Of Pizzas and Pasta

HouseMates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It wasn't quite a pleasant morning for Bae Joohyun to have woken up with a fuddled brain as a result of having one too many drinks, last night. After a refreshing shower, Joohyun headed straight to the kitchen to get herself some aspirin, hoping that it could help relieve her hangover. She then chugs on a tall glass of mineral water to wash down the alcohol that was still in her system. 

Heaving out a groggy sigh, rested her arms against the kitchen counter, anxiously tapping her fingers on the flat marble surface as she tries to remember what went down at the club before her mind went pitch black. She couldn't help but wonder how she ended up laying on her bed when the last memory she had of last night was the loud music, the dance floor and bright neon lights.

The next thing she knew, she woke up in her bedroom that morning with a splitting headache, looking like she had survived a typhoon, overnight. Recalling Taehyung telling her that she had given him a hard time, Joohyun could only imagine how mortifying her behaviour was while she was very sozzled.

She was desperate to find out what really happened at the club to have Taehyung behaving weirdly around her all morning but she was also a little too embarrassed to ask him, herself. Her anxiousness about the whole matter only worsened when she unexpectedly received text messages from each of her friends, checking up on Taehyung and asking her if he was alright when she was supposedly the person that they should be concerned about. After all, she was the person who had completely passed out, that night. Not Kim Taehyung. 

She had tried to dig for details on last night's occurrence from her girlfriends but they refused to spill a word and insisted on her finding it out from him, herself.

<<------>>

"Umm...T-T-Taehyung..."

After spending about two hours of contemplating, Joohyun finally and timidly approached her housemate who was seated in the living room, occupied with his camera lenses and gadgets at the moment.

Judging from Taehyung's odd behaviour since morning, Joohyun was in distress, wondering if she had unintentionally offended him when she was under the influence of alcohol. Knowing that she couldn't go on with her day without finding out what she had done last night, she had no other choice but to let her pride down and get her curiosity answered by the man who had brought her home himself, Kim Taehyung. 

"What..." -He gave her an absent reply, with his eyes still fixated on the camera lens in his hands.

Hesitantly taking a seat next to him on the sofa, she grabbed a cushion and hugged it across her chest, anxiously shaking her legs as she mentally composed questions she wanted to ask, in her head.

"Taehyung," -she called his name a little louder and more confidently, this time.

"Do you really like my name that much till you have to say it twice?" -Taehyung asked, still not giving her his full attention. "What is it?"

Rolling her eyes at his response, Joohyun quickly proceeded to ask, "C-Could you tell me what exactly happened at the club, last night?"

Finally diverting his gaze from his camera equipment, Taehyung hesitated for about five seconds before he answered, "Haven't I told you, already? You out..."

"Well, yeah...but you've also mentioned that I gave you a hard time...so...I was just wondering if I did something really...umm I don't know...crazy...before I out?"

Breaking into soft chuckles, Taehyung shook his head and said, "Isn't crazy like...your personality?"

"Taehyung..." 

"Third time already...You seriously have a thing for my name don't you?" -Taehyung asked, deliberately annoying her with his teasing. 

"You know what? Forget it..." Annoyed, Joohyun tossed the cushion towards him and stood up on her feet to leave, refusing to waste another second in the living room with him if he was not going to tell her what she wanted to know. 

"Alright, alright, alright. Crankypants...I was just messing with you..." -Taehyung sighed, casually catching her wrist before she could walk away.

Immediately pulling her hand away from his grasp, Joohyun folded her arms across her chest and narrowed her eyes at him before looking away sullenly.

"So...you wanted to know what you did, last night..." -Taehyung muttered, leaning his back to rest against the sofa as he lets out a long sigh, "Well..." 

Laying his head back, Taehyung zoned out for a moment as he allowed his mind to play a flashback of the chaos that went down at the club.

...

Carrying Joohyun up wasn't much of a hassle for him. Right after Joohyun had face-planted to the floor, Taehyung easily lifted her up back on her feet and placed her arm over his shoulder to support her weight before he sat her down on a chair.

What came next was the craziness that Taehyung had to tolerate through the night. He was gently tapping Joohyun's face to get her to regain her consciousness when she unexpectedly pounced at him and run her fingers through his soft hair. Then she grabs a handful of it and yanked it hard enough to cause Taehyung to yelp in agony.

"Argh!!! Aarghh!!" -He shrieked helplessly at the strong grip of Joohyun's hands, pulling onto his hair. "Bae Joohyun! Let go!"

"Oh my gosh! Unnie!"

Thankfully, one of her friends, Seungwan, returned from the dancefloor right in time to barge in to the situation, immediately pulling Joohyun away before she could assault Taehyung further.

"Get a hold of yourself, Unnie! Geez!" -Seungwan chides, struggling to contain her friend. As she turned and look over at Taehyung, she said, "I am so sorry. Joohyun here tends to get a little...aggressive...when she's drunk."

"I'm not drunk!"- Joohyun denied the very obvious as she kept reaching her hands out at Taehyung to grab him again, "This pudding-head right here is trying to ruin my fun!"

"Pudding-Head?! Ow!" -Taehyung shrieked again when Joohyun's hand briefly hits him on the cheek.

"Woah, Woah, Woah...What's going on here?" -Taehyung's friend, Yoongi, immediately walked over towards the small commotion at the corner of the club that was drawing quite an attention from the other patrons.

Upon noticing how Taehyung was being assaulted by a heavily drunken lady, Yoongi knew that he had to intervene and help his friend out. It was his nightclub after all and he was responsible for maintaining the place's reputation. The last thing he would ever want to allow to happen that night was for them to cause a scene and chase the other patrons away.

"Taehyung, who are these people? Are they with you? Do I need to call my guys to get them out of here?" -Yoongi asked, already signalling for two bouncers to come over to the scene.

