Haunted house (ft. Chankai )

The Quadruplets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                

 

Irene was mad at her brothers for two long weeks, but eventually she calmed down because they are her darlings.

She usually get frustrated because of their over care as if she is a porcelain doll. But she would forgive them easily. Maybe she shouldn't from next time.

So she told herself not to date anyone for the time being and decided to make a proper effort to find a good boyfriend. But it was not easy to find the perfect man of her dreams.
Literally every dream was somehow destroyed by her brothers. Good things will have to wait. But she hoped she won't die alone just by waiting.

 

 

 

 

Her second year was about to end in few weeks and she was terrified about final examinations.
Studying Medicine the life out of her.

 Pursuing her favourite career she realised all the hardships that she have to go through.

Her brain was over heated with all the information it took and felt like it might explode anytime soon.
She had to study for more than fifteen to Sixteen hours in a day and it was still not sufficient to cover all the subjects. She looked like a patient even though she was going to become a doctor!

Irene don't want to disappoint her father. Trying best to study and remember everything to make her father proud and happy. And the best thing out of all this sheer stress was that she got distracted from the fact she was always single. Always!

 

 

.

 Quadruplets got even busier during exams.

Chanyeol and Sehun were always busy, surrounded with heavy textbooks and Kai seemed like a worn out person just like Irene, due to his intensive police training and workouts.

At home, there is a small room where they usually study without any disturbance. It would look a mini library with various textbooks, as all four of them are pursuing different majors.

Just like every night they all gathered in that room to prepare for finals. Eunji offered coffee to them, well except Sehun. He prefered hot milk.Junmyeon prepared healthy snacks for good memory.

Irene stretched her body and looked lifelessly over the piled notes near her brothers.

Kai had a book in his hand but he was dozed off to sleep. He had dark circles and he was tried due his training. But he would still offer help to massage his sister's hands and shoulders.

Sehun yawned continuously and even though his subjects are completely irrelevant from her, He would sometimes snatch her textbooks for random pop-up quizzes.

Chanyeol filled his stomach with coffee every passing hour just to stay awake for her sake.
He even helped in making her notes. He gingerly carried her textbooks whenever required either at home or at university.

Sometimes Seulgi would join their night study sessions because Yunho warned that he would disown her if she fails in semester exams.

"Junmyeon, my daughter is hopeless. With your children she might be able to concentrate on her studies",  Yunho complained to Quads parents and forcefully left Seulgi at their place.

 

 

 

Even at the university, four of them are so busy that they are not able to have lunch together.

But her brothers made sure that atleast one of them were available to check up on Irene.
They were still possessive and protective and even during exams, they did not want any guys around her.

Irene wanted to have combined studies with few classmates, but Chanyeol and Kai warned the boys beforehand to keep their distance from her. Sehun even threatened with castration or something more horrible than that.

He would never do that, but still that was scary enough for her classmates to avoid Irene like plague. She was really embarrassed when all the males in her class looked troubled because of them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally exams ended and every student in every department looked relieved and gleeful, as if they cleared some huge debt.
On the last day, Kai with Taemin, Chanyeol with Minho, Sehun with Johnny and Taeyeon with Irene, gathered at cafeteria table.

Taeyeon usually doesn't like to join when Irene was with her brothers but she forced her to come.
They ordered food and started to eat. Chanyeol checked his watch continuously and Kai could easily guess that he was waiting for Wendy.

"Ow! Sorry I'm late", Wendy and her friend Amber joined their table.
Chanyeol's happy aura returned back and Sehun smirked and muttered something along the lines of ' love sick' but no one heard him except for Kai.

"Chanyeol will you be in touch during the holidays?" Wendy asked.

" I would like to. But we are going to China for three weeks. So after coming back we can meet", He informed.

"You have relatives in China!!?", Wendy exclaimed.

"A long story short, my grandmother married my Chinese grandfather. And their son is my father's step brother. Every year we visit their place", Chanyeol explained.

"My uncle Yixing is a doctor and he is my inspiration", Irene added in.

Chanyeol doesn't usually talk family related topics with anyone but Wendy is an exception.

" So do you have any cousins?"
"Yeah two brothers ", Sehun informed thinking about them.

" Irene , I'm so jealous of you. You have five brothers! ", Wendy giggled but the tall brothers looked at her in pity.

Wendy has lot of friends including the Quadruplets. She can choose whoever she want as her boyfriend.
Irene was being jealous about her freedom in life but Wendy said that she was jealous because she have got siblings!

Wendy should get all the love in the world.
Irene don't want to jinx it...but if Chanyeol marries Wendy, she will have her as a sister and Sehun and Kai as her brothers.

Oh dear God!... Irene badly wanted Chanyeol and Wendy to fall in love with each other. Who wouldn't want Wendy, a precious person as their sister-in-law?!

"Are you close with your cousins? " Her future in law asked excitedly.

"They are really friendly, over friendly if I must say. You will know when you meet them", Chanyeol spoke and Quads dropped their jaws.
Even Minho choked on his food.

Irene was sure Luhan and Tao will like Wendy. But Chanyeol should watch what he says. Wendy looked surprised that he actually said that she could meet their cousins one day.
Wendy meeting his cousin's would mean something else.

Atleast he should not give her any false hopes.
Wendy nodded and smiled at Chanyeol, the same warm smile with full of happiness and adoration towards their gaint brother.

After a while, Irene saw Seulgi and her classmates and asked her to join. With that Seulgi wished bye to her friends and approached them.

"What in the world is Kang Seulgi doing here!?" Kai mumbled but she heard him.

"Because in this world, we go to the same university...", Seulgi glared as she sat beside Irene.
A permanent scowling face was settled on Kai while he ate.

"I have to go. I'm late for my date", Taeyeon informed as she picked up her bag.
"Bye everyone".
"Go have some sweet time with Jessica", Irene waved as she left.

"Who is Jessica?" Sehun squinted his eyes.

" Taeyeon's girlfriend...", Irene answered hesitantly.

"Wahh... I-I did not expect that!", Kai uttered and Chanyeol bobbed his head.
Irene knew they would be surprised as she didn't go around saying about her friend's ual preference. Atleast she gets to date! Girl or boy doesn't matter.

 

 

              

 

 

 

 

Trip to Haunted house: 

 

Everyone completed their late lunch and were about to head back home when Johnny suggested,"Let us go out and enjoy, since all our exams has ended".

"Yes, with such a large group we can have lots of fun", Chanyeol agreed.

Soon there was a serious discussion at their table regarding where should they go and what should they do.

"I have a crazy idea. Let's go to the haunted house, it's there in the newly opened amusement park", Minho suggested with a grin.

"Okay!!", Irene, Wendy, Amber, John, Taemin chroused together with excited smiles on their faces.

Chanyeol stayed quite. He wanted to suggest watching a movie or playing arcade games in a mall or any physical sports but going to a Haunted house was not there in his list. At all!

Sehun had little interest in many things but if he was forced enough he would comply easily. Irene took it upon her and pleaded Sehun to go with them. He finally had to agree.

"I can't go, Irene...", Seulgi declined and Irene frowned at her childhood friend.She always tried to avoid hanging out with the Quadruplets.

"She is a scaredy cat. Ofcourse she won't come", Kai mocked her.

"Kim Kai... what is your problem?", Seulgi kept her hands on her hips and matched Kai's glare for glare.
Taemin pulled Kai's arm to calm him down.

Seulgi gave a dramatic eye roll and looked away when Kai gave her a disbelieving look.
"She thinks we are not her friends. That's the reason, isn't it?"

"No! Irene is my best friend", Seulgi stated and hugged Irene's arm.
"So you are going with me!", Irene concluded. Seulgi sighed and gave a nod.

Seulgi did want to spend time with her old friends but with Kai around, she couldn't behave normally with others too.

Due to Kai's accusation, Seulgi decided to go just to prove tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter