Mr. Byun

The Quadruplets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

Irene was the quite type, who prefer to read books or listen to classical music in journey. But during her first ever single trip, Irene continued to talk with her co-passenger Baekhyun.
It was really fun to talk as the man was full of wit and humour.

After an hour of long conversation Baekhyun's phone rang. It was from his cousin Jongdae.

"I'm still on the plane".

" Baek it's an emergency. Something seems fishy in the agreement papers. I want you to check them once again", Jongdae addressed.

" Right now?", Baekhyun didn't want to work at the moment because of the interesting lady beside him.

"Yah! What is wrong with you ? Before you reach okinawa we need to conclude it ", Jongdae ordered and if others heard them they might think that Jongdae is the COO and Baekhyun as his employee.

He sighed and looked apologetically at Irene.

"I have some work to do. Excuse me...", Baekhyun opened his laptop and studied the documents. He texted Jongdae about the necessary changes in the agreement clauses.

Irene got bored as she watched him work diligently and slowly drifted off to sleep. Baekhyun finally looked at her after closing his laptop.

The young doctor looked so peaceful. Looking at her face made him smile.





 

When the plane was about to land, Baekhyun interrupted her nap. Irene looked sleepy and cute in her messy hair.

"I slept for a long time ", She rubbed her eyes.

"Yeah! I thought you became unconscious or something", He teased.

She rolled her eyes with a smug smile on her lips.  Baekhyun chuckled, " I'm sorry for such a bad joke"

" I had a night shift. So I was really sleepy", Irene explained as she brushed her hair into a pony tail.

When the flight landed, the kind stranger helped her with the luggage and they walked out of the airport together.






 

"Baekhyun...", Jongdae yelled and both passengers turned to look.

"My ride is here. What about you?" Baekhyun asked.

"My friend will be here in five more minutes".

"I guess this is a good bye...?!", The man sounded sad.

Irene nodded.

"I hope we could meet again", Baekhyun smiled.

 Irene blinked her eyes but she smiled back.

"Maybe I could get to see your brothers too", He laughed.

"Oh! I hope not. They will scare you off just like how they always scare my guy friends", Irene knew her brothers would do more than scaring if the prey was hard to deal with.

" So we are friends now?" Baekhyun raised his brows.

" I guess so...", Irene smiled as she clutched her handbag due to nervousness.

"I'm glad to become your friend ", Baekhyun was sincere. He didn't know how to express his new feelings.

Was it love at first sight?! Baekhyun wasn't sure.

"It was nice meeting you ", Irene moved back a bit when Jongdae approached them.

"Baek we gotta go. The meeting is about to start", Jongdae whined.

"Bye", He turned back and Jongdae trailed off behind him as he dragged Baekhyun's luggage.

Irene blankly stood there and watched them leave.
After two more minutes Sana's sister Mina came to pick her up to the wedding venue.







 

"Who was she?", Jongdae was curious at Baekhyun's interaction with a woman because his cousin had never really shown much interest in others.

Baekhyun was a workaholic and he always hated women that his mom forced to set him up with on various blind dates.

"My co-passenger", Baekhyun answered as he checked his files.

" You seem to like her though", Jongdae smirked.

"I don't want to have this conversation right now", Baekhyun scowled at his cousin plus bestfriend.

"Did you take her number?", Jongdae continued with his questions.

" I couldn't ask ...", Baekhyun made a sad face.

"Why not? "

"We just met today. I can't just ask a woman for her number. She might think I'm a ert and I didn't tell her about my personal life...so", He pouted.

" You do look like a womanizer. But how will you contact her again?", Jongdae teased.

"I don't know!  Man! will you stop interviewing me ?" Baekhyun's heart was already in distress.
Jongdae kept quiet as he knew that he couldn't pester anymore as his cousin reached his limit.



 

 

 

 

 

Irene reached the hotel resort where the wedding was to be held.

Mina helped Irene with her luggage and gave the keys for her room. It was a cozy room and Irene was thrilled by the beach view from it. Mina kept her company until her best friend, Sana visited her.
The bride-to-be was really busy but she greeted and thanked Irene for coming to her wedding.

"I'm so happy for you", Irene hugged Sana with a warm smile.
"I want you to get married too...", Sana made a pout. Since middle school both the women dreamed to get married on the same day.

"It won't happen anytime soon...", Irene sighed.

" Your brothers still messing with your dating life!", Sana giggled thinking about her Quads.

"That is one reason and being a doctor I don't have my personal time. So I might stay single forever", She whined cutely.

"  Babe, you look so pretty. Guys must be dying to talk to you",Sana was optimistic.

" They surely haven't met my brothers", Irene rolled her eyes.

"So... How is Chanyeol?", Sana asked hesitantly as he was her ex boyfriend.

" He is fine. You don't have to ask about him. It must be hard for you" 

Sana shook her head, " We aren't meant to be. I happily moved on."

Irene stayed quite as she remembered the man from her journey.

Maybe we aren't meant to be.

" What is it?" Sana nudged her arm.

" I met this really cute and nice man on the flight...", Irene blushed as she told Sana about her acquaintance with Baekhyun.

" Sounds so romantic " Sana was way more excited.

" We just met today but I'm totally infatuated", Irene blushed more.

" You wouldn't talk with strangers that easily. So this man seems special",Sana observed Irene's expression.

" I liked him a little. But it's not like we will meet again. The story ends my dear ", Irene sighed.

"You never know! Destiny will play its role. But did you atleast exchange your numbers", Sana questioned.

Irene couldn't dare ask him. He might think of her as a stalker or an easy girl.  She shook her head in sadness.

" Let's hope for the best. Until then I want you to comfortably flirt with my cousins", Sana teased.
Irene was pretty bad at interacting with unknown men. She ignored her friend's advice.
But Baekhyun was her only exception so far.








 

 

 

 

 

The wedding location and its scenery was beautiful enough to marry again and again, Irene thought as she took pictures of her friend in the wedding gown.

The whole ceremony went smoothly and
Irene had to send her own pics and the running commentary sort of messages about the ceremony to her family. Her Quads would definitely fly over to Japan if she doesn't update them from time to time.

Honestly, Irene missed her three annoying brothers.
But as she longed for freedom, she decided to go out for little sight seeing the next morning.
She roamed around the place and came back to the hotel in the evening to attend Sana's after wedding party.

Irene quickly took a shower and got dressed up for the party. While looking out for the preparations Irene spotted an unexpected but a recenty familiar man at the hotel entrance.

In an impulse she hid herself behind a large pillar.

Baekhyun! Is he here to see me!!?

Baekhyun in a dark gray suit, perfectly set hair looked completely different. He seemed to be in a deep conversation with the hotel owner and his companion Jongdae stood b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter