四: Teach Me Well

Tutors And Teachers

She cringed as she pulled her glasses out from her bag, removing the other contact.

She sighed, the glass secured on her nose bridge, a little metaphorical rain cloud over her head.

"Am I actually early?" A familiar voice called out from the door as Jae had bent down, under the desk, to put her other contact up.

"Yeah, the other class just dismissed." Then she popped up from behind the desk, scarring Yoongi nearly half to death.

"Jesus!" He exclaimed as she did so.

But she knew that she hadn't scared him.

The glasses had.

"Hi, Mr. Min." She said with a slight wave.

"Uh, Hi, Miss Park?" 

She ignored the fact that she basically was a different person with glasses.

"Yeah, I dropped my contact, so I had use these old things..." She looked away, awkwardness building up in her stomach.

"Oh..." Was all he said as he took a seat in the front row.

"Did you change schedules?" She asked as sat back down, straight back to grading papers.

"Yeah, after a, uh, incident, I changed my schedule around." He said almost uncertainly.

"Oh, you keep forgetting to sign your name on your papers, I keep forgetting to tell you." She said with a slight shake of her head.

"Oh, sorry about that." He said as he pulled out his textbooks.

"It's fine." She said, finally finished with seven periods worth of homework.

So now, with some free time, she decided to work on those paint designs.

Each was a bit different, but she liked them all the same.

"You like art?" Yoongi asked casually as he browsed through the English textbook.

"Yeah, it was my minor in college. Well, actually, I clepped out of art, and took music as my minor..." She seemed to trail off as she looked at the drawing she'd been working on.

"Music is my major, with an art minor." Somehow he made it seem like a music joke, to which they both chuckled.

"Okay, Mr. Min Artist, can you tell me what's wrong with my drawing?" She asked as she approached his desk, her sketchpad, which no one had been able to touch before, handed over to him.

"Well, for starters, there isn't enough leaves, and the tree is very... flat." He said with no restraint, continuing to make remarks about the whole thing.

"Thanks, you're certainly more help than Jimin." She smiled, but then her words sank in. Her smile faded. She trudged back over to her desk, her sketchpad propped up in her hands.

"Who's Jimin?" Yoongi asked hesitantly as Jae closed her sketchpad and slid it into the drawer of the desk.

"My brother." She said softly.

"Oh." Was all that came out before he regretted asking.

"I have to take this." Jae said as she stood, phone buzzing in her hand.

Then she slipped into her actual office.

She really hadn't used it.

Ever.

Until now.

"Yes?" Her voice was still audible from the classroom.

"Yes, Ma'am." Her voice faltered a bit.

"I'll be right there." Then she hung up and bolted out of her office, grabbing her purse and tea.

"Could you do me a favor and write that class is canceled on the chalkboard?" She asked frantically as she made sure she grabbed up everything important.

"Sure?" He replied with his brows furrowed.

"Oh, Thank you!" She shouted as she ran out the hall, all her valuables with her.

Except that sketchpad.

"One look really wouldn't hurt..." Yoongi thought aloud to himself as he stood from his seat, crossing the distance in record time.

He quickly scribbled CLASS CANCLED before going over to her desk, sneakily opening the middle drawer which held Miss Park's most valuable possession.

Besides her dog.

Which was at home.

Yoongi gently slid the sketchpad out of the desk before setting it down on the desk, using the cover to prop it up on it's side.

He took a deep breath before opening it, revealing about a million doodles on one page.

Then he looked closer.

And closer.

And closer.

He furrowed his brows before putting it under his magnifying glass.

Then he let out an almost sad sigh.

All those tiny 'doodles' were actually all of her students drawn too small for anyone to notice. They were drawn oddly delicately, but they didn't lack any depth, and they weren't flat either. They were just simply etched into her life.

Because he could already tell that that's what this book was to him, her life.

Maybe even her heart.

He flipped the page, setting his magnifying glass down on the desk as the drawings got bigger.

Four boys drawn in a simple sketch were strewn across a couch, yet none of them had faces.

They almost looked like a family though.

Brothers.

He noticed the names at the top of the page.

Hoe-Bi, Cocky, Nam-Juice, 'Hyung.

He found the last one a bit weird. After all, only guys called older guys hyung.

Unless it was part of his name?

Regardless he flipped to the next page, showcasing another guy.

This one was drawn with a funny expression on his face, also without a shirt on.

Then he read the name drawn in the bottom corner of the page.

Park Jimin. My bro-tato chip

That explains the way it was drawn.

He was sprawled over a bed, shirtless, with a funny look on his face.

A mix of laughter, and love.

He stared at the drawing a little longer before moving on to the next one.

His mood sank instantly when saw it.

A tombstone jutted from the ground, a bouquet of dead flowers left at the grave, and a name carved delicately into the tombstone.

Park Chul, devoted wife, loving mother. May she be loved in heaven, as much as on earth.

The drawing itself looked like she had poured herself into it. But the last part written on the tombstone seemed like it was forced.

Like that's not what should have been written, at least according to Miss Park.

He lingered more than he'd liked before flipping to the next page.

Two figures sat across from each other, one girl, one boy.

The boy had one knee pulled up, his head resting against it while he held a bottle in his hands.

The girl had both knees pull up to her chest, completely shielding her face, a pill bottle being carelessly dumped out because of how she hand her arms pulled around her knees.

Something looked familiar about the scribbles on both of the bottles.

He grabbed his magnifying glass, positioning it over the boys alcohol bottle first.

Jimin's Escape.

He wasn't sure why, but that hurt him.

He quickly tried to read what was written on the girls bottle.

Jae-Hwa's Prison.

Then his heart sank.

Even more when he noticed the other pill bottles drawn on their sides, their contents spilling everywhere.

He quickly flipped to the next page, his heart hurting the more he looked at that drawing.

Then it was like another person had taken over the sketchpad.

The lower half of a mans face was drawn in delicate , a little bit of pink staining the bottom half of his cheeks, just soft enough that they matched his lips.

They were oddly familiar, but he couldn't place it, so he skipped to the next drawing.

It was basically a repeat, but his smile got smaller.

Yoongi furrowed his brow, looking at the next couple of pages before realizing what it was.

He skipped at least five pages back, then quickly flipped through them.

It started as a pair of pursed thin lips, then they gradually turned up until he opened his mouth and smiled widely.

Whoever that was that she had drawn, meant something to her.

Whether either of them knew it or not.

He flipped past the other photos of the smiling man to get to newer ones.

A girl hunched over on top a desk, much like L from Deathnote, was harshly drawn into the page, ripping the page in certain spots.

She had two bottles in her hands, one which was clearly alcohol, and the other which was a pill bottle.

Then he noticed the half draw line carefully perched between her lips.

A cigarette.

But it wasn't completed.

Which means she maybe hadn't done it?

Frantic footsteps coming down the hall snapped him out of his thoughts.

He shoved the sketchpad back in the drawer before grabbing his things from his desk.

"You're still here?" Miss Park asked as she entered the room, out of breath, eyes red and puffy.

"This was my last class and I needed to study. My house is noisy, so it gets hard to concentrate." He lied right to her face.

"Oh, alright. I need to close up for tonight, so..." She trailed on, then he finally got the message.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry." He apologized as he threw his bag over his shoulder.

"Goodnight, Jae." He said before casually waltzing out of the class like nothing was wrong.

Then it hit him.

He called her Jae.

Maybe it was because it was just them, or because he felt like he understood her because of her drawings.

But for whatever reason, it felt so natural, and so good.

He actually liked it.

And so did she.