十四: That You Won't Ever Stop

Tutors And Teachers

Jae had barely finished moving the furniture back into it's place, including her new desk, when a knock came from the half closed door.

"Yes?" She hadn't looked up from what she was doing.

"Hello, Miss Park."

Jae froze in place, hoping it wasn't who she thought it was.

But, when she turned around, she saw that it was exactly who she thought is was.

"Mrs. Oh, I wasn't aware you were coming." She said as she brushed herself off, wondering how unprepared she looked.

"I sent the office the papers, perhaps they misplaced them. Well, never mind that." Mrs. Oh said before walking into the classroom.

"I'm here to talk about a more... personal matter."

Jae's heart sunk, something told her it was about her psyche profile, or even her relationship.

"It's come to my attention that you're in a relationship with one of your students. Mr. Min Yoongi, is that correct?" Mrs. Oh asked, her lips pursed.

"I um... Yes Ma'am, that is true. But, as of tomorrow he is no longer my student, he'll be transferring to Mr. Fang's class." She said with a little hint of defiance in her tone, she hadn't meant to sound rude, she just had.

"Do you know the history of ADM? Not many people do."

Jae simply shook her head.

"My grandparents founded ADM, they weren't rich, and they weren't above anything or anyone. But they were in love, and they'd had some problems in school..." Mrs. Oh sat herself down at one of the desks, turning to look at Jae who sat across from her.

"You see, my grandfather was a teacher at a local high school, straight out of college, young, and very driven. My grandmother was one of his students, old enough to make her own choices. It was about the beginning of her senior year when she met him, and they fell in love almost instantly. They tried to keep their ever growing feelings to themselves, but around the middle of her senior year they'd fallen madly in love, and they couldn't keep it hidden any longer." Mrs. Oh seemed touched by the story herself, and Jae just kept wondering what the whole point of this was.

"The school fired my grandfather because of their relationship, deeming it 'inappropriate' for a teacher to date their student. As the years passed, She graduated, high school, then college. But amidst all that, they realized something. If love was love, why couldn't it just be accepted? So they made ADM, which was originally Wu Shi college. We have a policy that states that if a student and teacher fall in love, they may date according to certain rules," Mrs. Oh smiled, a kind smile at that.

"You and Mr. Min are allowed to date, if you are inclined to do so, as long as you keep it professional while on school property. But I do have to say, asking him to transfer to Mr. Fang's class, was probably for the best. I wish you luck in your endeavors, Miss Park."

Jae nodded and bowed as Mrs. Oh left, feeling a bit light headed to be completely honest.

"You alright? You look pale."

She ran up to Yoongi, giving him the biggest, tightest hug she could muster.

"Mrs. Oh just came to visit, she's the head of the school... She said as long as we keep it as professional as we can on campus it's okay!" Jae was so happy she could burst.

Yoongi was just... well, he was just Yoongi. Happy, but not really showing how much.

"That's great." He said as he got Jae to calm down a bit, pressing a quick kiss to her lips.

"Aish, don't do that." She chided, a grin quickly spreading across her face.

"I will do whatever I want, Miss Park." There was a sense of adoration in his voice.

"As will I, Mr. Min." She said, before sneakily pinching his , causing him to jump about ten foot.

"I hate it when you do that!" He cried out as he rubbed him bum, glaring at her as she walked back towards the back of the classroom.

"I hate it when you whine." She shrugged as she pulled the final sheet of plastic off the chairs and desks.

"But you love me!"

"Maybe." She said with a smile. "Maybe."

Yoongi just smiled, it was his signature big gummy grin that she loved, and she wondered if he was as whipped for her as she was for him.

But in all truth he wasn't.

He was far past how whipped she was.

He loved her with all his heart, schizophrenia and all.

He still wasn't sure how that family tree worked out.

"What are you thinking about?" She asked as she came back down the stairs, making a beeline for her desk.

"You never explained your family tree."

She stopped just before she made it around the desk, turning to look at him.

"Alright. Jimin's parents got married and had him, his mother met a man in china while on a business trip. She pretended that the baby was Jimin's dads, but gave it up for adoption once it was born. The man she'd had the kid with was married with a kid of his own already, he wanted to take care of the baby, but couldn't. So she got tossed around for a bit, then finally got thrown into foster care. Eventually she escaped foster care and found her parents, her dad at least. He took care of her to the best of his ability, but he had a heart attack one day, so his wife decided she could take the girl in. After a bit the police came, the daughter was taken away, and shipped off to her mother. Jimin's mom. My mom." She frowned, sitting on the front of her desk.

"I lived in foster care for eight years, then I lived with my dad, my half brother and his mother until I was twelve, then dad died, and she couldn't keep me. I've lived with Jimin since then. About four years ago his dad left, and about two years ago our mom died. He and my other half brother are all I have left. He's still in china I imagine, probably living on the family spoils. But me? Nah. I'm the illegitimate kid. Family has never really been a strong suit of mine."

"Sorry." Yoongi said sheepishly from beside her.

"Don't be. Life turned out the way it was supposed to be. I learned that people who serve good causes don't always have good intentions, parents make mistakes, the system isn't always right, and that family is family, no matter how big or small." She gave him a small smile and a pat on the leg before continuing what she trying to do prior to the talk about her family situation.

"I know that this is probably weird to ask, but what were their names?"

"My family? Well, the foster parents names were Daehwan and Mei Qi. My parents in china were Minghao and Pho, my brothers name was Zi Tao. Jimin's parents names were Gukhyeon and Chul. Before I became a 'Park' my name was Huang Li Xiang."

"But you go by Park Jae-Hwa now?"

"Yeah, my mom basically renamed me." She said with a shrug.

"So, would it be okay if I called you Li Li?"

A grin spread across her face.

"That's fine, it's what my dad used to call me. Truth be told I miss it. I miss china."

"Maybe I could take you back one day?"

She smiled, softly nodding her head.

"I'd like that."

She really did like the idea of that.

Of going back to the familiar if only for old times sake.