intense make-out, both getting drowned in lust at the moment when the doorbell suddenly rang, disrupting their night. They ignored the first two rings thinking that the person at the door would eventually go away upon receiving no answer. It was only until they heard their names being called out loud by familiar voices they recognized that they immediately forced themselves to stop what they were doing.

Breaking away from the heated kiss, both Joohyun and Taehyung gave each other a look of shock, wondering who their visitor was, that night. 

"Did you hear that?" -Joohyun asked, trying to catch her breath as she speaks, "That voice sounds familiar to me."

"Too familiar, it's hard to ignore." -Taehyung's chest heaved rapidly in heavy pants, "Damn it, can't we catch a break?"

Immediately getting off from her boyfriend, Joohyun hurriedly picked up her clothes that were on the floor and put it back on. Meanwhile, Taehyung who only had his briefs on quickly grabbed his jeans slipped it on and went out of the room to check on the door and find out who had decided to interrupt their moment, that night.

When he pressed a button on the intercom, the screen displayed the face of a pair of a couple he recognized. Immediately sprinting into his room, Taehyung quickly gestured for Joohyun to pass him his shirt. 

"It's Minho and Yoona." -Taehyung whispered, hastily putting his shirt on as soon as Joohyun threw it into his hand from the other edge of the bed.

"Okay...but why are we whispering?" -Joohyun asked, wearing her pants as quickly as possible before tying her hair up neatly in a ponytail. 

"I don't want them to find out what we were up to..." -Taehyung said, "It has been a while. They don't know that we've been violating the rules we made in this house. Just try to act normal. I'll go open the door."

Running back to the entryway, Taehyung briefly fixed his hair before he unlocked the door and welcomed their landlord in, greeting them casually as Joohyun made her way to the living room to pretend that she has been lounging on the sofa before they entered. 

"Hey, Hyung! It has been a while since you last visited us. Come in!" -Taehyung smiled, ushering the couple into the house.

"What took you so long to answer the door?" -Minho asked, taking a look around as he entered the house. 

"Uh, I was in the bathroom and Joohyun was...uh..." -Taehyung's eyes diverted towards the living area before saying, "Too occupied with her tv show to bother answering the door, I guess."

"I assume that everything has been good, so far." -Yoona said, "You've been paying your rent on time and there hasn't been a single complain that I've heard from Joohyun. The two of you have been oddly quiet for months so we just thought we could come over to check up on you guys."

"Uh yeah. That...and also because we've got something we'd like to discuss with the both of you." -Minho gave Taehyung a half-smile, giving him a look that hinted him their discussion was probably going to be a serious one.

"Who is it, Taehyung?" -Joohyun's voice echoed down from the living room, feigning cluelessness as she peeked a look at the door.

"It's Minho Hyung and his wife!" -Taehyung responded before turning back to his guest and said, "Why don't we have the discussion in the living room?"

"Sure." -Minho smiled before awkwardly whispering into Taehyung's ears, "You might want to zip your pants."

"Oh...uh...I-I-was- I didn't -I"

"Save it, sweetie. We already know about you two..." -Yoona winked.

<<------>>

Chatters about the inconsequential things about their lives were exchanged among the four friends over drinks and biscuits for over half an hour. After a few laughs and jokes were shared, Minho and his wife finally decided that it was time they talk about the matter they needed to address concerning their tenants. It was something they were both initially a little afraid to speak about knowing that it would possibly cause disagreements or unhappiness to either Taehyung or Joohyun but they knew it was better to inform them on the matter earlier. 

"So...umm...the two of you have been the best tenants we've ever had, so far and I believe that you have both been getting along really well. A little too well, it seems like...and we're happy to know that." -Yoona said, nudging her husband's arm as she flashed out an awkward smile on her face.

"As much as we appreciate having you as our tenants, we'd like you to understand that some circumstances in life are inescapable and when it happens, compromises have to be made..." -Minho said, letting out a deep sigh before he continued, 


"My wife and I will be migrating to Japan, in about a year's time. We have been running a business over there and it has been doing really, really well. As our business is expanding, we thought that it would be convenient for us to be there to manage it and after much consideration, we've made the sensible decision to reside in Tokyo permanently. With that being said...my wife and I have both agreed and come into a hard decision that we will not be renewing your lease anymore as soon as it ends, and that is...exactly about eight months from now."

"After your lease ends, we're planning to put this house on sale." -Yoona elaborated, "The good news is that we have found both of you a few great apartments for rent around the area. If you're keen, you can just call us up and we'll help to make arrangements for you to meet the landlord...but it's perfectly fine if you prefer to find an apartment on your own."

There was complete silence in the room as the four of them exchanged glances with each other from across the table. Knowing how much this home meant to Joohyun, Taehyung found it really hard to see how her bright smile had turned upside down and how she was trying hard to keep her emotions in check. 

Diverting his gaze towards Minho, Taehyung asked, "If I may ask. How much are you planning to sell this place, Hyung?"

"Well, we're currently putting it at 550 million won, at the moment." -He replied,

"Wow..." -Joohyun gave them a faint smile and shook her head, "I certainly can't afford it. Not in eight months. I guess I'm left with no choice. I'm just going to have to find a new place to rent. It's just a little unfortunate because I have only begun to develop an attachment to this house. This was my first rented apartment in Seoul."

"I know how much you love this place. I'm truly sorry, Joohyun." -Yoona sighed, giving her a look of guilt as she places her palm over Joohyun's hand.

"No, it's fine." -Joohyun feigned a smile, "If it's anything, I'm glad that you've informed us about it earlier."

"Right. Uhm...that is all that we needed to inform you. It was hard for us to have to break the news to you but..."

"It's really fine..." -Taehyung said, giving Minho a faint smile, "We understand." 

"Okay. So umm...it's late, now. I guess we'll take our leave." -Minho stood up before he held his hand out to exchange a bro-hug with Taehyung. 

"We apologize for coming on such short notice, tonight. We really didn't mean to interrupt your evening." -Yoona said, exchanging a cheek kiss with Joohyun before she made her way to the front door.

"Oh, don't worry about it. You weren't interrupting anything at all." -Joohyun smiled, 

"The lipstick stain on Taehyung's neck is saying 'Don't lie, Joohyun'. Have a good night, you two." -Yoona winked then chuckled before she exits the door with her husband.

Instantly turning red, Joohyun buried her face in her hands as Taehyung closed the door as soon as they've said their goodbyes to their guests. Making their way back into the living room, Taehyung made Joohyun sit next to him as they began to discuss on their plans to move out before the date that Minho has set for them to leave.

Taehyung naturally pulled Joohyun into his embrace and wrapped his arms around her knowing that she was upset with the fact that she had to let go of the house in about a year's time. the sides of her head, he asked, 

"Are you alright?" 

"Yea..." -Joohyun nodded, blinking her eyes a couple of times in an attempt to resist herself from tearing up. "I'm fine. Don't worry about it. It's just the thought of starting it all over is dreading me, already. We've only talked about this about four months back and it's...finally happening. Can't believe this is happening so soon."

"It's alright. We'll find a place as soon as possible and -"

"I don't really want to leave this place, Taehyung. I was already planning on extending my lease but...they came with the bad news...and I- " -Joohyun cuts him off as she buried her face into his chest. Tearing up, she said, "I know it has only been a year and a few months for me but I don't want to leave just yet. This place brought us together. We did so many things here. It that I have to let it go so soon. Damn it. Why am I getting so emotional?"

"Hey, come on now..." -Taehyung gently her back to calm her down upon hearing Joohyun's shaky voice, "It's alright. When we move into a new place, we can create new memories, over there. I've kept all of the best days we've spent here, in photographs. We can always look back on them and relive our favourite moments again."

Joohyun sniffled and wept her tears away with her fingers as she climbed up onto Taehyung's lap and cups his face into her hands, "You always have a way to calm my heart down with your words. I know that I'll be fine as long as I'm with you but...I think I'll need some time to allow myself to accept the fact that this house was never mine to keep. Maybe in a few years, once we've saved enough, we can finally afford to purchase this place together."

"Sure. Let's make that happen, baby." -Taehyung smiled, helping Joohyun wipe off the tear stains on her cheeks before pulling her chin towards him for a kiss. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

<<------>>

The next morning, Kim Taehyung woke up to ten missed phone calls and a text message from his mother who had inform

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter