Mishap

HouseMates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Laying on top of Bae Joohyun's lap, Kim Taehyung wallowed himself in the comfort of her fingers caressing his hair as they watch one of their favourite movies together on the tv, in the living room. It was a stay-home Sunday for the couple who didn't feel like doing anything but laze around in their living room, locked in each other's embrace, that night. As much as Taehyung liked being out and about with his girlfriend and do actual activities together, he would never have a problem staying in on nights where Joohyun was feeling slothful as he knew that he'd get all the attention he wants from her, all evening.

He loved being spoiled by Joohyun's affection whenever they're together, just the two of them alone. He loved how Joohyun would start to get bored and trace her fingers down his face, outlining his features and tell him what she finds attractive about them. He loved how her lips would randomly start kissing his face and how her eyes gleam beautifully when she looks at him and their gazes locked. He also loved the way her lips curved into a coy smile when she gets shy and looks away. He especially enjoyed when her delicate fingers start to work on his fluffy hair, caressing him therapeutically. Whenever Joohyun's hands stop his head, Taehyung would let out a soft whine and take her hand back on his head, pleading for her to resume brushing his hair with her fingers.

He indulged in the littlest things Joohyun does subconsciously, out of habit and sometimes he'd even ask for more.

"Babe~ don't stop." -Taehyung pouted, taking her hands to his head, "Keep doing that. I love it when you do that thing you do with your fingers."

"Gosh, you're so needy." -Joohyun chuckled, looking down at him lovingly.

"Is it wrong of me to crave a little more attention from my sweetheart?"

"No, it's not." -Joohyun said, squishing his cheeks, "...but I don't want to spoil you too much. You'll get sick of me too soon."

"I don't think I'll ever get sick of you, baby." -Taehyung smiled, repositioning his head on her lap to a more comfortable angle, "Anyway, the boys and I are planning to go on a road trip next weekend. That would mean that I'll be away from you for two days. I'm going to miss you a lot so...this is my chance to spend my night getting all the attention I need from you before I leave."

"You've been so clingy with me, lately. I can't help but feel like something's wrong with you." -Joohyun said, giving him a concerned look as she gently the sides of his head.

"I'm just dreading the idea of being apart from you for too long." -Taehyung sighed,

"It's only going to be two days, baby." -Joohyun laughed, "You're making it sound like we're going to be apart for months. I bet you'd forget about missing me once you're with your friends."

"Hey, that's not true. You've always been on my mind since the first day we met. You're on my mind when I'm at work. You're on my mind even when I'm asleep and even right now as we're talking, you're sitting on my mind. You'll be on my mind wherever I go." -Taehyung said, "Will you be missing me too while I'm gone for two days?"

"Are you kidding me? I get to spend two days away from my overly-attached boyfriend. It's freedom for me and my girlfriends. We're going to have ladies' night while you boys are away. It's going to be so much fun!" -Joohyun squealed, clapping her hands excitedly. 

Noticing how Taehyung was already curling his lips into a pout and folding his arms across his chest, Joohyun immediately broke into a fit of laughter. She loved teasing him and pulling his leg because the reaction she was going to get out of him would always be priceless. However, knowing how sulky Taehyung can get when he gets jealous, she knew she had to quickly make up for messing with him that way. 

"I'm just kidding, baby." -She giggled before she smothered his face with kisses, "The girls and I will be having a sleepover at Seungwan's while you're gone. It's only going to be a night made up of pillow fights, movies, gossips and popcorns. I promise."

Catching her face into his hands, Taehyung said,  "I know it's only going to be two days. You can call me clingy but I'm really going to miss you, Joohyun."

"I'll miss you too, Taehyung." -She smiled.

<<------>>

Little did Joohyun and her friends know, the weekend she was going to spend with her girlfriends that night was about to be one of the most unforgettable and scarring nights of their lives as much as it was for the guys. 

Joohyun and the girls were dancing and screaming lyrics of their favourites songs on the bed, having what she would consider the best sleepover she has ever had with them, that night. Jumping and falling off from the beds, acting silly and goofing around with her best friends reminded her of their younger, innocent days when their lives were worry-free.
It was a fun-filled night full of laughter and unhealthy snacks and the girls were all having a good time until their friend Seungwan barged through the door with a panic-stricken look on her face and shaking hands.

"Seungwan?" -Joohyun pressed the pause button to the song that was blasting on the speakers in the room. "What's wrong?"

"You look like you've just seen a ghost." -Sooyoung remarked, immediately walking over to her pale-looking friend who hasn't said a single word. "What happened?"

"N-Namjoon called..." -Her voice tremored, "The boys got into an accident. Their jeep collided with a skidding flatbed truck on the freeway. They're all at the hospital, right now."

"WHAT?!" -Her friends exclaimed, synchronously.

<<------>>

When the girls arrived at the hospital, they found Kim Namjoon sitting at the waiting area with a bandaged palm and knee while Jung Hoseok and Min Yoongi were quietly seated next to each other with a few scratches on their arms and faces. Their injuries didn't look too serious but the traumatized look in each of their faces was enough for the girls to know that the accident was really bad. The fact that only three of them were around only made the girls worry about the other friends who were not in sight. 

"Where's Jimin?" -Seulgi asked worryingly, already on the verge of tears hoping that her boyfriend was alright. "Where's the rest of your friends?"

"Jimin fractured his leg real bad. He's currently getting treated." -Namjoon sighed, "Seokjin landed on his front and he's having chest injuries. The doctor's checking on him. They said that he's probably going to get warded for a few days. Taehyung and Jungkook..." he paused. 

"What happened to them?" -Joohyun questioned anxiously,

"No. Please don't tell me it's bad. Please don't tell me it's bad." -Yerim was already breaking into tears, waiting for Namjoon to continue. 

"MY FRIENDS - YOU NEED TO SAVE -LET ME GO!" 

Park Jimin's screeching voice echoed down the emergency room hallway, shocking every one of his friends who were seated at the waiting area. 

"What's happening? Why is Jimin yelling like that?!" -Seulgi questioned,

"The paramedics found Jungkook and Taehyung unconscious, at the scene but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter