Bonus #3: Song Kyung

Tutors And Teachers

When your life is like Song Kyung's, you quickly realize that it's easy to hate people.

Especially when they're just like your family.

That's exactly why he hates Park Jae-Hwa, she's just like Eun-Ji.

But Eun-Ji is gone now, she's long since dead and he blames himself for that, he lashes out at the world because he's terrified of what he's become.

Only one person could ever calm him down, but they're half way across the world right now, out of sight and out of mind.

Right when he needs them the most.

He throws his books in his bag before standing up from his desk, ignoring everyone else as he sneaks out the backdoor of the classroom.

People pay him no mind as he brushes by them, wanting nothing more than to leave the hell hole he's currently in.

Soon the sea of people thins as the parking lot comes into sight, it seems like a free ticket out of the place until he hears his sister calling for him.

"Kyung! Kyung!" He wanted to run for it, but he didn't want to listen to one of her lectures when they got home, so he stopped, turning on his heels to face the bottle blonde.

"What, Eul-Jin?"

She huffs, puffing out her cheeks at him. "I was just wondering if you wanted to come over to Ten's place, we're having a movie night."

He sighs, she never can remember, and it's no surprise she'd plan a movie night today of all days.

"I'll pass." He says turning around to leave.

"Wae?!"

He turns his head to look over his shoulder. "Because I promised Eun-Ji I'd take her flowers, and the florist closes soon."
Then it clicks into place and he can see the way her lips twitch at the corners.

"Oh, I see... well, maybe next time then..." Then she turns away, sauntering back towards the entrance so Ten can come and pick her up.

He shakes his head, searching the parking lot for his beat up Hyundai. Finally he spots it way off to the back, and he doesn't even remember having to walk for what now seems like a hundred miles.

------------------

The bell above the door alerts the florist to her newest customer and she smiles slightly as she greets him.

"Hello, sir, what can I get for you?"

"I need a bouquet of Hydrangeas, Gladiolus, and Queen Annes Lace." He says remembering that they were her favorites for what they meant.

Hydrangeas: Heartfelt

Gladiolus:  strength of character

Queen Annes Lace: sanctuary

It was the way he remembered her.

"Give me a minute while I get it wrapped up." She says with a smile, her fingers quick at work with pulling flowers from cases and pulling paper out of the containers.

He took his time to wander around, looking at some of the photos around the flower shop. One caught his attention.

Three people stood on a bridge, each with a different flower.

One boy held Amaranthus, which meant never fading feelings.

Another held zinnia which meant lasting love, goodness and constancy.

Then what looked to be the florist, stood between the two boys holding one small dahlia. Proud love without compromise.

"Okay, the flowers are ready!" She called out from the cash register, unable to see Kyung due to the overgrowth of flowers on the end cap.

"Oh, Thank you... Qiang?" He looked at her name tag, reading it very carefully.

"No problem, and I'm impressed that you pronounced my name correctly." She said with a chuckle, smiling at him.

And she looked pretty like that, despite the scars up and down her arms and neck, regardless of even the one that seemingly went through her eye.

----------------

He took a deep breath as he approached her grave, exhaling as soon as he stood in front of it.

He set the flowers down against the headstone, sitting off to the side as he pulled a book out of his backpack.

"I came with flowers, just like I promised..." He bites his lip, shifting the book from one hand to the other. "I also brought some poetry along, I know you used to love it, so I figured it would be nice to read some for you..." He says, opening the cover of the book, flipping to the marked poem.

Remember by Christina Georgina Rossetti
Remember me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go, yet turning to stay.
Remember me when no more, day by day,
You tell me of our future that you planned;
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.

Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember, do not grieve;
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that I once had,
Better by far you should forget and smile,
Than that you shoulder remember and be sad.

He hadn't realized it, but tears had started to leave his eyes, streaming down his face until they splattered against the page, and it seemed as if he was all alone.

Restlessly waiting in a room alone, waiting for someone to come and tell him it was his time to go. To go and see Eun-Ji again.

But it wasn't.

He still had more to live for.

He still had so much to live for.

​​​​