二: Something

Tutors And Teachers

"Jae sighed as she stalked around the halls, trying to find the Introduction To Theology class.

 

Which she wasn't sure why was even in this type of school.

 

But none the less she searched for it, just so that she might get to paint her walls a spunky color.

 

Then she saw it, but she also saw Mr. Song, or rather, Song Kyung, who had tried to basically shame her the entire first period.

 

Again.

 

So she reluctantly trudged into the classroom, waiting a few minutes, thanking God that the classroom opened up at the very back, so as not to draw as much attention.

 

But it gets better, just as she was entering, a pair of stairs led up to the left.

 

The observations box.

 

Where other teachers were allowed to sit and observe the class, without being noticed.

 

She swiped her keycard, allowing her into the small room at the top of the class, just far enough out of sight to not be noticed by the students.

 

She debated turning on the lights, but decided not to, seeing as she didn't want to draw any attention to the box.

 

Because she was so NOT supposed to be there.

 

"Yes, Mr. Min, is there something you'd like to share with the class?" Zhang Jun, the professor,  asked as he noticed the student become somewhat... agitated.

 

"Forgive me if I'm wrong, Professor," Oh how the venom dripped from his mouth as he spoke to the man. "But have you forgotten completely about Christianity, or are you just choosing to ignore the religion?" He clicked his pen a couple of times, but the clicking sounded more like shots being fired because of how silent the room had fallen.

 

"I did not forget about it, however I would prefer to point out that Christianity is a dying religion, and I'm not sorry to say I'll be glad when it finally dies off." Mr. Zhang said distastefully.

 

Jae felt a strange urge to 'accidentally' spill some type of hot liquid on Mr. Zhang the next day at lunch.

 

"I can understand that, my friends are atheists, Buddhists, Catholics, Muslims, but that is no excuse to leave out a religion." He said in rather rude demeanor, so different from how he was in English class.

 

"Just because you may be Christian Mr. Min, doesn't mean I have to please your opinion."

 

"I'm not Christian, but my parents were." Something had triggered a very irritable state from him.

 

"So you're protecting their religion in hopes of making them proud?" Zhang said cockily.

 

"Well they're dead, but sure." Mr. Min replied in the most dead panned voice.

 

The whole room fell completely silent after that, and even Zhang didn't say anything except for a 'sorry' before quickly scribbling Christianity across the chalk board.

 

Because no one argues with a kid whose dead parents believed in God.

 

No one.

 

Except the boy sitting next to him, who was obviously poking fun at him.

 

Jae sighed and rested her head on the desk in front of her. Horrible memories started flooding her mind, back to when she was in college.

 

She remembered all the times the professors and students picked on her because she believed in God, in Jesus Christ.

 

But most of all she remembered when no one was there for her, her dad had left, her mom was getting sicker, and her brother just pushed her harder, and harder, and harder.

 

But no one was really there for her.

 

She still hated that feeling, but more so that it was still inside her, knowing that one thing could just trigger an outburst.

 

Finally she sat upright, letting out a deep sigh.

 

She watched as every kid exited, in a slow daze like manner. The most distinct kids were the two that were still seated.

 

Mr. Min, and that kid that had been poking fun at him during class.

 

Song Kyung.

 

That guy really was a piece of work.

 

A shoddy one at that.

 

Jae collected her bag from under the desk before exiting the observation box, careful as to not be seen by the two students.

 

But a noise stopped her dead in her tracks as soon as her foot left the last step.

 

Laughter.

 

Loud, ear-shattering laughter.

 

But it wasn't the happy 'I saw something funny' type.

 

It was the evil 'haunt you until death' kind of laughter.

 

If that makes sense.

 

She turned around, only to see Song Kyung laughing like a high school bully.

 

At Min.

 

She tried to bite back words, but she was just to done with his antics.

 

"Shouldn't you be getting to your next class, Mr. Song?" She asked in her sternest tone, the one her mother used to use during lectures.

 

The kind of tone that scared even her brother.

 

"I don't think I do." He said snidely, his face turning into an ugly scowl.

 

"Well, even if you don't, you shouldn't keep other students from pursuing their academic pleasures." She remained 'calm' as she said as she walked towards the two boys.

 

"Also, I may be younger than you, but I am still your teacher. And both of you boys are my students. I don't tolerate my students harassing someone, so either go to your next class, or accompany me to the deans office for a new schedule." She said very quietly, though that didn't stop the words from coming off as threatening to him.

 

"Alright, you win. But remember, you can get fired."

 

"And you can be expelled. Now get a move on." She finished it off with a smile as he started walking away.

 

"I don't need your help, Miss Park." Min said from his seat, staring at his hands.

 

"I never said you did. But I also know what it's liked to get picked on, to be the bullseye on a target board, and it's not fun. Especially when no one will ever help you when you need it... you should get to class, or wherever it is you need to go." She fixed her purse on her shoulder before starting to walk out.

 

"Thanks..." He muttered as he walked past her, but he still wasn't... rude, or mean about it.

 

It just seemed like he was, well, like he was embarrassed.

 

She shook her head before rushing to get to her own classroom, because she was late as it was.

 

"Good morning, class." She said as she removed her bag from her shoulder, taking her usual place at her desk.

 

"Today we'll be learning about sentence structure, because you're really going to need this." She passed out papers, they were mandatory, but they certainly helped the students to understand.

 

"In many languages, the sentence is reversed, when compared to English." She had several examples written on her chalkboard.

 

Except for there weren't examples there anymore.

 

Just a rather large...

 

"Did anyone in this class draw this?" She asked as she pointed to a rather large... thing... on her chalkboard.

 

Everybody shook their head, and no one even laughed.

 

"Did anybody see who did this?" She asked as she awkwardly tried to erase it.

 

"It was Song Kyung, ma'am." A soft voice called from the front row.

 

Jae stopped mid-, turning around to look at the student.

 

"You're sure of this?" She asked as she jotted it down on a sticky note.

 

"He's my brother, so yeah, I'm pretty sure." The girl spoke up again.

 

Jae looked up at the girl, her brows furrowed a bit.

 

They didn't look alike, except for their eyes.

 

"Okay, well thank you, Miss Song." She said before returning to erasing the drawing.

 

She just sighed.

 

She sighed because Song Kyung had no idea who the hell he was messing with.