"No, no, no, no, no." -Taehyung said, quickly pulling Joohyun towards him. "There is no need for that. She is my - Argh! Ow! Ow! Ow!"

He shrieked again when Joohyun began to pinch his cheeks very roughly, stretching and squishing them in the palms of her hands as if they were foam toys. Both Yoongi and Seungwan had tried to pull the two of them away from each other but Joohyun wouldn't stop tormenting Taehyung's cheeks and Taehyung, on the other hand, didn't even try to stop her at all. 

"You..." -Joohyun slurred, squinting and blinking her eyes a few times as she studies his face very closely, "You look exactly like that baboon I'm living with. Kim...Kim...Tae...What's his name again?"

Widening her eyes and gasping at the words Joohyun had just uttered out of , Seungwan covered her face in second-hand embarrassment before she quickly pulled Joohyun away from Taehyung again.

"Unnie!" 

"What - Did you just forget my name? Wait! No! What did you just call me?!" -Taehyung was slightly mad that Joohyun couldn't recall his name but what truly offended him more was the animal that Joohyun had audaciously described him to be."Baboon?!"

"Well, congratulations. You've dug your own grave, Unnie!!" -Seungwan grumbled in whispers before she turned towards Taehyung and flashed out a fake grin on her face, "Uhm...she calls everyone that when she's drunk. Please don't take it personal." -Seungwan attempts to reason with him again to save her friend. 

"Well, she can call whoever whatever she wants, for all I care." -Yoongi deadpanned, "I just need her to leave if she's going to cause a ruckus at my place and I highly suggest for either one of you to take her out now before I get my guys to do it for me. Taehyung, you heard me. Get her out of here."

Wasting no time, Taehyung hoisted Joohyun up onto his shoulder and carried her out of Yoongi's club. He knew that Yoongi was not one who would tolerate such nuisance around his area. If Joohyun really had to leave, he'd rather take her out himself than letting any of Yoongi's bouncers lay their hands on her. Like a kid on a tantrum, Joohyun who was being carried like a sack of potatoes began to punch Taehyung's back and kick her legs up, ordering him to put her down. Tightening his arms around her thighs, Taehyung made sure that he wouldn't drop her as he safely made his way to the exit. Pacing up with Taehyung was her friend, Seungwan, wearing a look of worry on her face as she followed him out with Joohyun's purse on her right hand and using her left to consciously ensure that her friend doesn't fall off from Taehyung's strong arms. 

"Hey, are you sure you're going to be alright with her?" -Seungwan asked, feeling a little guilty that Taehyung had to leave the party earlier to take her friend home. "I mean...I don't mind sending her home too, you know. Just gotta to warn you, Joohyun can be a little difficult." 

"It's fine." -Taehyung insisted, gripping onto Joohyun's legs as he tries to keep her still. "It's a one trip ride for us, anyway. Hey, when you get back in there, could you help tell my bros that I've left early with Joohyun?"

"Sure. I'll -"

"Put me doooowwwnnn!!" -Joohyun's sudden loud scream cuts Seungwan mid-sentence, finally making Taehyung succumb and drop her down on her feet in an instant.

They were attracting quite an attention from the people around them and Taehyung really didn't want her to keep on torturing their ears with her screeching voice. Joohyun was just about to get back into the club when Taehyung caught her by the waist and locked his arms around her, tightly.

"Bae Joohyun!" -He called her name out loud as he glared furiously into her eyes. "That's enough! You are not getting back in there! I'm taking you home!" -His growl and piercing glare was surprisingly enough to make Joohyun freeze still for a moment.

Looking up at him with a fearful gaze, Joohyun's lips began to curl into a sad pout and her hard frown began to droop down.

"Oh, No. Oh...dear" -Seungwan sighed, placing her hands over her ears. "This shall be the part where you cover your ears, Taehyung."

From the way Joohyun eyes glistened, Seungwan could already guess what was going to come next. Despite not partying with Joohyun in a long while, Seungwan has already memorized her friend's drunk antics. Joohyun tends gets very emotionally sensitive when she has had one too many drinks. She didn't even have to guess on what to expect when Joohyun was pulling such a face to Taehyung. 

"W-What?" -Taehyung asked cluelessly, looking at Joohyun strangely before he broke his gaze from her and turned to Seungwan. "What did I do? Why is she looking at me like that?"

At that instant, Joohyun burst out into tears and wailed at the top of her lungs. Panicking at her meltdown, Taehyung dropped his mouth open in shock, not having the slightest idea on what to do. Her beautiful makeup was starting to smudge around her eyes and her face was reddened and drenched with her tears. He was embarrassed when everyone else began to look their way, throwing him a dirty look as if he had done something unacceptable and inappropriately wrong towards her. 

"Hey, Hey shhh...Stop crying...I'm sorry!"-Taehyung attempts to hush her down, cupping her cheeks and gently wiping her tears with his thumb only to get his right foot stomped by her heels. "Aargh!!! FfFUu-Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!"

Stumbling to find his balance with an aching foot, Taehyung clenched his jaw tightly to resist the pain. Thankfully, a cab pulled up right in time before Joohyun could cause another chaotic scene outside club Shooky. Quickly pulling the car door open, Seungwan assisted Taehyung to get Joohyun into the back seat of the vehicle before the cab driver could even refuse to take them. As soon as Joohyun was already seated in, Seungwan immediately buckled her seatbelt securely so she wouldn't be able to get away.

"There." -Seungwan said, dusting her hands off from the hard work of putting her drunk friend into the car. "Hey, Taehyung. Are you really, really sure you'll be fine with her? I can come with you guys if you want. I seriously doubt that you alone can handle my drunk friend, right here. She's a nutcase. I'm telling you." -Seungwa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter