七: Your Brokenness

Tutors And Teachers

"Mr. Min, do not use my class as a napping period."

"Mr. Min, don't chew gum in my classroom."

"Mr. Min, mp3's are not allowed in my class." Yoongi grumbled as he recalled the teachers scolding him through the last few hours.

"Rough day?" Namjoon asked as he sat down in the chair next to him, waiting for the government' professor to arrive.

"The only class's I'm enjoying beside art is English and music." Yoongi sighed exhaustedly as he leaned forward in his seat, stretching his back out.

"Tell me about it." Namjoon said begrudgingly as he looked down at his schedule for the day, it had to be rearranged for some reason.

"What time is English for you?" Namjoon asked as he noticed it was his last class of the day.

"7:30pm, why?" Yoongi asked as he pulled his schedule out.

"I have the same class today, a lot of students were complaining about not even getting rescheduled for today." Namjoon said before shoving his schedule into the back of his pocket.

He just kept wondering why he'd been rescheduled, it was the only thing he could think of the entire time they were in government.

As soon as Namjoon sat down he frowned.

A 'man' around the same age as Yoongi was sitting at Jae's desk, glasses on as he read something.

"Excuse me, but where's Miss Park?" Namjoon asked as more students filled into the classroom.

The man sat up, slipping his glasses off.

"Miss Park is out sick. I'm the substitute teacher, Kim Seokjin." He said briskly, eyebrow raised as if questioning Namjoon.

But he didn't notice the way Seokjin seemed to be irritated with his obvious lack for the... obvious.

All he noticed was the way Seokjin was classically handsome, he noticed the way Seokjin was professional, but not heartless.

"Oh, okay." Namjoon muttered quietly before quickly averting his attention down to his notebook, trying his hardest not to look up at the substitute teacher.

"Earth to Namjoon..." Yoongi said as he waved a hand in front of Namjoon's face.

"What?" Namjoon asked, looking around to see if he was missing something.

"Dude, you okay?" Yoongi asked, actually concerned for his friends wellbeing.

"I uh..." Namjoon stopped himself from saying anything he'd regret.

Quickly he flipped to the back of his notebook, scribbling some words across the top line.

 

'When did this guy get here?'

 

Yoongi grinned, his gums showing clearly.

 

'Why? Do you like him?'

 

Namjoon turned his head away for a moment, and Yoongi chuckled a bit.

It was no secret that Namjoon played for his own, but lately it was becoming rather ridiculous.

 

'Maybe.'

 

Then he flipped back to his original spot in the notebook, stealing a quick glance up at the teacher, who stared back.

Namjoon gulped and looked away again, suddenly feeling flustered for some reason.

"We should go visit Miss Park tomorrow, bring her a get-well-soon basket or something..." Yoongi said as he looked off into space, Namjoon barely hearing.

"Someone's got a crush~" Namjoon sang as he prodded the older's side.

"Do not." Yoongi said through gritted teeth.

"You didn't even get me a get well basket, and you want to take one to your teacher? Yeah, you like her." Namjoon said with a smile.

Yoongi muttered some curse words at Namjoon before trying to focus on his schoolwork.

English seemed to drag on forever for some reason, and Yoongi suspected it was because of the way Seokjin spoke, or maybe the fact that he didn't make 'teacher' jokes like Miss Park.

Whatever it was that made English seem boring, he wish would go away.

"Class dismissed." Seokjin said a bit monotone as he finished with the lesson, meanwhile kids were mentally saying 'thank God' in their head.

"Your class ran over tonight, you are aware, right?" Dabin asked Yoongi as she fixed her book bag.

"I had no idea..." He said with as much enthusiasm as a banana.

"Ha-ha, now let's go home." She said impatiently, wanting nothing more than to cuddle with her monkey.

"I wish I never agreed to become your care-giver." Yoongi muttered as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"You're my brother, so by default you already are. Besides, being little doesn't require a care-giver." She said with a small smile as they walked back to their car.

"You're horrible, Dabin. You're truly horrible."

"I know."