Spin

HouseMates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Skipping her way triumphantly to the living room, Bae Joohyun took a seat on the sofa to join her housemate who was, at the moment, watching a movie on the tv. There was something that she has been wanting to ask Kim Taehyung about but lately, he has been really busy and this was the only time that she finally saw him being away from his cameras and laptop, taking some time to rest.

She didn't wish to interrupt but she really needed to get his answer to her question that night, before she executes a plan she's been dying to do.

"What are you watching?" -Joohyun asked, pretending not to know what the movie was even though she had watched it a few times before.

"The Notebook..." -Taehyung gave an absent reply, eyes still glued to the tv screen.

"Cool..." -Joohyun said, fiddling with the ends of the cushion covers as she continuously steals a glance at him from the other end of the sofa, unintentionally making him uncomfortable.

"What is it?" -Taehyung asked when their gazes met and Joohyun quickly looks away. 

"H-Huh?" 

"I know that look. I know you've got something on your mind." -Taehyung said, moving closer to give her his full attention. "What's up?"

A coy smile escaped from Joohyun's lips learning how Taehyung seemed to know her well just by the expressions she subconsciously pulls on her face.

She scooched a little closer towards Taehyung, putting the cushion aside before she tucks her hair behind her ears and said, "Alright...so...umm, remember the time you suggested that we discard some rules in this house, a few days back?

"Yep." -he nodded, "What about it?"

"Well, I've been thinking about it and...I guess I'm fine with getting rid of some of the ridiculous regulations we made, previously." -Joohyun said, immediately showing her palms out to Taehyung's face, pausing him from trying to say something,  
"With that being said, would you mind if I have my girls over, next weekend? Like...a sleepover?"

"Uh...Well...no. I don't have a problem with that..." -Taehyung shrugged, "...but..."

"But?"

"That would mean that I'm also allowed to have my friends over, sometime." 

"Fair enough..." -Joohyun gave him a thumbs up before she started squealing and clapping her hands like a seal. "This is gonna be fun~!! Oh, right...I'm gonna make a short trip to the grocery store to buy some things I need for next weekend. Do you want me to pick anything up for you along the way?"

Grabbing the remote on the coffee table and immediately Taehyung turned the tv off. Then he stood up on his feet and gave his body a good stretch before he said, "Let's go, together."

"What? No."-Joohyun said, shaking her head as she pulled Taehyung back to the sofa. "No, No, No, No..."

From the tired look on Taehyung's face and his unenthusiastic response, Joohyun could tell that he was probably mentally drained from all the work he had done all day. She had never seen him working so intensely until recently when he started doing a photo shoot for In-Trend magazine. Seeing him so focused, dedicated and committed to his work, Joohyun was amazed. Taehyung tends to be a little playful and carefree at most times but his discipline towards work was something else that Joohyun found incredibly attractive. 

Although she would've loved it if Taehyung tagged along with her to the store, she knew he could use some rest at home instead. She was already feeling a little guilty that she had interrupted his movie time and she definitely didn't want to disrupt him further. 

"You just sit here, relax and enjoy your movie." -Joohyun said in a tone that sounded more like an order. "I know you've had a long day and you need to rest. I can go alone. Just tell me what you need and I'll get them for you, alright?"

"I am taking a rest, Joohyun." -Taehyung chuckled, casually pinching her cheeks before his hands get slapped, "Grocery shopping with you is something I enjoy doing. Besides, I need to get out of this house and get myself some fresh air. Go get ready. I"m coming with you."

"But -"

"Say another word and I'll call you baby for a whole month." -He playfully threatens her with something he knew she'd find annoying. 

"Ugh!! Fine." -Joohyun grumbled, "Well, don't blame me if you come home tired, alright?"

"I won't, baby."

"Stop that."

"Get changed."

<<------>>

 

"Alright! I've got all the things I need. I'm done. Are you ready to check out?" -Joohyun approached Taehyung who was busily looking around the 'can and jar' section, seeming to be in a dilemma. This was a sight that Joohyun has gotten used to seeing - Taehyung be torn between two choices of something he'd like to get. 
"Earth to Taehyung~ Are you done?"

"Give me a minute..." -Taehyung gave an absent reply as he takes two jars of jams into his hands. 

Reading through its packaging's content, he began to compare the jar of jams, wondering which out of the two was worth buying. Usually, Taehyung wouldn't make it a big deal. If he couldn't make a decision, he'd buy all of the choices he liked. However, he has somehow developed the habit of shopping smart ever since he started to go out and do some shopping with Bae Joohyun. 

Indeed, she was more than delighted to see him actually bothering to practice what he has been thought but she certainly doesn't appreciate the time he spends just trying to make a decision. Joohyun had gone from the dairy section to the herbs section for the past hour and Taehyung still couldn't seem to decide which jar of jam he should get.

"Joohyun..." -Taehyung said, sighing in exasperation as he holds the two jar of jams against his cheeks. "Which one would you pick? I can't decide."

"Hmm..."

"Strawberry." 

The reply from another lady made both Kim Taehyung and Bae Joohyun turn their heads around, wondering who was brazenly joined in on their conversation, uninvited. 

"Hey, Tae..." 

The jars of jam almost slipped out of Taehyung's hands when he realised who it was standing behind them, flashing a smile on her face as she waved her hands at them. He knew that there was no way he could make a quick escape when she started to come closer and approach him. Meanwhile, Joohyun was already flashing an awkward smile, not having the slightest idea who the lady was to Kim Taehyung.

"Hey." -the lady greeted casually, "It's nice to see you here, Taehyung. I wasn't expecting our next meeting to be at a grocery store." -she chuckled, side-eyeing at Joohyun as she speaks. "Anyway, you should definitely pick strawberry. You've always loved strawberry jam."

Looking at Taehyung with furrowed eyebrows before she shifted her gaze back to the lady, Joohyun asked, "Umm...I'm sorry. You are?"

"Oh, I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself,"- the lady smiled, extending her hand out towards Joohyun. "I'm Min Ha Na. And you are?"

Joohyun's mouth dropped slightly open when the lady mentioned the name that sounded very familiar. Again, she looked at Taehyung, then back at the lady, hesitantly shaking her hand as she tries not to make it obvious that she knows who the lady used to be, to Taehyung. 

"Oh,...umm Bae Joohyun." -Joohyun replied, only to realise that Min Ha Na was waiting for her to say something more than just a name. "I'm...uh...Taehyung's -"

Casually wrapping his arms around Joohyun's waist, Taehyung pulled her closer towards him and said, "This is my girlfriend." 

At Taehyung's answer, both Min Ha Na and Joohyun gave him a look of surprise, not knowing how to react to his statement, at that moment although Joohyun had somewhat gotten an idea of the act that Taehyung was pulling. Placing her hand over his arms on her waist, Joohyun only lifted up a smile on her face and nodded. 

"Yeah. That's what I am. I'm...Taehyung's girlfriend..." -she replied with a slight shrug, 

"Oh..." -The smile on Min Ha Na's face instantly vanished when she learned who Joohyun was to her old flame. Looking at Joohyun with open disdain, she then shifted her gaze at Taehyung and shrugged "Well...she's...cute, I guess. Anyways, I hope I've helped you make a decision on the jam."

Putting the jar of strawberry jam back on the shelf and the cranberry one into their shopping cart, Taehyung smiled and said, "Actually, I'd like to try the cranberry jam for a change. I'm done now, Joohyun. Let's go." -he said to Joohyun, completely ignoring Min Ha Na's existence right in front of them.

"That's all you're getting? Are you sure there's nothing else you'd like to get? Cereals, maybe? Ice-Cream?" -Joohyun asked, 

"No. I'm good, baby." -Taehyung helps Joohyun tuck the loose strands of her hair behind her ears before he leaned in to peck his lips against her forehead, purposely showing a natural boyfriend-and-girlfriend 'affection' while being very aware that Min Ha Na was standing right in front of them. "Let's go."

"O-Okay..." -Joohyun stuttered, not being able to look at Taehyung in the eyes after he shamelessly yet fondly kissed her forehead, something she had just discovered to really like. Immediately turning to look at Min Ha Na, Joohyun smiled and said, "Well...uh...it's nice seeing you, I guess. We'll see you around?"

Flashing out an obvious fake smile on her face, Min Ha Na nodded and said, "It's a pleasure to meet you too...but just a sec." -she began to dig out her bag, seeming to find something she'd like to give them. 
"Here's my card, Taehyung. Call me or drop me a text if you'd like me to hook you up with other magazine photo shoot. I had the best time working with you for the In-Trend magazine."

"Really? 'Cause I didn't..." -Taehyung replied impassively. "And Uh, no thank you. I don't really need your help, Ha N-" 

"I'll take that!" -Joohyun cuts Taehyung off and quickly snatches the card from Ha Na's hand. "I'll make sure he'll call you if he needs to."

"Joohyun, what are you -"

"Baby," - Joohyun interjected him again, addressing him with a name that she knew would definitely silence him. the side of his face affectionately, Joohyun leaned in to whisper into his ears. "If you want exposure, you need connection. I'm keeping this for you in case you change your mind." 

Joohyun turned back to look at Min Ha Na, smiling as she slips the card into her wallet. Then she linked her hand to Taehyung's, lightly his arms to cool him down since it was quite obvious that he wasn't too happy with what she had done.

"Again, it was nice to meet you..." -Joohyun said before she pushed the cart and pulled Taehyung along with her. "Toodles~"

<<------>>

 

Throughout their walk back home from the grocery store, Kim Taehyung kept himself completely silent, wearing a sullen look on his face. He didn't even bother to answer the questions Joohyun had asked in an attempt to start a conversation with him, purposely making her feel really uncomfortable with his behaviour for taking Min Ha Na's name card, earlier on. 

As they entered the kitchen and started to sort out the groceries they've bought to its respective places, Joohyun quietly watched as Taehyung empty out the paper bags, trying his best not to look her way as he goes although he could feel her eyes piercing right through his face. 

"So you're mad at me, now..." -Joohyun sighed, shaking her head as she fills the fruit basket with the apples she had bought. "How long are you going to keep up with this silent treatment, Kim Taehyung? I just need to know so I could at least learn how to get used to this."

"Oh, you wouldn't like it if I start talking..." -Taehyung replied bitterly. "Honestly, I don't feel like making you cry, either. So, I'm just going to do you a favour by keeping my mouth shut."

"What did I do? I was just trying to help..." -she murmured softly as she continuously rearranges the fruits in the basket, a few times. 

"Help?" -Taehyung scoffed, throwing away all if his plans to keep silent for the rest of the night.  "Joohyun, I felt as if I just lost my face back there at the store. Why did you have to take that card from her? Just...why?"

"Well, you've always wanted to get somewhere in this media industry. You've got a connection with someone who is obviously very involved in it so why let an opportunity go to waste? You've only gotten one job with In-Trend magazine and your work still hasn't been published yet. Do you think one is enough for you to go far?" -Joohyun's question sounded more like nagging to Taehyung who was already very annoyed with her.

"Do you know who we're talking about, right now? Did you hear her name when she introduced herself to you? Min Ha Na! You want me, to seek help from my ex-girlfriend, Min Ha Na? I honestly don't need this. Asking a favour from a person like her comes with a price that I'm not willing to pay."

"If you really want to get big in life, you must first lower down your pride, Kim Taehyung. Besides, like I've told you back at the store, I'm only keeping her business card in case you change your mind. It's just a card, anyway."

"You know what? Whatever. I'm not talking to you for a week!" -Taehyung grumbled, crumpling the empty paper bag in his hands furiously.

"Fine. You know what?"

Sighing as she shakes her head, Joohyun pulled her wallet out of her bag and took the card out, showing it off to Taehyung before she takes a match and lights the tip of the card. At lost for words by her spontaneous action, Taehyung only stood silent and watched as the harmless piece of paper burn slowly.

"Are you happy, now?" -Joohyun asked, "Does this makes you feel better, Kim Taehyung?"

"Absolutely."  -Taehyung said, finally lifting up a wide smile on his face, "I was just about to question myself why I even liked you but I've already found my answer, now. This is the reason why."

"Huh?" - Joohyun gave him a confused look, unable to comprehend what he was saying. 

"Thanks for burning that . I'll call you 'baby' for a month."

"YAH!"


<<------>>


The weekend that Joohyun anticipated has finally arrived but unfortunately, it was not exactly what she had imagined it to be. She was not entirely shocked because ever since she knew Kim Taehyung, her life has always been full of surprises and she was already getting used to it. However, this time, she really was not too pleased with the surprise that her housemate had prepared her.

In the living room, chattering away were not only Joohyun's girlfriends who she had invited for a 'sleepover'. Seated among Kim Yerim, Kang Seulgi, Park Sooyoung and Son Seungwan were also Taehyung's friends who were apparently invited over, that day without her knowing and they were all gathered in their living room talking to one another as if Joohyun had hosted a big party for all of them to sit and socialise.

She was beyond infuriated when Taehyung's friends showed up at the door out of the blue, just an hour after she had welcomed her friends in. They entered her home with a 'Bring Us The Pizza!' chant as they leisurely walked into the living room before Joohyun could even welcome them in. At that instant, Joohyun quickly pulled her housemate out to the balcony outside to have a talk, in private. 

"Really, Kim Taehyung?!" -Joohyun whispered angrily, being cautiou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter