Commotion

Forever Young

"I'm surprised you got Jennie to come out tonight." Bobby joked making Jisoo laugh. 

 

Jennie glared at them from across the table. She wasn't the type of person to go clubbing since education was very important to her. But somehow Jisoo worked her charm and dragged her into this hell hole. 

 

Music was being blasted throughout the whole place making the walls vibrate. The smell of alcohol filled the whole room. There were drunk people everywhere, dancing and having the time of their lives. There were couples making out at the booths. The atmosphere was uncomfortable to Jennie in general. She despised it and every minute she was at the club could've been every minute used to study for their exam on Friday. 

 

"Are you thinking about that exam? It's only Monday so ease up a bit." Jisoo said taking a sip of her drink. 

 

"I just feel like this is a waste of time." Jennie replied. 

 

"Don't be a party pooper" Bobby teased. 

"Speaking of party pooper, Hanbin just walked in." He added. All 3 of their eyes turned towards him.

 

Jennie felt more uncomfortable since she didn't talk to Hanbin. They went to the same high school but never once had a conversation. She remembered how shy he was and how he use to wear these big circled shaped glasses that made him look quirky. Everything about him completely changed.. He had dark eye brows, which sloped downwards in a serious expression. His lips were drawn into a hard line across his face. His skin was pale and soft. His face was well defined with a sharp jawline and angular cheek bones. His expression was cold and chic looking. His aura was totally different compared to how he was in high school. He wore a black leather jacket with a plain white tee under and black distressed jeans. 

 

 

 

Hanbin's POV

I squeezed my way through the chaotic crowd trying to get to Bobby from across the room. I noticed a different figure and once I got closer I realized it was Jennie. What was she doing here? My eyes wandered to Jisoo and my mind clicked. That's right, they're best friends. 

 

"Hanbin!" Bobby shouted. He met me halfway through the crowd and patted my back. 

 

"How much did you drink?" I asked. Worried about him. 

 

"Not a lot but I can't drive home tonight." He smiled. 

 

"I know, that's why I came." I said annoyed. 

 

 

 

"Sir, She said she doesn't want to dance!" Jisoo shouted. Bobby and I quickly turned towards their direction. Jisoo struggled to pull the man's hands away from Jennie's arm. 

 

"Ahh what's the problem? Too good to dance with me?" The man said. 

 

I rushed towards the scene and landed a punch across the man's face. Which caused him to fall onto the ground. Everyone's attention were now on us and I could feel their eyes pierce right through me. He struggled to get up due to the impact of the fall that made his legs weak.

 

"What the hell!" He roared as he slowly got up from off the ground in embarrassment. The crowd drew closer to us. 

 

"When a women says no then it means no." I explained and turned around to face Jennie. She had a slightly red print on her arm that she covered as soon as she caught me staring at it. She looked both shocked and afraid. 

 

"Ahhh!!!!" The man shouted. I heard his footsteps shuffling towards me and moved to the side. I grabbed his arm and used my hand to pushed him into the table. 

 

He broke it and landed on bottles of glass. 

 

"Are you done being a fool?" I smirked. I purposely said that to piss him off since it was quite fun. 

 

He began breathing heavily and wiped everything out from the table with his hands. Bottles of liquor flew everywhere. He grabbed one of the broken bottles and threatened to cut me with it. 

 

"You might hurt yourself." I joked. Pissing him off even more. He sprinted towards me missing my face by an inch. I took the chance to land a punch on his face making him drop the broken bottle. As it fell onto the ground it shattered even more. Again, he sprinted at me and rammed me against the table. I held my arms up in defense knowing that there was no way out of this. He aggressively began throwing punches at me. I managed to block some but the other half got to me. I used my legs to kick him off of me and grabbed him by the collar. I got a good grip on him and punched him across the face. Blood slowly trailed down his nose and onto his lips. 

 

"We got to go man!" Bobby dragged me away from the crowd and out of the club. 

 

The four of us were out in the back where my car was parked. 

 

"Are you okay?" I asked Jennie. She lifted her head up.

 

"Yeah I'm fine." 

 

"And your arm?" 

 

"It's fine too." She covered the print again not wanting to worry us. 

 

"God I can't believe people like him exist." Jisoo cursed. 

 

"Right? You got him pretty good though." Bobby joked. 

 

"Whatever. I better get you guys home." I started the engine and the heater to keep the girls warm. 

 

"You're taking Bobby home like this?" Jisoo argued. Her and I both knew that if he were caught we'd never see him again. 

 

"Of course not. He can barely tell the difference between an apple and a orange." I said and began chuckling with Jisoo. 

 

"Drunk or not he's still dumb." Jisoo added.

 

"Hey! Hot guys are dumb." Bobby defended. 

 

"You're dumb but definitely not hot." Jisoo teased.

 

"How dare you-" 

 

I pulled Bobby back into his seat before he got too obnoxious and clipped his seat belt for him. I swear it was like taking care of a 5 year old. 

 

"Calm down will you? We don't want to get caught." I explained. 

 

 

 

After 15 minutes of driving I finally arrived at Jennie's and Jisoo's dorm. Bobby fell asleep in the passenger side with his head rested on the seat belt. They quietly got out of the car and gently closed the doors not wanting to wake Bobby up. 

 

"Goodnight." Jisoo said and walked off. 

 

"Goodnight" I replied. 

 

"Goodnight.. and thank you." Jennie said. 

 

"Apply some ointment on that and it should disappear in roughly two days or so." I explained. She nodded her head and turned around to begin walking. I watched her walk into the dorm before leaving just to make sure she would be safe. 

 

 

 

 

I opened the door to Bobby's and I secret hideout. I struggled a bit to carry him to his bedroom. 

 

"Damn it Bobby." I gritted my teeth and threw him onto the bed. I ruffled my hair and pulled the blankets to cover his body. 

 

End of POV 

 

 

 

 

"I didn't know Hanbin left Japan." Jisoo said while fixing herself in bed. 

 

"He looks so different." Jennie admitted. 

 

"Well you haven't seen him for quite a while so of course." Jisoo replied. It was odd for Jennie to not see him in those glasses. 

 

"Did he go through puberty or something? Why is he actually attractive?" Jennie asked innocently.

 

"Hanbin has always been attractive." Jisoo chuckled. "He went from being cute and quirky to looking like an idol." She added. 

 

"It threw me off guard." 

 

"What? Are you interested in him?" Jisoo teased. 

 

"Of course not. I'm fed up with relationships." Jennie said and turned off the lamp, darkening the room. It's been 2 years since her last relationship and it was not the best break up. Considering that she got cheated on and lied to. It definitely took a big turn in her life and completely destroyed her. For days she suffered in bed crying and constantly asked herself what she did wrong when the real problem was him and not her. It became hard for her to trust those around her. She would ignore boys to protect her fragile heart from being hurt again. Though it's been 2 years it sometimes hits her out of no where and just lingers on her mind. 

 

"Boys are stupid. But we have each other"  Jisoo comforted. 

 

"Forever." Jennie said.

 

"Forever." Jisoo replied. Their chuckles filled the dark room. 

 

"Goodnight Jendeukie" 

 

"Goodnight Jichu." 

 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that in the first place! Please forgive me." 

 

Hanbin let out a chuckle. "Taking my motorcycle away was a big mistake." Hanbin patted the man on the shoulder and got onto his motorcycle. He carefully slipped the helmet onto his head and fired up the bike. He raised his hands up in the air forming his fingers into a peace sign and drove off. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hanbin!" He took off his helmet and turned around to see Nayeon waving at him. She smiled and made her way towards him.

 

 

"Why do I feel like you did something bad?" Nayeon was great at that, great at reading Hanbin. She knew exactly when he was angry, sad, or happy and right now she knew he was mad and bored of their talk. It's all over his face, how annoyed he is but it never phased her. She cares for him and just wanted to know if he was doing okay. After their break up Hanbin changed. He grew hatred for her and it was obvious but it was her fault. Her damn fault for hurting him... guilt still eats her up til this day even though it's been a year. 

 

"It doesn't concern you." Hanbin replied coldly and walked away leaving her dumbfounded. Nayeon rushed towards him and tugged his arm making him face her. 

 

"What if something happens to you?! How do you think I would feel?!" She argued. 

 

"Aren't you doing too much? You know, for an ex girlfriend?" Hanbin asked.

 

"I thought we got over this?" 

 

"You got over it! Not me!" Hanbin raised his voice. His heart was pacing and his blood began boiling. His breathing grew heavy. Tears filled his eyes but with all his might, he refused to let them escape. "Not me.." he said under his breath. Everyone could see it in their eyes. That they were still in love with each other. 

 

Nayeon saw her reflection in his glossy eyes. She missed being this close to him, she missed being able to caress his face and just stare at his facial features whenever she wanted. Her eyes wandered all around his face, remembering it. Deep down she wasn't over it but she had no right to feel this way. 

 

Without another word being said Hanbin walked away from her. As he left, The tears that she held in began flowing down her face, slowly. She covered not wanting Hanbin to hear her sobs. The salty tears rolled passed her rosy cheeks and down to her shirt. At this very moment she hated herself more than anything. Sadness and sorrow were being released from hiding in her for so long. With the amount of tears pouring from her eyes she still managed to not make a sound. 

 

 

 

 

Bobby's teammates watched him dribble the ball down the court and to the hoop. He did a couple of spin moves and aggressively passed through the defense team making a clean lay up. 

 

"LETS GO!" His teammates shouted. They got all rowdy and began chanting his name. 

 

"Bobby! Bobby! Bobby!" They said in sync. Bobby looked at them and smiled. He walked towards the bench and took a seat besides the team.

 

 

"We heard you're thinking about writing a new mixtape! Let us hear you spit something?" Yunhyeong asked. Everyone grew desperate, they practically begged Bobby to rap for them. 

 

"Alright alright." Bobby chuckled. 

 

"Whatever you may say to me

I won't mind it at all

My future's so blight, it's blinding

Buying up more sunglasses

I don't care to shake the hands of

Guys I'm not friends with

It's cold – makes me clear my throat

One eye smile and bam

I'm tempting your girl

Drowning in applause, we're everywhere"

(Bobby's rap from Bling Bling)

 

"Ohhhhhhhh!!" 

 

"Woah!" 

 

Chanting was all you could hear from the gym. Everyone knew Bobby could rap but hearing it in person was even better. They praised him and gave him a pat on the back.

 

"You're going to make it. Bobby." Yunhyeong smiled. Bobby's phone vibrated. It was a text from his dad. 

 

"After practice I want you to come home." Bobby read. The smile on his face disappeared and his expression became gloomy. 

 

 

 

 

Jennie's POV 

I walked pass the parking lot but took a second glance as I saw Hanbin. He threw his helmet against the motorcycle, breaking the mirror off. I was taken aback by his actions. I wonder what happened...

 

"Ahh!" He let out a shout and kicked the broken mirror on the floor. 

 

"Is everything okay?" I asked. To be honest I was a bit afraid to approach him after seeing what happened.

 

"Yeah." He replied coldly.

 

"Did something happen? You kind of destroyed your motorcycle.." 

 

"It was getting old anyway." 

 

"I'm a little shocked.." I admitted. 

 

"Sorry if I startled you." 

 

"It's not that, it's how different you've become. Since high school." I explained.

 

"Are you referring to the glasses? Cause I can say the same thing." 

 

"Yea I am actually and what do you mean?"

 

"Your taste in clothing has gotten better." 

 

How dare he- calm down Jennie, calm down.

 

"Everything about you has gotten better." I attacked back and raised one brow at him in confidence.

 

"I guess you've been paying attention to me?" He said. 

 

"No, I actually forgot you existed until yesterday." 

 

"You're still cold." 

 

"And you're still quiet, I guess we both didn't really change after all." 

 

He smirked at me. "Your arm looks better."

 

"Yeah.. applying ointment helped." I rubbed my arm nervously looking at the fading color. 

 

"You're welcome." I looked back up to see him staring at me. 

 

"We should probably clean this up before someone finds you." I suggested. 

 

"We?" He said in confusion. I saw the cuts and drips of blood on his hand. It must've hurt and I knew he wouldn't be able to clean it up without hurting himself even more.

 

"Are you going to clean this up with your hands like that?" He rolled his hands into a fist trying to hide the wounds that I already saw.

 

"It's fine i can clean this up by myself." Again, he used that cold tone on me. 

 

I refused to listen and walked closer to him. He took a couple of steps back away from me. I squatted down and began picking up the pieces of glass.

 

"Don't get the wrong idea I'm just repaying you for yesterday." I said.

 

He squatted down next to me and helped pick up the pieces. As I went to pick up a piece I accidentally cut myself and quickly pulled my hand away from it. 

 

"Ouch." I let out and looked at my finger. There was surprisingly a lot of blood coming out and it stung.

 

"Are you okay?!" He grabbed my hand and skimmed my finger. 

 

"Y-yeah.." He raised his head up and that's when our eyes met. His brown eyes shined at me but I saw something within. Something dark. They were filled with pain and sadness. His eyebrows narrowed down into a worried look. 

 

The atmosphere grew Awkward as we were stuck in this position. I looked at our hands, his laid under mine grasping it with care and worrisome. I then looked at him and he quickly got up from off the ground. 

 

 

"How can you be so careless." He said clearing his throat. I got up and turned around. My back was now facing him. 

 

"Here." I turned towards him. He held out a solid black handkerchief. 

 

"Thank you." I grabbed onto it but he wouldn't let go. 

 

"I meant this." 

 

My eyes trailed down to his hands which had pieces of glass in it. I was mentally slapping myself in the face. How embarrassing... my legs were frozen. Too embarrassed to move or even say anything. 

 

"Oh.. right." I said under my breath and took the glass from his hand. My legs were like stone. It felt like I was dragging them just to walk towards the trash. Carefully, I tossed the glass into the bin. 

 

"Take this." He held out the handkerchief again but I skimmed his hands to make sure there wasn't anything else and that I wouldn't look like a fool. "The handkerchief." He added.

 

"Thanks.." I grabbed the folded handkerchief from him and placed it around my finger to stop the bleeding.

 

"Make sure you wash that up." 

 

"Of course, I don't want to get it infected." I smiled.

 

"I was referring to my handkerchief." My smile was wiped away by embarrassment once again. 

 

"I won't." I said annoyed and walked away.

 

End of POV 

 

 

 

"Dad? What are you doing here?" Jisoo asked. It was rare to see her dad outside from his job. He was at a cafe? It's not like him to be at places like this, Jisoo thought.

 

"Oh Jisoo!" He said nervously. 

 

"You don't come to places like this?" 

 

"I needed a coffee break. Work has been stressing me out. Do you need a ride home?" He chuckled.

 

"Not really, I was buying some chicken for Bobby. He should be getting out of practice soon." Jisoo explained.

 

"I'll tell Secretary Lee to drive you back. I can't let my daughter walk back to campus when it's this dark outside." 

 

 

"Dad, is something wrong?" 

 

He smiled at Jisoo to reassure her that everything was fine. "Of course not. I'm pretty sure Bobby is waiting for you." 

 

Jisoo nodded her head and walked out of the store. Her dad watched as she entered the car and waved bye to her. 

 

 

 

 

Bobby smiled after seeing Jisoo rush towards him with a box of food. 

 

"Sorry I'm late." Jisoo said setting the box on the table. As soon as she opened it the scent of fried chicken dazed Bobby. 

 

"It smells wonderful." Bobby reached into the box and pulled out a drumstick. 

 

"Something weird happened." Jisoo said.

 

"What?" Bobby asked with his mouth full of chicken.

 

"Are you a kid?" Jisoo grabbed some napkins and wiped Bobby's greasy mouth. "I saw my dad at the store drinking coffee." She added.

 

"So what?" 

 

"He doesn't do that. If you know my dad he never goes anywhere during work." Jisoo explained.

 

"Maybe he's stressed out?"

 

"Even when he's stressed out he still works." 

 

Bobby placed the chicken down and cleared his throat. 

 

"Are your parent's relationship good?" 

 

"Yeah but what does that have to do with this?" 

 

"Perhaps he's seeing someone?" 

 

"Perhaps you're dumb." 

 

"I'm serious. All the signs are there. You said your dad doesn't do anything but work right? And that he usually doesn't go to places. Well to me it sounds like he's seeing someone. What person does these things? Someone who's either in love, or cheating." Bobby explained throughly. Jisoo remembered how odd her dad was being around her but she was so sure that it's something her dad would never do. 

 

"My Dad is a great person. There's no way he would ever do that." Jisoo denied. Even if she was so sure of it, the negative thoughts kept lingering in her mind. Bobby's phone vibrated on the table snapping Jisoo back into reality. She saw that the text was from his dad. 

 

"Who is it?" Bobby asked while chewing on the drumstick.

 

"Your dad." Jisoo said in a serious tone. 

 

"Oh that's right. I have to go." Bobby quickly got up from the table and wiped his hands with the napkins.

 

"Why?" Jisoo grabbed onto his arm. She grew curious of why he had to leave. 

 

"I'm not sure either but he said he wanted me home." Bobby explained. 

 

"Don't get hurt." 

 

Bobby smiled at her. He lifted her hands from his arm. "Don't worry." 

 

"Call me if anything happens!" Jisoo shouted. He nodded his head in agreement and entered his car.

 

 

 

 

 

Bobby was guided into his dad's office. His dad was busy with paperwork. 

 

"I'm here." Bobby said. 

 

"Do you know what I'm signing?" His dad said in a cold tone.

 

"No, sir." 

 

He got up from his chair and walked towards Bobby with papers in his hands. 

 

"checks. Do you know why?" 

 

"No." 

 

"To keep your name from coming out of the reporters mouths! I heard what happened at the club!" He raised his hands up and connected it with Bobby's face. The loud blow echoed through the room. Bobby stood their silently with his head down.

 

"Focus on basketball you hear me?! Another mistake like this and it'll cost you. Now get out of here." 

 

Bobby left the room and rolled his hands into a fist. He hated his dad with a passion but there was nothing he could do about it. The slap across his face was nothing to him. He was already use to all of this. His knuckles were beginning to turn white by how hard he was clenching his fists. 

 

"You're so stupid Bobby." He said to himself believing that the reason he got slapped was his fault. He walked towards his room and laid on the bed. Reflecting on his actions that night. 

 

 

 

 

 

It was dark and rainy outside. The shed was cold and smelt like bark from the chipped up wood. Hanbin sat in the corner  covering his eyes in hope that this would all go away. It was pitched black inside of the shed. Hanbin couldn't see a thing as if his eyes have been gouged out. The sound of metal was rubbing against the shed. Making screeching noises and loud taps against it. In fear, Hanbin covered his ears.

 

"Mom! Mom!!!" He shouted but the tapping only got louder. 

 

 

 

Hanbin woke up from the nightmare and flipped his pillows up looking for a necklace his grandma gave him when he was younger. He threw his blankets on the ground searching all over his bed for it. He then remembered that it was in the handkerchief he gave to Jennie. It was 2 in the morning but Hanbin didn't care he needed that necklace more than anything right now. 

 

He left the dorm in his pajamas not caring how he looked. 

 

"Room 94... room 94." 

 

He knocked a couple of times giving them time to get up and open the door. But he grew a bit impatient and added a few more knocks. 

 

Half awake half asleep, Jennie got up and opened the door. 

 

"I need the handkerchief." Hanbin said.

 

"Right now? It's still wet." Jennie said. She was irritated that he would come bother her at 2 in the morning for a dumb handkerchief. 

 

"It doesn't matter! I need it!" Hanbin shouted. His breath became in short but sharp pants. His hands shaking from how anxious he was feeling. 

 

"Here's the stupid handkerchief." Jennie argued and went back inside to grab it. It was still soaked from being washed earlier. 

 

Hanbin unfolded it but the necklace wasn't there. 

 

"Where's the necklace?!" 

 

"Necklace?" 

 

Hanbin barged into the dorm and began searching the place.

 

"What's your problem?!" Jennie shouted. But Hanbin didn't listen. He finally found the necklace sitting down on the coffee table and grabbed it. He held it in his hands and near his chest. Jennie saw that his hands were shaky and his lips quavered. His breathing patterned sounded abnormal and it worried her yet confused her. All this commotion for a necklace?

 

 

 

*added character! 

 

 

 

Yunhyeong