九: I Want To Know

Tutors And Teachers

Jae smiled when she woke up. Not because she wasn't sick, or because she accidentally took more of the anti-depressants than she was supposed to.

But because she smelled breakfast being made downstairs.

It meant that Jimin was home, he was completely sober, and was most likely in a great mood.

She sprang out of bed, brushing her teeth as fast as she could before taking her pills.

She grabbed a blanket off her bed and wrapped around herself, tiptoeing down the stairs so she could stalk Jimin a bit.

But as she got closer to the kitchen, she heard two voices.

"Jimin, I swear to the lord almighty, that if you don't cover your chest up while trying to fry those damned French fries, I'm going to laugh when you get burned, and I will dump you."

Jungkook.

"Then dump me, because I already have, I just don't screech like you do."

Jimin.

She hid around the corner, watching them interact with each other.

Jungkook was trying to make waffles while keeping an eye on Jimin, to make sure he didn't do something completely stupid.

Jimin on the other hand, was shirtless, and slouched over the stove frying French fries in vegetable oil.

"You're really starting to irritate me, you know that though, don't you?" Jungkook asked as he abandoned the waffle maker.

"Always." Jimin said as he turned his head around to smirk.

"But I guess it's only because you're jealous that I'm on top..."

Jae stifled her laughs, because she knew exactly what they were talking about.

She wondered why Jungkook was here so early in the morning looking comfortable in sweats and a tshirt, when in reality, he'd stayed the night.

But it wasn't for sleeping in the sense that most would think.

She laughed heartily as she walked into the kitchen, her laughter becoming more boisterous as she saw how red and embarrassed they were.

"I swear if I hadn't interrupted you would've been making out already." She giggled as she sat down in one of the bar stools.

"How long have you known?" Jungkook asked as he shuffled back over to the waffle maker.

"I've known for forever. Hell, the whole neighborhood probably knew before either of you did!" She hadn't laughed this much in quite a while, and she rather liked it.

Soon breakfast was ready, and they all seemed to be in good moods as they sat down to eat.

Chicken and waffles with French fries.

"Okay, so I've know about you for forever, but like how did you end up dating exactly?" She asked as she tore apart her waffle.

"Do you remember when I used to get really drunk, and I'd blurt everything out?" Jimin asked as returned from the kitchen with a glass of orange juice.

"Yeah, it happened a lot." She admitted.

"Well, one day this idiot got wasted, he blurted out that he liked me. To make it worse, he kissed me before passing out." Jungkook said as he dodged a French fry projectile thrown by his loving boyfriend.

"We've just kinda been together since..." Jimin said with a shrug as Jungkook rolled his eyes with a small chuckle.

"So, why didn't you ever try to tell me?" Jae was a little irritated that they never even tried to tell her.

"With how we were raised, I figured you wouldn't have understood, that you would've resented both of us."

Her heart broke when Jimin said that, because she wasn't their parents. She knew that if that's how Jimin was, then that's how he was.

Sure, at first she wasn't too keen on the idea, but when she realized how happy Jungkook made him, she knew it wasn't her place to meddle.

"Do remember how I told you I moved around a lot in china?" She asked suddenly, remembering her childhood.

"Yeah, something about your foster parents moving for work."

Lie.

"Well, they actually didn't move because of work, but... when they would fight, and break things, I just remember these two older men who would tell me to come over whenever that would happen. I didn't realize they were together when I was younger of course, but after time I started to, and I also realized they were the only one's who cared for me back then. So I have no ill thoughts towards it, it's just what you like."

The two siblings locked eyes and he knew what she mean't by 'not for work, they used to fight a lot' she'd meant that if she wasn't out of that house immediately, she would get hurt too.

Jungkook did a single clap.

"On a much happier note, Namjoon finally got a boyfriend!" Jungkook was changing the subject, and Jae was thankful for it.

"Lemme guess, Jin?" She asked in an intentionally airy voice.

"Yeah, apparently Namjoon's English grade was dropping, and he went to talk to Seokjin about it..."

"Ended with extra credit work I bet." Jae offered up a wiggle of her brows.

"Most likely." Jimin agreed.

"I wonder who's bottom?" Jae said aloud, though as usual, it was meant to be an inner thought.

"Namjoon." Both boys said in unison.

She turned beat red before slumping down in her seat a bit.

"So, when are you going to get a boyfriend?" Jungkook asked once they all started eating again.

"I don't really know." She said as looked at her plate.

"Or a girlfriend?"

The orange juice she'd been trying to take a sip of spew back into the cup, a coughing fit following after.

"No, no. I'm straight, I like guys." She said still coughing.

"So do we." Jimin said with a smirk.

"I just, I haven't really given any guy the time of day. Most guys my age are unemployed and mooching off their parents, they don't know the first thing about life." She seemed deflated.

"Why not an older man? It's working great for me." Jungkook laughed as Jimin threw another fry.

"I'm scared that someone older might, that they'll think I'm too childish. I want someone who can take care of me, but who knows that I can handle myself... I don't really know."

"Besides, all the 'eligible' guys are my students. Scandal alert!" She said chuckling at the 'shocked' expressions on their faces.

"You're over eighteen, it's legal."

"So, Jungkook, how do you feel about Jimin having a male tutor?" She asked with a smile as Jimin turned best red.

"Depends, is he cute?"

"Extremely."

"What color is his hair?"

"Mint green."

"Skin?"

"Soft and white. Milky almost."

"Min Yoongi?"

"Perhaps."

"You like him, don't you?"

She was caught off guard by Jungkook, he'd been playing her at the same time.

"I uh, no?"

Both boys started into a fit of giggles.

"Oh my God! You've got the hots for Yoongi, your student!!!"

She covered her face with her hands, not bothering to defend what little bit of dignity she had left.

"Between you two and Mrs. Jang I'm going to be put into an arranged marriage with him." She grumbled as she rested her head on the table, swearing under her breath.

"Oh lighten up, we're just teasing you. We don't mean anything by it." Jimin said softly as she sat back up in her chair.

"Maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Dating a student." Jungkook said as he tapped his fingers against the table.

She just sighed, knowing that whatever conversation that would follow that comment wouldn't be short.