十二: I'm Your World

Tutors And Teachers

Dinner had been extremely awkward for the last five minutes in which they'd seated themselves.

No one had really talked, and when they did, someone else wished they hadn't.

"Hello, what can I get you to drink?"

"Lemonade."

"Water."

"Water."

"Coffee."

"Coke."

"Water."

"Coffee."

The waitress nodded before looking at Yoongi and Jae.

"Weren't you two in her last night?"

Everyone at the table looked at the pair.

"Yeah..." Jae said with a forced smile.

The waitress smiled and walked off, leaving her with the 'wolves' as she referred to them when they found something out that they weren't supposed to know.

"What's this I hear about last night?" Taehyung asked, leaning out a bit from where he sat so he could stare at them.

"Nothing."

"To hell with 'nothing.' Have you two been running around behind our backs?" Hoseok asked right after.

"No." She said softly, feeling as awkward as possible.

"Well, at least I don't have to worry about him sleeping with his tutor." Jungkook said as he pointed to Jimin, who was flushed bright red.

"Why would it matter? Unless you're dating!" Namjoon said with so much 'I-Knew-It!' in his voice that it hurt.

"Like you're not screwing the English substitute." Taehyung retorted with a roll of the eyes.

"Least I'm not screwing him in the janitors closet. That's right, everyone knows about what you and Hoseok do during lunch period." Namjoon said with a quick raise of the brows.

Jae pulled her phone out under the table, quickly texting Yoongi.

Jae: Going to need a drink after this. You game?

Yoongi looked at her, a raised eyebrow present.

Yoongi: Aren't you only eighteen?

Jae: I've got friends, believe it or not.

Yoongi wasn't aware it was possible to like a girl this much, but now he was, and he liked it.

Yoongi: I'm game.

Jae nodded before smiling at the waitress who brought their drinks before taking their orders.

Jae looked at the difference in everyone's drinks, laughing a bit.

Jimin and Jungkook had ordered coffee.

Taehyung, Hoseok, and Namjoon ordered water.

Yoongi had ordered lemonade, and she got coke.

She took one sip before sliding it away, covering with her hand.

"You alright?" Jimin asked, looking genuinely concerned.

"Either it's diet, or it's Pepsi, either way it's awful." She said looking at the drink like it was poison.

"Switch." Hoseok commanded as he held out his water.

She agreed, passing him the fizzy drink, which he passed to Taehyung who smiled like he was Satan breaking out of hell.

"Calm down there, Larry." Jungkook said with a chuckle as he looked at Taehyung.

"He's just happy, because he's getting to drink soda." Hoseok said nudging Taehyung with his elbow.

"I'm trying to get him to cut down on his sugar intake, because no one wants a boyfriend who was diabetes at the age of twenty."

Taehyung simply rolled his eyes at Hoseok, his mouth firmly tightened around the straw.

"Don't get cranky with me because you're at risk." Taehyung said once Hoseok turned away.

"HEY! No fighting at dinner. Jeez." Jae said pulling Hoseok back down.

Yoongi chuckled a bit, wondering if this was what family was like.

For some reason he imagined Jimin and Jungkook as the parents, Taehyung, Hoseok and Namjoon as the kids, and Jae as the concerned cousin.

He wondered where he would fit in if he managed to become part of them, he wondered and wondered.

But he wasn't sure.

He didn't know.

But he longed to.

~~

"This may not have been one of my best ideas." Jae admitted as they walked into one of the clubs, it was loud and basically the opposite of every preconceived idea Yoongi had about Jae.

Jae smiled brightly as they sat down in the barstools.

"One suicide." Jae looked at Yoongi. "Make that two."

"Coming right up, Jae."

Yoongi had a lopsided smile as he asked what a 'suicide' was.

"It's a half shot of every alcohol they have, blended into a smoothie. The flavor of the smoothie depends on what night it is. Tonight is friday, so they have mango orange. It masks the flavor of the alcohol, but you still get buzzed." She explained as the music radiated through the building.

"Here you go. Two suicides."

"Thanks, Eul." Jae said before taking a sip of the drink.

Yoongi took a small sip, progressively taking bigger ones as they continued to talk about the small things.

After finishing one, they decided to get another, then another, until finally Jae was wasted, and Yoongi would definitely feel it tomorrow.

"Let's get you home." Yoongi said as Jae finished the last sip.

"Ji can't see me like this. He'll think I'm no good. He'll think I'm like him." She slurred as she looked at Yoongi with pleading eyes.

"What do you mean?" He asked as she fidgeted with her hands.

"He used to come home drunk, he'd pass out on the couch. Sometimes he wouldn't come home until the next day. He stopped drinking a little while ago, but seeing me like this will just make things worse." She hiccupped before letting out a yawn.

"I'm tired."

He knew he'd regret it later, but he wasn't just about to drop her off on her porch.

"You can come stay the night."

She smiled and nodded before grabbing onto his arm, letting him lead her back to the safety of his truck.

If he'd drank one more suicide he wouldn't be able to drive.

But he hadn't, so he was driving, he probably shouldn't have been, but he was anyway.

Surprisingly, they arrived at his house safely, no damage whatsoever.

"Come here." Yoongi said as he picked up Jae, letting her cling onto him like a koala to bamboo.

He shut the door behind him quietly as he walked to his room, no sign of Dabin so far.

He set Jae on his bed, figuring he could get away with sleeping on the couch.

"Now, to find Dabin." He thought to himself as he started looking around the house only to find a note on the fridge.

Went to Nari's, won't be back until Sunday. Love you, Dabin.

He rolled his eyes, a small smile on his lips as he walked back to his room.

Luck had just been gracing him today.

First, it graced him by letting him remember to check to see how the room was coming along, even though she hadn't started yet so he was able to help her.

Second, it graced him by her liking him back, meaning he didn't get rejected because he was all 'I want to kiss you~!' without warning.

Third, it graced him by letting him get her home without any accident.

He wondered if maybe there really was a God after all.

But then he thought about Jae on his bed, and decided he debate theology later.

He went to pull the blankets over her, but she grabbed his arm before he could.

"Come cuddle." She slurred, pulling down on his arm.

Usually he could resist a drunk woman, but because of the events that had taken place earlier, he couldn't.

He laid down next to her, wrapping his arms around her protectively, realizing one thing.

He was whipped for his teacher.