Ready

HouseMates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Which one of you gave my parents the address to my home?!" -Bae Joohyun anxiously questioned as soon as she hung up the phone call with her boyfriend. 

Joohyun was panic-stricken learning that her parents were in Seoul and had mysteriously ended up at her shared rented house. She knew that there could be no way that her parents would know where she was residing at unless they were being informed by one of her four girlfriends, the only people in her life who were close to her family. Nothing worried her more than knowing that her parents had most probably found out she was living with a man before she could even tell them herself.

Hesitantly raising her hands up as she turned to look at her friend with a guilty grin, Kang Seulgi said, "That would be me."

"Are you out of your mind, Seulgi?!" -Joohyun immediately exclaimed, grabbing a pillow to toss it towards Seulgi's direction, causing her to quickly run and hide behind the closest person she was standing with, in her bedroom, Seungwan.

"Woah, woah, woah! Calm down, now. What's going on?" -Seungwan asked, cautiously shielding herself with a pillow just in case Joohyun decides to pounce on her.

"Apparently, my parents are in town right now and they're at home with my boyfriend, whom I haven't even had the opportunity to introduce them to, just yet!" -Joohyun started to walk to and fro in agitation, "...and I'm about to get my head chopped off by my father as soon as I come home 'cause my parents have no idea that I've been living with Taehyung! Seulgi, why did you that?! Why did you give them my home address without telling me first?!"

"I'm really sorry, jeez! Your parents called me up and told me that they wanted to give you a surprise visit. So, I gave them your address totally not knowing that they don't have a clue you're living with Taehyung. I couldn't tell you 'cause then it wouldn't be a surprise if I did." - Seulgi reasoned, desperately justifying her point and praying in her heart that she wouldn't receive a punch on the face from her currently infuriated friend. 

"In Seulgi's defence, she didn't know that you haven't told your parents about Taehyung yet so, technically she's not in the wrong, here." -Yerim interfered, "She wouldn't have given your address if she had known sooner."

"This situation couldn't have been prevented, either way." -Sooyoung added, "I think the best thing for you to do right now is to get home and just tell them what they need to know."

"Yeah. As far as I know, your parents are the most easygoing persons ever. I'm pretty sure they'd understand. I mean...what's the worse that could happen?" -Seungwan questioned. 


<<------>>


"Uh..." -Taehyung nervously scratches the back of his head as he tries to start a conversation with Mr and Mrs Bae who have been giving him a good glaring for the past ten minutes since he welcomed them in. "J-Joohyun will be here soon. So umm...would you, w-would you like a drink-"

"So let me understand this...." Joohyun's father immediately cuts Taehyung off, making him completely freeze in his position for a second, then gulp a nervous lump in his throat. "You're Joohyun's boyfriend?"

Hesitantly nodding his head, Taehyung answered, "Y-Yes, Sir."

"And the both of you are living together?"

"Well...umm...y-yeah..." -He gave her father a timid shrug,  

Taehyung knew that it was pointless to deny or lie about his relationship to Joohyun because the photographs they have framed up on the walls of their home was enough for her parents to get the hint. Although he was well aware of Joohyun's fear about her parents disapproving the fact that they were living together, Taehyung would rather face the music and answer all the questions that they could potentially be planning to fire him with than to comfort them with a lie.

It scares him that Joohyun's father has the exact death glare Joohyun would usually throw him whenever he gets on her bad side.  Joohyun's mother, on the other hand, has a sweet smile that Joohyun clearly inherits from. It was too much pressure for Taehyung to have the both of them staring at him intently as if he was a fascinating statue sculpture. His heart was racing fast in nervosity, not knowing how to get rid of the awkwardness in the room. 

Normally, Taehyung would have no problem starting a conversation with anyone he just met. By nature, he was friendly and he'd always have the conversation flowing effortlessly whenever he talks to a person about literally anything at all. However, with Joohyun's parents, he was surprised that he could barely even get a word out of his mouth without stuttering and making himself look dumb. He was tongue-tied.

"Our daughter has picked herself quite a fine young man, don't you think so, Honey?" -Joohyun's mother remarked, lightly nudging her husband's arms to get him to respond. "She has good taste."

"He's younger than I imagined him to be."-Her father replied, giving Taehyung a head to toe glance before he continued, "Joohyun speaks about you but not a lot. She did mention that you take photographs for a living. How long have the two of you been together, Kim Taehyung?" 

"Uhm..." -Taehyung scratches his head, mentally doing the math of the time they've been together since he had suddenly forgotten it all, at the moment. "We were housemates before we started going out...with each other. We've been living together for almost nine months now but we've only been dating for...four."

"Oh, that's still quite...new." -Joohyun's mother said, looking a little surprised, "It's no wonder Joohyun hasn't introduced you to us, just yet. From the photos all around the house, we were assuming that you've been dating our daughter for a few years. I was wondering why she would want to keep the news from us for so long."

"Yeah. We...take quite a lot of photos in this house." -Taehyung briefly answered, refusing to explain his career just yet until they decide to ask, again.

"So...do the both of you sleep together or has your relationship not gone that far, yet?" -Joohyun's father questioned, 

"Uh...We...we sleep in separate bedrooms." -Taehyung lied, not wanting to take the risk of putting Joohyun in hot water when she comes back. He couldn't really remember the last time he had slept in his own room ever since they've gotten very comfortable with each other and even though they weren't doing anything else except cuddling and sleep, he still thought that it was not necessary to share about it with Joohyun's father unless he wants to get beaten up. 

"No, No." -Joohyun's father said, "What I meant was have the both of you had -"

"Dad" Joohyun barged through the door and sprinted her way to the living room, panting in exhaustion. Throwing her purse down to the floor, she linked her arm around Taehyung's leaning in towards him as she tries to catch her breath. "Dad, Mom! I can explain!"


<<------>>

Joohyun spent the next two hours sitting at the balcony of the home, explaining the whole situation from the beginning, where she first met Taehyung, till the end where they ended up getting into a relationship with each other. Knowing how her father was not one who's easy to please, she tried to specifically point out on the winning points of her boyfriend that she thought he would appreciate hearing about. 

Meanwhile, Taehyung was nervously waiting at the living room, quietly and intently watching Joohyun and her parents getting engaged in a very what-seem-like an intense conversation, supposing from their body language as they speak. When Joohyun gestured for Taehyung to come over to the balcony, his heart almost stopped beating thinking that he was about to get confronted or interrogated by her father, again.

"So..." -Joohyun nervously pulled Taehyung closer towards her as soon as he approached them at the balcony area. "Since you've already heard my explanation, I'd like to apologize for taking too long to formally introduce him to the both of you but...this is my boyfriend and housemate, Kim Taehyung. And uh...Tae, meet my mom and dad."

Slightly embarrassed, Taehyung greeted them with an awkward smile and a hesitant bow, nervously squeezing his sweaty palms against Joohyun's.

"Alright~" -Joohyun grinned, immediately breaking the awkward silence between them when her parents did not utter a single word after Taehyung greeted them. "So, this was a big surprise! You've no idea how happy I am to see both of you again. Thank you for coming all the way down here for me, Mom, Dad. I really appreciate it!"

"Yeah, well. This was a big surprise, indeed." -Joohyun's father emphasized, heaving out a sigh as he carried his bag on his shoulder and stood up. "We were planning to stay with you while we're here but due to unforeseen circumstances," -he shifted his gaze to Taehyung as he speaks, "I guess your mother and I will have to find ourselves a hotel to spend the night in."

"Wait, what?" -Taehyung questioned, swiftly interjecting Mr Bae's conversation with his daughter. "Why would that be necessary, Sir? Please, stay with us."

"And how do you expect that to happen when you only have two bedrooms in this house, Mr Kim?" -Mr Bae questioned him sarcastically, "Aren't you occupying the other bedroom, already?"

"Yea...but that can definitely be arranged. Umm
..You and Mrs Bae could use my room for however long you'll be planning to stay in Seoul." -Taehyung sincerely offered in a desperate attempt to win Mr Bae's heart. "I insist, Sir."

"Where would you be sleeping, then?" -Joohyun's mother asked, to which Taehyung mindlessly replied, 

"I'll share the other room with Joohyun." -Taehyung shrugged, "I really don't mind. I mean...I sleep with your daughter every other day. I've no problem with that at all." -He said only to get elbowed by Joohyun on the arms when her parents responded them with a look of surprise on their faces.

Panicking in an instant, Taehyung quickly said, "Crap, you have a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter