Tiff

HouseMates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun furiously slammed her mug down, curling her fingers around its handles and gripping them hard as soon as she was done chugging her drink. was parched from all the yelling that went on in Kim Taehyung's room just about 15 minutes ago before she left his room to cool herself down in the kitchen with ice water and she was trying her best to contain her anger.

Coming home slightly cranky after a long, horrible day at work with her boss Minhyuk deliberately picking on her and magnifying her flaws at a meeting in front of her colleagues, Joohyun's evening wasn't going quite great, for a start. She was well aware that bringing home her repressed anger from work is not a healthy practice and taking it out on someone, specifically Taehyung, who has nothing to do with it, was absolutely wrong.

However, just as she thought her day couldn't get any worse, she came home only to get herself into a heated argument with her boyfriend over something she never really thought would bother her that much. Apparently, while Taehyung was taking a shower that evening, Joohyun had entered his room and chanced upon photographs of him and his ex-girlfriend, Min Ha Na, from back when they were dating, laid out on his work-desk. 

There was one of him kissing Ha Na's cheeks, one of them kissing each other on the lips and a lot more cheesy, couple-y pictures that were quite similar to the photographs which Taehyung had taken of her, lately. The particular one that had actually made Joohyun absolutely vexed was an incredibly hot, racy photograph of Min Ha Na in nothing but a translucent oversized shirt cloaked on her body.

Of course, Joohyun knew that both Ha Na and Taehyung must've shared a deeper level of intimacy in the past throughout the five years of relationship and she did not have a problem with knowing that she was not his 'first'. However, she couldn't help but feel extremely annoyed looking at the photographs that were somehow surprisingly still in Taehyung's possession even when it has been two years since he broke up with Ha Na. 

Joohyun was never the type of girl who gets easily jealous nor does she ever had any trust issues with her boyfriend, at all. Unfortunately, the emotional irritability suppressed within her that day was just a little too much that she actually blew up at Taehyung. It has been quite a while since she had last gotten herself into a fight with Taehyung over something trivial and this one was, by far the best one yet.

Joohyun threw Taehyung a hateful piercing gaze as Taehyung entered the kitchen with a look of annoyance and the photographs in hand. She knew that he was probably going to resume their argument again because he never liked losing to one and she was already too exhausted to participate.

"I wasn't done talking to you, back there! Did you really have to walk out on me, like that?!" -Taehyung questioned, feeling a little annoyed when she didn't bother to respond to him.
"So, you're just going to ignore me, now? You wanted an explanation and I have given it to you! They were just photos that I found this morning, while I was cleaning up the room! I swear I didn't even know I still had them! I really thought I've thrown them all away! Trust me!"

"Hmm...I wonder why it was laying on the desk, then...the very place in your room where you spend most of your time at..." -Joohyun sighed and pushed her hair back in annoyance, looking at the photographs that were already crumpled in his hands as she walked right past him to leave the kitchen. "Maybe you should just frame them up if you're still obsessing over her. Why are you so afraid to admit it?"

"I'm not obsessing over - Damn it! Now you're jumping to conclusions! So you really want to start a fight about this, don't you?!"-Taehyung furiously questioned, "Go ahead, then! We've got all night!"

"I don't want to talk about this anymore!" -She shouted right into his face and stormed towards her bedroom. "You're sleeping in your own room, tonight. !"

"What did you just -"

BAM!

Taehyung shuddered at the slamming sound of the door. Crumpling the photographs a little harder in his hands, Taehyung tossed them into the trashcan furiously then grunted out loud in frustration. He made his way towards Joohyun's bedroom door, bringing his hands up to give it a knock only to pause and rethink if he should. He definitely did not wish to make Joohyun any more upset than she already was, at the moment but he really didn't want to be sleeping alone. Apart from that, he hated letting a fight drag on overnight and leave it unresolved.

Hesitantly knocking the door, Taehyung said, "Hey, babe...I know you're mad but...can't we just-"

The door opened before Taehyung could even complete his sentence. Just as he was about to take a step back, Joohyun threw his pillows to his face, then slammed the door shut again before he could stop her from closing it.

"Yah! Joohyun!"

"Leave me alone!"

"I still think that we should talk this out but..." -he sighed, realising that it was pointless to speak when Joohyun is blatantly ignoring him. "...G-Goodnight. I still love you..."


<<------>>


"So you just lash out at him without asking why he had the photos?" -Yerim asked her currently distressed friend, Joohyun, who hasn't gotten any sleep last night, re-evaluating her behaviour towards Taehyung.

"Alright, to be fair, he did explain why the photographs were there...but I guess I was just too mad that I couldn't act rationally. I just..."

"You got into a fit?"

"Pretty much..."

"I wouldn't blame you. I mean..." -Yerim shrugged, "I would've done much worse if I find some saucy photographs of Jungkook with another girl in his room. Even if it's from a long time ago. Like...why does he still keep them? Is he still in love with her? What am I, then?"

"Right? So you get me."

"Totally."

<<------>>


"I don't get you, man. Why the heck didn't you get rid of the photographs before she comes back from work?" -Jungkook questioned, 

"How in the world would I have known that she'd come into my room the second she gets home? Besides, I didn't think it was going to be that bad. It's really not like Joohyun to get jealous over these little things. She knew that I'm completely over Ha Na...I've made that point clear, countless of times before." -Taehyung sighed, massaging the bridge of the nose as he lamented to his friend, 

"Yet, she was going on and on about how I'm not over my ex-girlfriend and how I'm only using her as a temporary place of emotional comfort until Ha Na comes back around. She even threw the photographs to my face and walked out on me while I was talking...and I tried to talk it out again only to get called an and had pillows thrown to my face...and now we're not even speaking to each other. She didn't even say goodbye when she left for work this morning...and she's been ignoring my calls and text messages, all day."

"It's only 12 noon. It hasn't even been a whole day yet. Damn, you need to chill out..." -Jungkook shook his head at the way Taehyung was exaggerating his worries. "Maybe Joohyun's just afraid that you were still holding on to your past relationship memories or something. It kinda made you look like you haven't moved on, to be honest. Would you be upset if you found out that she still keeps photos of her with her ex-boyfriend?"

Reflecting on Jungkook's question, Taehyung heaved out a sigh then said, "I guess...but I would most probably ask before jumping into conclusions."

"Alright, look. If you really want to know what she's up to right now...well...she's having lunch with Yeri. They're having some...I don't know, pies, I guess." -he muttered as he squints while looking at his phone closely. "They're eating blissfully and here you are, stressing about how you're not getting your text messages entertained. Just give her some space to cool down a little and she'll be fine."

"And how the hell would you know that she's eating pie, right now?" -Taehyung asked, giving Jungkook a look thinking he was making everything up. 

"Well, let's see. I did this thing where I texted my girlfriend to ask what she was up to and my girlfriend actually replied," -Jungkook just had to rub it in Taehyung's face, showing the screen of his phone with his and Yeri's text messages on them. "Shall I add on that Yeri also sent me a selfie without me having to ask for one? Ah...she's sweet. Have you gotten any from your girlfriend, yet?"

"Shut up."

"Oh, I forgot. She's ignoring you~"

"Can I hit you in the face, right now? Wait, why am I even asking you for permission?"


<<------>>

Noticing how Kim Yerim was chuckling at her phone mid-conversation, Joohyun asked, "What's funny?"

"It's Jungkook..." -Yerim smiled, "He told me that Taehyung's been sulking all morning because of you and Taehyung almost killed him 'cause he was jealous that I'm replying to his text messages and you're not replying to your boyfriend's"

"Ugh...whatever." -Joohyun grimaced at Yerim's claim, refusing to believe her.

"You might want to reply to your boyfriend, right now 'cause I won't hesitate to kill him if Jungkook comes home tonight with bruises on his face." -Yerim sweetly threatened her prideful friend, "You don't want me to hurt your precious Taehyung, do you?"

"That's none of my business. Besides, Taehyung would never hurt your precious Jungkook..." -Joohyun sighed, still refusing to entertain Taehyung's messages as well as her friend. "OW! YAH, KIM YERIM!" -Joohyun shrieked when she received a kick on the leg from her friend.

"Oop, sorry. That's for the punch Taehyung gave Jungkook about a minute ago." -Yerim said as her fingers kept scrolling on her phone. 

"And how would you know that?!" -Joohyun questioned, 

"He just sent me a blurry photo of Taehyung's fist on his face!" -Gasping as soon as she received another text from Jungkook, she lifted her eyes off her phone screen and glared at Joohyun, "Your crazy boyfriend is putting Jungkook in a headlock, now! Does he always get this violent when he gets jealous?!"

"How the hell would I know?!"

"You're his girlfriend! You ought to know!"

"He's nowhere near vi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter